Remove this Banner Ad

The video on this page has an interview with the caretaker

He mentions a time 4am ??

And also seems to imitate/mime bending down and picking up a child and walking away with it, when in actual fact hes describing a scenario where a child walks off on her own... Little bit odd.

I don't think that is the caretaker? Also, he is actually saying it doesn't make sense that a 4 yo would pick up her sleeping bag and walk off

If this is the shack that had CCTV, that's absolutely incredible. Even if the camera is only on the back of the shack, facing the track behind it, it would still pick up everything. If it's in the front, facing the tent, that would be unbelievably lucky.

View attachment 1266584

Well spotted .... jfc this just gets constantly creepier

And also seems to imitate/mime bending down and picking up a child and walking away with it, when in actual fact hes describing a scenario where a child walks off on her own... Little bit odd.
He’s a bit inarticulate. Hiding something? lots of hand movements going all over the place. Interesting.

Seems like a real big reach to me that someone might have stalked the family and then followed them to a camp site. imo police have nothing and are getting desperate for clues.
I agree. I think if you’re stalking a child to abduct them there are probably easier ways than following a family all the way to a camp site and skulking around all night.

I think the stalking commentary based on a potential break in is sensationalist garbage. Break in is either a coincidence, something that happened after her disappearance due to knowing the family wasn’t there, or, if it is linked, then both the break in and taking of Cleo is because the family are mixed up in something with someone known to them, not a random solely stalking a child for weeks with a view to abduction.

At the risk of promoting a debate; a petty thief suddenly decides to abduct a child - OK, what then, take her to cash convertors..?
Yes, I think the person intended to take her. You’d have to have some sort of plan of what you’re going to do once you have her. Driving around randomly with a child with no idea of where you are going or what you’re doing, who is going to become extremely difficult, is not really something I can see someone doing. Also the abduction was seamless, which doesn’t suggest impulsive to me.

It's interesting, I'm not sure where he pulled 'at four o'clock in the morning' from but he'd just referred to Cleo as a 'four year old' so it might be repetition but living there, he would be aware that the building/shack right in front of their tent has one side of it covered by CCTV.

Whether he has access I don't know but might he have seen something on the CCTV at 4.00am or told there was by one of the Rangers, did he slip up and repeat something he probably wasn't supposed to?

It has not been stated when the break in occurred, but looking like it was only discovered when they went go home, so while they were away??
I was going off the stalking commentary. For it to be stalking, had to be before they went away.

I don't think that is the caretaker?
Maybe Ch9 got it wrong and he runs the Blowhole Tuckerbox

'Keep an eye out for the blowholes tucker box van !
Review of Carnarvon Blowholes
Reviewed 26 August 2021
We visited in August and the weather was just right, not too hot or windy. Lucky enough to also spot some whales in the area too which was great.
Make sure to try to delicious food from the tucker box van located in the car park.
We shared the fish and chips and must say the freshness and flavour was fab ! our pack included fresh local whiting and mackerel, perfectly cooked and seasoned.
Nice to sit and enjoy while taking in the view.
The van also does good coffee and donuts if you visit in the morning.
Date of experience: August 2021'

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 11.54.37 pm.png

Make sure to try to delicious food from the tucker box van located in the car park.
We shared the fish and chips and must say the freshness and flavour was fab ! our pack included fresh local whiting and mackerel, perfectly cooked and seasoned.

Fish and Chips for Dinner on Friday night for the Smith family?

Maybe an ice cream for desert.

The interaction with police happened days before Cleo went missing. It was mentioned in a couple of articles when she first went missing, with the police declining to comment. Honestly it could have been about anything, but the timing is suspicious.
If it was mentioned by the family/known to police from the beginning, that makes more sense to me, because I couldn’t figure out why it would only be coming to light now. And if it was mentioned earlier then it sounds to me like making the break in out to be potentially evidence of stalking now just because police are searching the house is just media rubbish because if there was any merit the police would have been all over that much sooner.

But either way - whether mentioned or not - I cannot fathom that this is the first time the house has been checked over. More and more it sounds to me like something else has prompted that all of a sudden.

