News Adam Cerra nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how should pick 6 be used.

There’s uncertainty going to the draft.

At least Cerra has runs on the board and was really breaking out this season.

Pick6 alone is good trade value.

He is an average midfielder in the MOST common position in AFL with more players coming through in that area than anywhere else.

Here is a list of the TOP TEN for the last ten years from 2018 - there is honestly BARELY a miss in that list (outside of Carlton terrible performance).

At a quick glance we are looking at around 70-80% chance of getting a seriously good player.

He is an average midfielder in the MOST common position in AFL with more players coming through in that area than anywhere else.

Here is a list of the TOP TEN for the last ten years from 2018 - there is honestly BARELY a miss in that list (outside of Carlton terrible performance).

At a quick glance we are looking at around 70-80% chance of getting a seriously good player.

Seen you role out this last time, claiming a guaranteed AA with a pick in the top 6

Shall we look at the percentages together?

Insults

Imsults

Insults

This is indiscipherable.

You seem agitated? Are you ok? Perhaps if you clearly articulated your points instead of the sky is falling stuff, you may be able to have a reasonable exchange.

I get it, you are still pissy we spent Pick 8 on Saad, which in actual fact we didn't ...

The Saad deal involves Essendon trading the 26-year-old and picks 48 and 78 to the Blues, in exchange for picks eight and 87.

Below is the draft points table, I am not going to do the math for you, but the trade does NOT end up at pick 8 ;) I assume you can do basic maths?

1632916363881.png

Right now I would place Cuningham and Kemp ahead of him - he is an "upgrade" on Newnes.

You rate Cuningham, who averages 12.9 possessions a game, over 6 seasons, ahead of Cerra, who has a top 3 B&F finish in his 3rd year?

Im interested in how this trade reminds you f the Setterfield one? When we recruited Setters, he’d played 2 AFL games.

Ok we will do this one then ...

Cerra and Petracca same age ...
Adam Cerra and Christian Petracca AFL Stats Comparison (footywire.com)

The point about Petracca mate is that he is an inside player whose disposals are critically impacting - hard balls, contested balls etc - Petracca could have half the stats and be more valuable.

This is the point - the very NEXUS of what is being said - Cerra's stats and playing style is an outside easy running high possession player. They are absolutely NOT VALUABLE and certainly not for pick 6 - its ludicrous.

We have been crucified for our recent decisions to pay massively for back flankers - and now we are looking at soft outside receivers - its just a massive WOW.

The point about Petracca mate is that he is an inside player whose disposals are critically impacting - hard balls, contested balls etc - Petracca could have half the stats and be more valuable.

This is the point - the very NEXUS of what is being said - Cerra's stats and playing style is an outside easy running high possession player. They are absolutely NOT VALUABLE and certainly not for pick 6 - its ludicrous.

We have been crucified for our recent decisions to pay massively for back flankers - and now we are looking at soft outside receivers - its just a massive WOW.

So why did you bring Pretracca up then ... Might as well have tossed in Tony Locket for shits n giggles into the equation.

You rate Cuningham, who averages 12.9 possessions a game, over 6 seasons, ahead of Cerra, who has a top 3 B&F finish in his 3rd year?

Im interested in how this trade reminds you f the Setterfield one? When we recruited Setters, he’d played 2 AFL games.

I was referencing all our recent trades - which have been absolute disasters - seriously bad. You have selectively highlighted something and missed the point being made.

I can see Cuninghams contributions - they are highly impactful and have a great contribution again - Cerra is racking up cheap easy outside possessions.

Thats my gripe. We don't need to pay a high price for that style of player.

Again - we are going to get reamed.

Most of us a happy with this news, I’m not sure we really appreciate what we have here. It’s pretty rare that an under 22 midfielder in the top three or four in his age group and position leaves a club and we just got that kid. Is he elite yet maybe not but doesn’t look far off and as some have stated is the exact piece of the puzzle we need. Ability to spread from the centre clearance and deliver a nice ball to a target inside 50. It’s how we get destroyed every week and we don’t have that. He has agility, starting to rack up the numbers, always seems to have space and knows where to run. He is still 21 this is an amazing coup for us. It’s the midfielder we wanted Williams to be and now we have that plus an a grade running defender we now don’t have to feel pressured into turning into a midfielder. I’m feeling really chuffed by this. Pick 6 with a late pick or something, every day of the week.

Cerra is worth pick 6 (will become 8). I can understand maybe debating what is added beyond that if thats where the deal goes, but he is going to be a fine player for us. Turns 22 next week and is an investment for the next 10 years, not just the short term. I’m going to be rapt once we get it done.

Also we have planned to use our salary cap in a certain way during this time frame to bring in such players to finish the list off. We are sticking to the plan. Back the plan in. Yes that includes backing Williams, Saad and Martin in too alongside Hewett and Cerra. You have Stocker, Carroll and also Cuningham on return to still add to that midfield as options too. An 18 year old midfielder, unless it was a blue chip certified mid, isn’t a worry considering we are getting 2 mids in the age bracket we need that will add to the collective we already have.

WE DONT NEED MORE INSIDE BULLS.

We need another high quality OUTSIDE winger ala GAFF! On the other side of Walshy ...

You are the one that bought the Petracca / Cerra comparison in ... not me.

Oh btw ... Cerra probably could play at HB now you mention it ... doubt it, but certainly could ;)

Going back 10 drafts from 2018, 12 players have been AA that were taken in the first 6 picks, 20%. Players taken at pick 6, 2 made AA, 3.33%

Guaranteed we get an AA? Please

To highlight how bad he is. Its not an easy concept - I said - he aint no Petracca - how you can't understand that is beyond me.

They play completely different positions ... I don't understand how you cannot see that ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s Pick 6 OR Pick 6 and a bit extra we will be stoked.

We are copping one of the competitions best young stars as he’s about to enter his prime.

Our midfield all of a sudden looks pretty decent, factoring in Hewett coming on board and in anticipation of some further growth in guys like Dow, Stocker and Kennedy - assuming Stock gets back into his natural role as a stoppage mid.

Off season hasn’t started and we’ve made plenty of great moves already.

Love to see it.

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing. May well end up being a decent player - but so far is captain average outside soft running receiver who doesn't like it rough.

Not saying he isn't young, or there isn't up side - of course there is - but WOW - talk about massively overrated on here.
Thought
They play completely different positions ... I don't understand how you cannot see that ...
Good luck with this noble pursuit. Bit like banging your head against the wall continually. Little good will come from it.

They are both midfielders mate.

You are familiar with AFL positions yes?

Centre line : A B C
Foll line : D E F

Yes all centremen are the same! All do the same roles ... Ruck is same as Wing is same as clearance man ... yip got it ;)

it’s funny the AFL trade system. Players out of contract don’t seem to lose value, and if you nominate a club that club gets bent over (see Saad deal). I really don’t understand why the threat of the National draft isn’t used (when in a position to do so). Last year I kept on hearing Austin doesn’t want to be a Silvagni and a known pain to deal with trading - but don’t be the easy beat.

I’d say the past can’t be used as an indicator of the future.

We could look back in 5yrs time and pick 6 could be phenomenal. On the other hand, it could be an absolute bust. We just don’t know.

At least the quantity is known here and we’re going to (injuries pending) get a slick 25 possie midfielder for the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back