List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News just in: AFL to give LeBron James 25 million dollar a year marketing allowance to market the game in the US :D

That might not be enough to snavvle him. At least in just over 24 hours we will know where Lebron will be next season and beyond - unfortunately we have to wait another 3 or so months to find out what Gary is up to..

That might not be enough to snavvle him. At least in just over 24 hours we will know where Lebron will be next season and beyond - unfortunately we have to wait another 3 or so months to find out what Gary is up to..
Well yeah, but Cleveland and NBA fans have had to deal with the LeBron speculation for about 3 years. And I don't think Gaz will hold a 1 hour special on FoxSports to announce his decision.

It must be noted that lebron has also waited till post season.

Well yeah, but Cleveland and NBA fans have had to deal with the LeBron speculation for about 3 years. And I don't think Gaz will hold a 1 hour special on FoxSports to announce his decision.

Yeah, they do things a bit differently over there. At least he is donating the $$ from the network to charity.

I wonder what influence the fact Nathan is struggling to kleep a place on the list has on the decision? You'd reckon the potential to be playing with his brother again would be a factor and the fact it isn't clear if he will be maintained or not could be a big reason why there is no decision yet.

Lebron is one of the biggest drama queens in sport. Wade on the other hand shows more respect and is more down to earth. By the way..... welcome to Miami Chris Bosh!!!!!!

Lebron is one of the biggest drama queens in sport. Wade on the other hand shows more respect and is more down to earth. By the way..... welcome to Miami Chris Bosh!!!!!!

The late mail is Lebron signing with the Heat. Would be bloody awesome to have Wade, Lebron and Bosh.

Did you see the interview with Bosh after signing with Miami? Hes attitude is no different to most players in the NBA. Have a listen at http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba/index.html

This thread may have to be moved to the Basketball Board. ;)

Yeah, but he had no choice because under the NBA rules he wasn't allowed to do anything (or announce anything) until now.

Even if he re-signs with the same club?

Gary and the GC are not allowed to announce if he is going there I believe until after the season (I may be wrong though).

Even if he re-signs with the same club?

Gary and the GC are not allowed to announce if he is going there I believe until after the season (I may be wrong though).

To be honest I'm not sure if he could announce that he was staying if he was. Of all the free agents I can't recall if any of them said anything before 1st July.

Might as well talk about Lebron, Wade etc - there's gunna be nothing announced about the Ablett situation for a while yet.

lebronze is a douche...and staying in cleveland. his homeboyz run this thing and they stand to lose big time if he leaves the cavs.

how bout this letter to the sports guy mailbag (espn's simmons) way back in november:

Q: You know how when top recruits in basketball or football make their college decision, they often call a press conference and put the three hats of the schools that made the final three in front of them ... then pick up the hat of the school of choice and put it on? What if LeBron announces he will pick his 2010-11 team live on ABC on a certain date for a show called "LeBron's Choice?" What type of crazy ratings would that get?
-- Drew, Columbus, Ohio

SG: "LeBron's Choice" sounds too much like a Lifetime movie -- like, he became the first NBA player to make himself pregnant and now he can't decide whether to give up the baby for adoption or not. I'd go with something more newsy, like "Decision 2010: LeBron's Verdict" or "The LeBron Sweepstakes." Actually, it might make more sense to make this a six-episode show, along the lines of "The Bachelor" -- maybe "The LeBrachelor"? -- in which he'd start out with 29 GMs, then narrow them down to eight, then six, then four, then three, then two, then one.
Regardless, you're right -- this should be a televised event. If LeBron were smart, he would market the event through his company, sell the rights to a network and reveal his choice on that show. We know what the offers will be. (New York, Miami, Chicago, Memphis, New Jersey, the Clips and the Zombie Sonics can offer the max. Cleveland could offer the max plus an extra year. Nobody else could offer as much.) It's a cut-and-dry thing. So why not? He could even make it pay-per-view. If people were willing to pay $44.99 for a UFC 106 card headlined by Jenna Jameson's washed-up husband fighting a guy who hadn't won in two years, I'm pretty sure they'll pony up $44.99 for "Decision 2010: LeBron's Verdict."

and poor chris bosh, he will become a handsomely paid mannequin watching the human iso machine dribble it for 22 of 24 seconds.

if our players were a bunch of schoolgirls, or posters to an internet forum, then yes, they would get all bitchy and pouty and walk around with their hands on their hips, whining about how gary wont tell them what he is doing at the end of the year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by corio bay; 6 Jul 2010 at 17:31. Reason: i really need to stay away from this thread - its a circular mind bomb

But if you had stayed away how would I have been so convincingly swayed to change my opinion!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isolation plays where the players are 1-1....dwayne wade is a big fan of dribbling for 20 seconds and then iso'ing his opponent.
Don't forget the only time he passes is when he is halfway through a jumpshot and realises he can't get it off. Set the record for most off-balance wayward passes this year.

Don't forget the only time he passes is when he is halfway through a jumpshot and realises he can't get it off. Set the record for most off-balance wayward passes this year.

hahahahaha....i was going to post that as well.

im sure i read an article on espn that he is no.1 in minutes handling the ball.

No depth though, no centre.

Heat are screwed if they lose a good player or two.

Yeah I know, it will be interesting to watch how it pans out this season. Miami wont have any trouble getting bums on seats though.

Hmm do you think there will be an hour long show on foxsports for Gaz's decision?

LOL, it would rate through the roof on Free to Air. Its a good idea though, he could sell the rights for a million bucks to make up for the extra cash we would lose by not signing with the Gold Coast.

i wonder if costa will pen a similar letter of gary left:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Yeah I know, it will be interesting to watch how it pans out this season. Miami wont have any trouble getting bums on seats though.

a friend of mine is a hoops tragic and these are his thoughts (beasley already dealt to the clueless kahn/rambis combo):

dudes who miami could likely sign on minimum-wage deals:
matt barnes
matt bonner
al harrington
luke ridnour
james singleton
ronnie brewer
brad miller
oleksiy pecherov
josh boone
ben wallace
kurt thomas
etan thomas
brian skinner
aaron gray
anthony tolliver
rasho
nate-bob
earl watson
eddie house
jason williams
travis diener
luther head
ime udoka
roger mason jr

anyone who thinks they can't get a decent eight-man rotation out of chalmers, wade, james, bosh + 4 other guys (beasley will clearly be dealt) is clinging to faint hopes.

Geez Dazza, Dan Gilbert has had big crack at Lebron. Could you imagine if a president wrote that about an AFL player leaving. That is insane!

Yeah I'm confident Miami can get some rotation players to play with Wade, Bosh and Lebron. I'm sure there will be some decent free agents that are prepared to play on minimum wage to have a crack at Championship with these guys.

It's interesting to note that in that letter he doesn't refer to Lebron in name once. He's pretty peeved off and everyone connected to the Cavs are as mad as cut snakes at the minute.

lebron-u-mad-Dan-Gilbert-U-MAD.jpg

Just back to Gazza for a minute, I see that the u16's in SA won the title. It maybe be significant outcome especially if there are a couple of standout kids from SA that will be hitting the draft 2012/2013. Port or Crows maybe be more willing to take the picks we would get if we lost Gazza if they know they will be rebuilding and there a top SA kids in the pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back