A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

G'day guys,
First post on this thing - hopefully many more to come.

Good to see OT's post their first win of the season. With four debutants in the team trinity were a very young side, put up a convincing show against the hard running De La.

Very impressive win also by OB's - too soon to call flag favourites??

Big 41 point win for Old Brighton over Old Xavs!!!

I had my doubts about OB but they are obviously the real deal this year, congradulations on a good win.

The MC - probably a little early, sides like Xav's amd blues tend to hit really good form about round 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Scotch were woeful. They need a midfield otherwise they will be enjoying a season in the magoos next year

Played at Old Scotch on the weekend and the ground is a disgrace. Speaking with a few people (including umpires), and the general consensus is that it was very close to not passing the pre-game inspection.

It is closer to a paddock than a football ground.

it was very patchy, but to be expected i suppose.

More concerned about the footies we are using. The one used in the scoth/ivan game resembled an oversized rock rather than an inflated ball. Why dont we use similar balls that they use in the afl with a bit of give in them. I know the cost is very similar.

First kick i got, i thought i'd broken my foot. Luckily, i didnt get many kicks or else i wouldnt of been able to walk for a week.....

does anyone know why headquaters is dry as a bone? the middle was a rock yesterday and the flanks were a dust bowl. surely the vafa could have got exemptions for watering it. it's gonna be wretched for finals footy come september

Pretty sure the VAFA have no control over the watering of E-Park as they lease the ground from the council who have the final say. I think the area upon which the offices stand is also leased, notwithstanding the fact the Ammos spent money in refurbishing them.

Not a peep on the forum about De La going down to an OT unit fielding 4 debutants from the U19s....what does this say about the boys from East Malvern???

More concerned about the footies we are using. The one used in the scoth/ivan game resembled an oversized rock rather than an inflated ball. Why dont we use similar balls that they use in the afl with a bit of give in them. I know the cost is very similar.

First kick i got, i thought i'd broken my foot. Luckily, i didnt get many kicks or else i wouldnt of been able to walk for a week.....

Probably a little precious Blue boy... our footys have been fine.

yeh agreed.. they are very much rock like.. i know the umps let some air out at half time during the ob v ox match but still was quite hard i believe.. i guess it allowed that mccarthy bloke to have an excuse for his absolutely woeful kicking.. astonishing really..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back