FTA-TV ABC Tv as a kid - memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Showing the age here but...
Adventure Island, Kimba the White Lion, Banana Splits, Kenny Everit Video Show(watching it now makes you cringe, as does) The Goodies. Bill and Ben(Bop op little weeed), Sesame Street(yes it was on back then) and Play School. Tho we couldn't wait for six o'clock on a Saturday night for Countdown.

I reckon you'd remember TheCatanooga Cats, My Favorite Martian, The Ghost and Mrs Muir and Atom Ant...:D

The Ferals absolutely dominated, best show

Also watched
Lift Off
Bangers and Mash
Banana Man
and a variety of other stuff.

:D All classic!

The Ferals was ruined when they changed it to Feral TV though. Just wasn't as funny or entertaining IMO.

I used to love watching Vidiot as well. I always used to think the host Eden Gaha had a funny name.

Did anyone used to watch Couch Potato on Saturday mornings?

And does anyone remember Kaboodle?

Some other good ones:
- The Wayne Manifesto
- What-a-Mess
- Ghostwriter
- Fireman Sam
- Darkwing Duck
- Blinky Bill
- Babar
- Batfink
- The Adventures of Spot
- Heartbreak High (probably aimed at early teens, but I still used to watch it as a younger kid)

And another favourite that I used to still watch when I was about 11 or 12, just because it was so ridiculous - Zoolympics.

A funny true story - I have a mate who had the Ship to Shore theme music as his ringtone for a while last year, and I didn't realise it. After a night out in town, I stayed over at his place, and just as I was about to go to sleep, I hear the Ship to Shore theme cut through the total silence in the house. I couldn't stop laughing, just because I hadn't heard it in years! :D

What was the one where the dude went into the other dimension?

Heatbreak high was awesome and not just for the chicks.

Mayne Manifesto I enjoyed with the funny plumber dad :)

Babar was great before cartoons became more sanitised. RETAXAS!!!

Noddy was a classic as well.

How about some of the worst shows back then? I vote for Plasmo.

And what was Coredors deal? Does his face remind you of anything haha?

palshz6.jpg

Didn't Michael Tunn host Vidiot at one stage, or are all my early 90's ABC telly hosts blending into one?

Also, serious lol's at the Kenny Everett Video show post. Extremely cringe-inducing these days as you said.

I may have thought at one stage that him and Kev Kavanagh were the same bloke. Y'know, beard and all.

But I'm pretty sure Countdown was a Sunday night 6pm show.

Banana's in Pajamas
the thing with the pencil on its nose (Mr Squiggle??)
Play School
Sesame Street

and then I started watching Sarvo on Nickelodeon everyday

Some from my day that haven't been mentioned:
The Alexander Bunyip Show
Watch This Space - with the talking house that may or may not have been a spaceship
Secret Squirrel - was he part of the Atom Ant show though?
The Beachcombers - with Nick Adonidas
Starblazers - Japanese anime where a WW2 battleship cruised deep space and wiped out the bad guys with the wave motion gun

My memory of after school viewing features a pink bunyip, the Banana Splits, Grange Hill, Monkey, followed by The Goodies at 6 and Dr Who at 6:30. Not sure that that exact line up ever existed, but it's what I remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freaky stories
round the twist
but the best was CATDOG the best show ever i loved it so much when i was kid.

All classics everyone has mentioned, but I haven't read anyone talk about these ones:

- Square One (It was a sort of educational show, but had a soap sort of segment at the end of the show called "Mathnet"

[youtube]LXp3AMgbG6k[/youtube]

[youtube]kIKrkkIuGTQ[/youtube]

- T-Bag (T-Shirt was a little champ]

[youtube]7M0bF1JGWus[/youtube]

- Watt On Earth (Different, don't think it lasted long either. "Blackholes & Quasars!"

[youtube]fsC7bP9KtUw[/youtube]

- Ghostwriter (Classic)

[youtube]l9lNeIYuikE[/youtube]

Few more:

Tugs

Tugstophat.jpg

Funny Bones

funny-bones.jpg

In the dark dark night....There was big skelton, a little skeleton and a dog skeleton haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV ABC Tv as a kid - memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back