List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and i'll say it again, I don't give a rats arse if he stays or goes.

I just want him to make up his mind so we can all move on.

What do you think about the fact that Pickering was trying to renegotiate Gary's contract in 2008/2009 and Geelong said no thanks...??? They could have definitely done a renegotiation/extension but didn't want to.

Why should Gary do this just because it suits the Cats even thought it doesn't suit him?

I believe 100% that he has made up his mind, he just hasn't told you (or Frank Costa) yet.

Bullcrap. He told them in 05 that he intended to go back to Melbourne in a couple of years. He then told them before the 06 season that he didn't want the captaincy as he was going to leave.

That isn't even remotely true. In fact it was quite the opposite. I cbf'd finding the quote, but approximately 6 months before he left he conclusively stated to the WA rag that he loved it in Perth and had no intention of leaving.

That isn't even remotely true. In fact it was quite the opposite. I cbf'd finding the quote, but approximately 6 months before he left he conclusively stated to the WA rag that he loved it in Perth and had no intention of leaving.

He sure did. It was as definitive as you could possibly get.

Said with 100% conviction that he wasn't going anywhere.

I heard the Gold Coast Chairman on Sunday Footy Show today. He played the Ablett question with a straight bat. Can't comment about players signed, can't comment about Gary etc... But then kept talking...

And said something about that they "wouldn't say anything until the appropriate time."

I think he let something slip.

The Gold Coast seem to be quietly confident about signing or already having signed Ablett.

I don't think that Geelong have handled this situation well.

Plenty of rumours that Chris Judd was coming back to Melbourne in 2007, yet the Eagles managed to keep a lid on it until three days after their season finished.

To an outsider it appears that Geelong is in a panic that Gary will be at the Gold Coast next year.

But then there are plenty of rumours that suggest they may have good reason to...

I will admit that I thought it sounded like Gary had already signed when listening to the interview.

Juts something about the way he was talking and the whole, "now is not the appropriate time to say something, when the appropriate time comes we will be making lots of comments".

To me it (unfortunately) sounded like he was goooone.

He sure did. It was as definitive as you could possibly get.

Said with 100% conviction that he wasn't going anywhere.

I can't find where he admitted he told the eagles, only that he says he didn't.

"I have known for quite a while, it probably crystallised this year, but in my own mind in 2005, at the end of that year when I sat down, it was going to be unlikely I would stay on after this contract (ending in 2007)," Judd said.

Anyway, it makes no difference to the ablett scenario

I just want him to make up his mind so we can all move on.

I can't believe people still have this attitude...

Ablett can't put up his hand and say he's going while still playing for Geelong. I know this happens in other sports but not AFL. It totally goes against the culture and nature of the game. Do you think that would be best for our club too?

I will admit that I thought it sounded like Gary had already signed when listening to the interview.

Juts something about the way he was talking and the whole, "now is not the appropriate time to say something, when the appropriate time comes we will be making lots of comments".

To me it (unfortunately) sounded like he was goooone.

I think the GC are doing a terrific job keeping a lid on the identities of their signed players...

While Brown, Harbrow, Ablett, Krakouer, Lynch, Petterd and a couple of Lions are the subject of rumour, it would be really hard to not announce their coup of signing Ablett.

Obviously I hope that C Brown hasn't already signed with GC.

If the Gold Coast are hoping to have Ablett as their 'front man' then good luck to them. I've just seen his post match comments for Cats TV and while Gary is a fantastic player he really doesn't have much to say except a couple of worn out cliches.

And at the end of the interview he had to get a plug in for his star text service where you pay to receive text messages from him and other players...what a croc!!!

If the Gold Coast are hoping to have Ablett as their 'front man' then good luck to them. I've just seen his post match comments for Cats TV and while Gary is a fantastic player he really doesn't have much to say except a couple of worn out cliches.

And at the end of the interview he had to get a plug in for his star text service where you pay to receive text messages from him and other players...what a croc!!!

Just like you're talking to stunners on the end of those sex chat lines* and not some fat ugly tip rat that can put on a sexy voice...

*Have never** rung one of those lines.

**I know no-one will believe me.

What do you think about the fact that Pickering was trying to renegotiate Gary's contract in 2008/2009 and Geelong said no thanks...??? They could have definitely done a renegotiation/extension but didn't want to.

