AA selection proves we are on the right track

Remove this Banner Ad

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freo had three players picked in the AA team this year, with two winning selection for the first time.
Aaron Sandilands has been selected four times.
Injuries, suspension had a massive effect on how we ended the season, having quality depth is the
difference in the end, all clubs have injury concerns.
I think we are a BIG chance in the next two years, and have drafted well enough to cover most
positions, and have several players capable of dual roles.
Who agrees?

Definitely we are in with a big chance if everything goes right. We will have a better draw and if I were any other team I would be very scared of the Dockers. Go Freo Forever!

Freo had three players picked in the AA team this year, with two winning selection for the first time.
Injuries, suspension had a massive effect on how we ended the season, having quality depth is the
I think we are a BIG chance in the next two years, and have drafted well enough to cover most
Who agrees?

Yeah but the press says that we have an old list and we need to get rid of them as soon as possible. Plus, didn't you hear that Ross Lyon never gives youth a run and always looks for a new club when the club needs to start a rebuild. Therefore, as of season 2016, we will be coach less and running 19th in the comp.

We are doomed, the press said so, stop these overly positive postings now!

Who agrees?

I agree if we have our best 22 fit and firing when the whips are cracking,we are a big chance of breaking our duck in 2015 IMO.

Yeah but the press says that we have an old list and we need to get rid of them as soon as possible. Plus, didn't you hear that Ross Lyon never gives youth a run and always looks for a new club when the club needs to start a rebuild. Therefore, as of season 2016, we will be coach less and running 19th in the comp.

We are doomed, the press said so, stop these overly positive postings now!
Mz, Sutcliffe, Walters, C Pearce, Ibbotson, Johnno, Neale, to name a few who have improved
under Lyon, and I am probably missing several others. The press have their own agendas.
How much more youth can we have on a list? Lyon tried the reject shop with saints.

It's a bit ridiculous that this was Fyfe's first.

So far in his short career he's been cheated out of 1 x AA, 1 x Doig, and 1 x Brownlow. Combine that with us kicking straight in the GF and he really should be one of the most decorated 23 year olds in league history.

I would also add in the fact that we've made 3 consecutive finals appearances, finishing top 4 twice and one GF appearance as being a good indicator that we're on the right track.

I love this optimism. Yeah we can do it. I think If one of our young big men tabs/apeness can just take that extra step we are well and truly on our way. Also a return to form for Mayne would be super handy.

I love this optimism. Yeah we can do it. I think If one of our young big men tabs/apeness can just take that extra step we are well and truly on our way. Also a return to form for Mayne would be super handy.

Add Barlow not nursing a broken foot & thumb,ballas jaw healed, jonno's herniated disc repaired,Clarke's knee,ribs and lung 100% and last but not least,scos hammies all good.

Who agrees?

what are your thoughts on nit nat and his AA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are your thoughts on nit nat and his AA?

His stats that year (2012) were lower than both Maric's and Jacob's, however Gerard Healy mentioned on 882, after copping a lot of flack over the decision considering Nic Nat came 15th in the Brownlow and 10th in his club's fairest and best that year, that he had X factor which the other two contenders didn't have.

The final selection of the 40 nominated players is done by the panel selectors via a highlights reel, hence Nick Nat did a Priddis and Bradbury-ed his way into AA that year.

People said this year that Eddie Betts should have been in instead of Ballaz based on his stats, however Betts didn't have the defensive pressure of Ballaz and is often regarded as a downhill skier, like Josh Hill.

The deluded Eagles fans think that Matt Ploddis deserved an AA spot because he won the Brownlow by default. However, even though he is a genuine ball magnet with a big tank and zero pace, he only kicked 9 goals for the year and even Glen Jakovich called his disposal skills poor.

Last edited:
It's a bit ridiculous that this was Fyfe's first.

So far in his short career he's been cheated out of 1 x AA, 1 x Doig, and 1 x Brownlow. Combine that with us kicking straight in the GF and he really should be one of the most decorated 23 year olds in league history.

Also robbed of a coaches award.
I would say we are better placed in 2015 than we were in 2014 because of ;

1./ A very tough draw in 2014 esp the first half of the season which cost us.
1./ b Draw much fairer in 2015.

2./ Walters injury and we should include his start to the season as well because he was clearly not fit.
2./ b Walters fully fit can return to the two prong force with Ballas along with another kpp to help pavlich.

3./ Chris Mayne as above. It is undeniable he should not have been playing early in the season. Recall the Sydney game.
3./ b Chop very likely to have a different role this year and more focussed on scoring. Add Crozier to the forward line and Chop becomes far more dangerous.

4./ Nat Fyfe is set to become the most effective player in the comp.
5./ Luke Mcpharlin. Be under no illusions, he was stuffed last year with a mis-diagnosed Tendon and he will be as good as ever in 2015.

I expect top four finish and good chance of top two.

People would use Ottoman history to prove how good Fremantle are if they could. The one thing that proves you're on the right track is, you know, eradicating key issues and progressively becoming a better side. I really don't think Freo's done that in the last 12 months.

People would use Ottoman history to prove how good Fremantle are if they could.

Here's the symbol of the founders of the Ottoman empire:

300px-Seljuqs_Eagle.svg.png

Turn it upside down and what do you get?

Coincidence? I think not. 500 years of domination coming up.

People would use Ottoman history to prove how good Fremantle are if they could. The one thing that proves you're on the right track is, you know, eradicating key issues and progressively becoming a better side. I really don't think Freo's done that in the last 12 months.

Your theory goes out the door if you change the starting point.
The most significant factor in a club's fortunes is the draw especially for an interstate team making the longest trips.
For perspective , last year we played top four teams away from Subiaco and off six day breaks in the first half of the year. I refer to Hawthorn, Sydney and Port Adelaide. Throw in our shock loss to North albeit a home game, which was also off a six day break.

Remove this Banner Ad

AA selection proves we are on the right track

Remove this Banner Ad

Back