Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

They've done it. Allies are national champions!

Anyone have the stats from our academy boys? I know Walter kicked two goals but he did so much more than just that. Arguably took the mark that won them the game and laid a crucial smother in the last minute or so.

Sanders is awesome. Great decision maker and get out of contests despite not being overly quick. Reckon he probably is the best pure mid
It's more the long socks up. My kid does the same thing when he plays. So easy to pick them out on the field. Who needs bleached blonde hair to get attention when you just need to pull your socks up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, just finished watching the match and stoked about result, especially the development up north.

On the three GC kids:

Rogers - silky and extremely evasive. Watching him evade in the centre and hit targets was amazing. Honestly if he was 6 inches taller would be touted in top five.

Read - actually my favourity out of your academy boys. Can read the play exceptionally well amd is veraatile enough to play ruck or KPD. Long term, see him as A CHF.

Walters - bit of a coulda, woulda game where he could have havd 4-5 goals. Great defensive game sense for a KPF and able to ceash packs at will. Honestly, No 1 pick for me overall.

I'm more a Colonel Sanders man myself but both are jets
Sanders is awesome. Great decision maker and get out of contests despite not being overly quick. Reckon he probably is the best pure mid
North and Clarko are going to be filthy that they will lose access to Sanders due to the NGA rules dictating that they can't match a bid on him inside the top 40. He is of indigenous heritage and therefore would have been eligible for North's NGA being from Tassie but there's no way he gets past the first round. I guess it's possible North could draft him with their pick 2, which will become 3 after a Walter bid, but I don't think he's that highly rated. Not yet anyway.

Still amazes me how consistently Read finds 20+ disposals for a guy standing at 202cm.
Special talent. Started the year rated outside the top 30 and looks like a top 5 pick right now.

I suspect we'll see him lining up for our VFL team in the next few weeks. Hopefully he gets an opportunity to rotate through the ruck, forward and back lines. Then we'll get a good understanding of how ready he is for AFL footy next year.

2023 Pool B MVP / Alan McLean Medalist
Beau Addinsall | Midfielder/Forward | 179cm | Broadbeach Cats

There’s plenty of talk about the current Suns Academy crop and there may well be another prospect with serious star power in Gold Coast’s midst. Addinsall took out the Alan McLean Medal as Pool B MVP for his dynamic work from midfield. Not only did he find plenty of the ball, but consistently impacted the scoreboard and played in a way which was fitting for a talent showcase. He brought flair, attacking intent and dare to each contest, with his best outing yielding 24 disposals and five goals in game two against Tasmania – at Heritage Bank Stadium, no less.

Nice work :thumbsu: How long does it take you to compile a video?
Depends on a few factors. Recording the footage takes as long as the game takes. If I'm editing for one player or two players in a single pass (I can't do more than two at a time, it gives me a headache). How many interactions they have with the play. That kind of stuff.

If we're just talking about editing and not recording footage, it takes between 1 hour to 3 hours depending on those variables.

Remove this Banner Ad

Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back