Why should Gary do this just because it suits the Cats even thought it doesn't suit him?

I believe 100% that he has made up his mind, he just hasn't told you (or Frank Costa) yet.

Good for you.

I can't believe people still have this attitude...

Ablett can't put up his hand and say he's going while still playing for Geelong. I know this happens in other sports but not AFL. It totally goes against the culture and nature of the game. Do you think that would be best for our club too?

Some would say it's against the culture and nature of the game to go chasing the big bucks too.

And yes, I think it would be good for our club. Haven't you noticed it's giving Bomber the shits? And if it's giving him the shits, i'd say a few of his teammates are in the same boat.

It's not good for Gary if he tells us all he's leaving. But it's a win all round for everyone else.

Even if he came out and said 'Look, i'm headed into my last contract here, theres a stack of money on the table, and it would be foolish of me to dismiss it out of hand. So what i'm going to do is play out the season, see how the team goes, see how i'm feeling, and take a little time to give the matter due consideration when it's all over' i'd feel a whole lot better, and i'm sure a lot of people who are more affected by this issue would too.

The whole thing has left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth to be honest.

Even if he came out and said 'Look, i'm headed into my last contract here, theres a stack of money on the table, and it would be foolish of me to dismiss it out of hand. So what i'm going to do is play out the season, see how the team goes, see how i'm feeling, and take a little time to give the matter due consideration when it's all over' i'd feel a whole lot better, and i'm sure a lot of people who are more affected by this issue would too.

He has though. He wrote an article (in the Hun iirc) a few months back that said almost exactly that.
He signalled then he was going to take all the time he needed (and while he didn't explicitly say 'end of season', I read it as such).

He's probably gone, although there is a slight chance of him staying... but the main thing is that he and the rest of the team concentrate on this current season, and this current round.
And I believe that's exactly what they're doing.

Good for you.

Some would say it's against the culture and nature of the game to go chasing the big bucks too.

And yes, I think it would be good for our club. Haven't you noticed it's giving Bomber the shits? And if it's giving him the shits, i'd say a few of his teammates are in the same boat.

It's not good for Gary if he tells us all he's leaving. But it's a win all round for everyone else.

The whole thing has left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth to be honest.

Oh this x 10. Maybe Im getting too emotional but does anyone else feel that even if he stays theres going to be a little less love in the room for him?, especially if we don't win this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh this x 10. Maybe Im getting too emotional but does anyone else feel that even if he stays theres going to be a little less love in the room for him?, especially if we don't win this year.

if our players were a bunch of schoolgirls, or posters to an internet forum, then yes, they would get all bitchy and pouty and walk around with their hands on their hips, whining about how gary wont tell them what he is doing at the end of the year.

For the record I think Lebron is going to stay with his team - I can only wish that Gary does the same thing.

Ablett playing for the Cavs????

Man now I'm really confused. Does this mean we get 2 first rounders or 1 and Shaq? Jpod can lead and Shaq can have the goal square!!!

Shaq is the goal square!

Yep, they could even try to put Sandilands on him but Shaq would just ragdoll him like he wasn't even there.

Gary is that good with his hands he'd probably made a decent point guard. Lebron playing at CHF would be SCARY. That dude would dominate! Taller than Franklin, stronger than any 3 afl players put together and very quick for his size.

I'd take an Ablett / Lebron swap - also include Shaq for the fun factor. Lets do it.

Yep, they could even try to put Sandilands on him but Shaq would just ragdoll him like he wasn't even there.

Gary is that good with his hands he'd probably made a decent point guard. Lebron playing at CHF would be SCARY. That dude would dominate! Taller than Franklin, stronger than any 3 afl players put together and very quick for his size.

I'd take an Ablett / Lebron swap - also include Shaq for the fun factor. Lets do it.

Unfortunately Lebron may not be able to squeeze in under our Salary Cap!! :D

I'm sure the AFL would have no problems footing that bill under the guise of 'ambassador'. They had no problems doing it for GC and GWS, they'd do the same for us, right?

News just in: AFL to give LeBron James 25 million dollar a year marketing allowance to market the game in the US :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back