In the case of BRist the authorities bugged the car, the house the everything whilst stating, if I remember BR was not a person of interest. I suspect a similar thing will be happening here.
It would be pretty difficult for ESU to get in and bug that house without being seen in the days following news breaking. And they have to of flown up on VH WPY or VH WPQ. The only flight before today was last Sunday. Way too soon IMO. Besides which, forensics only fingerprinted the perimeter of their house, and didn't go inside. It's quite obvious from police actions that they're not suspecting the parents.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is the shack that had CCTV, that's absolutely incredible. Even if the camera is only on the back of the shack, facing the track behind it, it would still pick up everything. If it's in the front, facing the tent
So someone(s) might have been remotely monitoring this CCTV to get a good look at who was coming, going and staying, in real-time (live), from another location at the blow-holes or somewhere around the Carnarvon area within an hour or so's drive to the Quobba blow holes.

If this is the shack that had CCTV, that's absolutely incredible. Even if the camera is only on the back of the shack, facing the track behind it, it would still pick up everything. If it's in the front, facing the tent, that would be unbelievably lucky.

View attachment 1266584
Great spot. If that’s the one with the CCTV that saw Cleo at the campsite then I assume it can see at least close to where the tent was because given the arrival time and described activities I don’t think she would have been far from the car or tent at any time between arrival and bedtime.

But I would assume it doesn’t show any evidence of anyone abducting Cleo. The CCTV was checked days before they decided on abduction as the primary theory, because they’d announced they had the evidence of her at the campsite. If it had evidence of abduction (someone skulking around even) they’d have moved on to that theory solely much sooner.

Perhaps it doesn’t have night vision capabilities, or acts on a censor and the person didn’t go close enough.

Last edited:
So someone(s) might have been remotely monitoring this CCTV to get a good look at who was coming, going and staying, in real-time (live), from another location at the blow-holes or somewhere around the Carnarvon area within an hour or so's drive to the Quobba blow holes.

He's also got CCTV at the caretaker's cottage which I assume covers all the traffic coming and going on the road.

I can't see any cameras on the perimeter, obviously they haven't shown the left side or the rear side facing the road. If it was me installing it, I'd probably sit it somewhere under that front pergola, either above the entrance door facing outwards, or on the top of the right hand side, facing the door. Given that they used CCTV to establish that Cleo was there, I would have thought it would be the former. Angles are difficult with CCTV.. God knows what it's caught or missed. And of course, the camera could be on the back or the left hand side. Or, the police could have removed the camera altogether, before opening the site back up (not sure why they'd do that though).
Shack Views.png

How easy is it to hack in to a CCTV system?

I can't stop re-watching this caretaker interview. They've got footage of him approaching and unzipping a door which i didn't pick up the first time

In his short interview he states he went searching by himself in an area he knew no one else could access

dis2.PNG
dis3.PNG

Last edited:
About 100 posts ago, someone pointed the finger at the stepdad... (I haven't read the latest 100 posts yet; so what I am about to mention may have already been covered by others?) ...

I watched the full version of the media interview the couple did...

They looked and acted totally innocent and beleaguered, especially the mum...

The stepdad did look heartbroken, but didn't say much...

The only thing the stepdad said (repeatedly) was; if you, (the viewing public) know anything; report it!!!

That either means exactly that ... or "go ahead, make my day - try reporting something ... but you can not be of any use ... because I am the one who really knows the truth about what happened"...

I also watched the latest piece that channel 9 did, posted on the MEDIA thread ... the police are asking for the public's help with cctv footage from a 1000km radius ... motels; fuel stops; rest stops etc etc ...

So I'm thinking that's more like an abduction; rather than a lone opportunistic sex predator - (and that the perp and child (alive) - (ie not in a shallow grave or stuffed in the trunk of the car etc); are travelling together .... so the child is known to perp/friend/relative perhaps?

But the most "concrete" and worrisome piece of news is that some of the campers etc in the area on that fateful Fri/Sat still have not come forward and identified themselves ... for whatever reason - they are avoiding contact with the police ... (and yes, there maybe other reasons that they don't like the police - other than because they are the ones who took her) ....

Also, in the 9 piece; the police stated first: "persons" (plural) then said "person" ...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Another bunch of views of the shack - in all of the footage, they've been very careful not to show under the pergola, and obviously they haven't covered the rear of the shack. One interesting one is the wide photo which shows the larger shed part of the shack with the sliding door open. Obviously police have gone in there, either with or without the owner's permission.

Shack Views 2.png

if WiFi based and open network = very easy
Thanks. I actually wouldn’t put it past a person like that to remotely watch a camp area filled with children, whether for the purpose of abducting one or just as a creep with the abduction idea developing over time. It’s probably not what happened IMO, but I think it’s plausible. It would certainly explain how they came to target Cleo and grab her so brazenly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back