MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no official word from the club or the AFL that we are challenging but the media is reporting it like it is a foregone conclusion - I imagine people from the club are confirming the appeal with reporters off the record.

Probably because everyone can see how ridiculous the decision is and how stupid we would be not to challenge.

I don't know if it's just me noticing more, or just more obvious with the way social media influences the world now... But the sheer glee at an ridiculously fair ball player getting rubbed out for a soft high touch from other fans is absurdity.

Are people so pathetic and sad now that the someone being wronged is cause for celebration?

And then using another crap decision as justification... Just because such and such cops a bad decision doesn't make it right or that everyone should cop it.. Shouldn't we be wanting less bad decisions, not more?

I don't know if it's just me noticing more, or just more obvious with the way social media influences the world now... But the sheer glee at an ridiculously fair ball player getting rubbed out for a soft high touch from other fans is absurdity.

Are people so pathetic and sad now that the someone being wronged is cause for celebration?

And then using another crap decision as justification... Just because such and such cops a bad decision doesn't make it right or that everyone should cop it.. Shouldn't we be wanting less bad decisions, not more?
It is classic tall poppy syndrome. No name players don’t get the same attention.

Ablett is not a dirty player and never has been. I doubt he maliciously raised his arm to hit Shiel in the head.

I think the flow of the rule now is you must protect the woosiest bags in football
I think Dylan Shiel would have been the type of kid that cried when someone cracked a joke about his thunderbird hair.
He winced so many times against the pies that they felt sorry for him
Perhaps Christian has mixed emotions about Gary's silly liking of Folau's post.
Whatever the reason, this has to be next to the Hawkin's touching of God pose with the umpire as two of the worst MRO decisions ever made
If anything, Gary was having Dylan smell his armpit in that tackle, with a brushing for the ages
I hope with his possession riddled game that they wreaked and Dylan cried to mummy all night
All thunderbirds GO at the tribunal tonight
Let the Fester lookalike create havoc against the Roos this weekend (lightglobes in mouth) and armpits ablaze!

Last edited:
Christian's explanation that a raised forearm is intentional

"The guidelines specify a raised forearm is usually consistent with that a strike is intentional,” Christian told reporters on Monday.

View attachment 668837

View attachment 668838

can't like this post enough
clearly illustrates the ridiculousness of the MRO/MRP.

Now if this 'any raising of the elbow is deemed intentional' proclamation is now the gospel from this week onward, there's better be more reports and suspensions for all such acts.
But is the interpretation going to be based on? In play/contest? Resulting in degree of injury only? Angle of elbow to hand or shoulder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now if this 'any raising of the elbow is deemed intentional' proclamation is now the gospel from this week onward, there's better be more reports and suspensions for all such acts.
But is the interpretation going to be based on? In play/contest? Resulting in degree of injury only? Angle of elbow to hand or shoulder?
6 weeks for Murali.

Does one not raise an elbow in the action of marking the ball, tackling, baulking, blind turning, and shooting for goal.
AFL revenue raiser there

The problem with that take is also that it turns into Mason Cox getting a week for that "bump" he had against the Tigers... The one positive this season seems to be that the tribunal are actually using some sort of common sense and overturning plenty of Christians nonsense decisions

The problem with that take is also that it turns into Mason Cox getting a week for that "bump" he had against the Tigers... The one positive this season seems to be that the tribunal are actually using some sort of common sense and overturning plenty of Christians nonsense decisions
Could it be Christians go shitty guideline to work with?

yes
but its so ridiculous to have that, let tribunal sort it out mentality from the MRO himself. it reminds me of the not-my-responsibility volgons in the local bureaucracy of this banana republic I abide in

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back