FTA-TV ABC Tv as a kid - memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

So many classics!

Was a big fan of Trapdoor, Arthur, Farthing Wood, Captain Planet and I must confess - Madeline. Stickin around was a good one i had forgotten about too. Still rate the Fireman Sam theme tune. :thumbsu:

:(
Some memorable theme songs here:

juppposter.jpg
f_DreamstoneRm_7398c8f.jpg

:thumbsu: Thanks for mentioning Dreamstone. Had fond memories of that show. Remember it coming on around 10:30 am or so after the Neverending Story cartoon during school holidays.

Others:

Chronicles of Narnia
You Can't Do That on Television
Little Bear :eek:
Count Duckula
Astro Boy
Escape From Jupiter
Ulysses 31
Voltron
World of David the Gnome
Radio Free Rosco

I started watching Bluewater High and enjoyed ogling the girls like I used to with Alex Mack and Degrassi. Then it dawned on me I was now at an age where this was nigh pedophilic behaviour and they could no longer be crushes but jailbait :( Ah, so sad.

I recently purchased a box set containing the 50s and 60s episodes of Gumby. Classic stuff. Going to the buy the 70s and 80s one soon.

For your big fat information this is our imagination me and my friend Brraaaadleeeeyy what we draw is what you see, stick around, a whole world to explore, stick around, see things you've never seen before. Real mature Bradley.

And the aforementioned screaming guy was Dyl(an). He had his toncils taken out, n put in a jar. So funny. And the old guy who got in the World Record book by making the massive ball of ear wax.

And the two tough guys, Lance and Russell. And Ashleigh, the princess type kid. Such a quality show.

Haha. Just searched this on youtube and I can actually remember it. Half the shows I used to watch as a kid I've forgotten about.

This topic has brought back even more memories. Even more nineties goodness that I had all but forgotten.

Its a pity todays kids wont grow up and experience this same nostalgic feeling. Im thinking the PC parade are the reason for the degradation in quality of cartoons and childrens shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Budgie the Little Helicopter

300px-Budgie.jpg

ZZZOOOOMMMGGGGGG

I used to love this show! I had completely forgotten about it!

My favourites

ANGRY_BEAVERS.bmp.jpg

kifmNickelodeonNickelodeonRockos_Modern_Life-resized200.gif

logo.jpg

(Images help the nostalgia :) )

These are all of a similar vein, can anyone remember any others from this kind of.... cartoon genre i guess.

Edit.

Arthur anyone?

arthur_home.gif

I can't be the only one who remembers Chocky? That show was gun - I loved it.
[youtube]e3ztIDFU2P8[/youtube]

Another cartoon one I was into (and still part remember the theme song to) was Spartacus and the Sun Beneath the Sea. It was in the vintage of Cities of Gold.
[youtube]48NaLR8V9fE&feature=related[/youtube]

I can't be the only one who remembers Chocky? That show was gun - I loved it.
[youtube]e3ztIDFU2P8[/youtube]

Don't recall the show itself, but definently recall the title sequence, and being s***scared by it, so I probably ran away from the telly, and that's why I don't remember it.

Some of these are probably taking it back another generation of tv viewer still...

The Beachcombers
Worzel Gummidge
Catweasel
Educating Marmalade
Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13¾
Bang goes the Budgie
The Famous Five

Dr Who - Kenny Everitt was a great combo after 6pm for a few years.
Twas the Tom Baker Dr Who years as well.

I recently acquired all the seasons of Degrassi. Quality viewing with some hard hitting story lines including Erica's abortion, Wheels' parents dying, Claude's suicide and Cathleens eating disorder.

The best part was the actors, using actual teenagers to play teenagers. Take note shitty American teen shows.

They just dont make these shows like they used. Look how rubbish Degrassi the Next Generation is.

All the way with Stephanie Kay!!!!

Some of these are probably taking it back another generation of tv viewer still...

The Beachcombers
Worzel Gummidge
Catweasel
Educating Marmalade
Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13¾
Bang goes the Budgie
The Famous Five

Dr Who - Kenny Everitt was a great combo after 6pm for a few years.
Twas the Tom Baker Dr Who years as well.
Catweasel...I'd forgot about that one. Also remembered one called Arthur King of the Britons.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV ABC Tv as a kid - memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back