MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

what everyone always makes the mistake of is thinking that the AFL/MRP/MRO use the same dictionary as the rest of the world. Examples that come to mind without effort - integrity, tanking, intentional

if GA raised his elbow and it made some kind of contact with the head and THAT makes it intentional? ok, then there'd better be a lot more reports for that, for consistency. I honestly couldn't see him 'raise his elbow' as I understand the phrase in Aussie rules. And there's been hundreds of examples of genuine raisings.

I know, but you lot won't win the flag, so it's all about the draft picks then. I'll take our ones.

You guys don’t know what to do with draft picks.

It’s like watching fresh fruit wither and go brown and Molding in a bowl. Don’t have the facilities or money to develop players properly.

Said the one-eyed Geelong supporter. Keep peddling.
Would you like me to dig up all your anti-Geelong posts so others know you're a troll?

How imbecilic types like you can come over here and troll then laugh away back over on your own turf bemuses me.

Christian appears to be a man totally overwhelmed by his job, and consequently has his judgement compromised through a series of blindspots and knee-jerk reactions
Christian should have been replaced a while ago. He's incompetent.

Forget about all that guff, you'll beat us anyway. I'm not here to cause dramas.

I'm just asking you (& others) to look at this in an unbiased manner.

He may very well appeal and get up, but you would have to think Cousins was dudded if that happened.
Don't be ridiculous.

Tell me, were you in rapture at Nat Fyfe's game in round 1? You being a football fan and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks nohairandfair (?) for the link to the Hipwood report. Seeing this makes Gazza's suspension look even more ridiculous than it already was. Geelong must appeal this idiotic decision.

The baseline Christian has created for the MRP has more peaks and valleys than the Himalayas

Christian's explanation that a raised forearm is intentional

"The guidelines specify a raised forearm is usually consistent with that a strike is intentional,” Christian told reporters on Monday.

3d454109dfc54b6aa99895a4f2edbdbc.jpg

giphy (2).gif

I agree!

Is that even a ground for appeal?

On 360 and On the Couch am impeccable record is grounds for a special exemption. 18 seasons and 328 games i think deserves some leeway.

I was at KP for the game Kevin Bartlett got reported in 1982, when he would have been roughly Gazza's age then, and Lynch got reported in the '04 GF when i think almost 36 y/o. He'd be one of the older players to get reported i guess...and Lethal Leigh was almost 36 when Bruns headbutted his elbow in that '85 disgrace of a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back