News Adam Cerra nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... Silvagni got pick 7 for GWS in 2014... they drafted Paul Ahern, who suffed two ACLs and never played for them. GWS traded him to North Melbourne in 2016 in exchange for pick 69. In that same period, GWS sent pick 69, 51, and one Patrick McKenna to Melbourne, and received... picks 57 and 59, neither of which they used.

So, pursued to its illogical conclusion, we fleeced GWS of Jaksch, Whiley and the pick that netted the... mercurial... Boekhorst, and I think it would be fair to say we squeezed every drop of... talent... out of those players.

GWS got nothing. We won by a mile :cool:.

So, Cerra. What could possibly go wrong?
Cos SOS should have known he was going to do 2 ACL's . Was traded to North and did show something but it didn't work out due to injuries

can you please tell me what cerra has done for us to give up pick 6 and maybe pick 25 i just do not get it

Let's see

Ranked 68th for average disposals, only 3 players ahead of him that are younger, Walsh, Brayshaw, Smith, reasonable players?

Averaged more inside 50's and goal assists than the above, more contested possessions than Smith, more clearances than Brayshaw and Smith

That’s fine to think that but for the other poster to say Cerra is behind Kemp (who’s played 2 games) and Cunners (41 games in 6 years) is utter nonsense.

Show me some footage of Cerra which rates him so highly - heres some of Cuninghams from last couple of season which obliterates Cerras soft outside receives, dinky SPS kicks (GREAT JUST WHAT WE NEED) and slow running.

And on Brodie - are you kidding - the guy has played 2 games and shown more - seriously take a look at Cerra's highlights - couldn't find a more vanilla package if you gave me a melted eskimo pie

Was playing like this in the reserves all year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's see

Ranked 68th for average disposals, only 3 players ahead of him that are younger, Walsh, Brayshaw, Smith, reasonable players?

Averaged more inside 50's and goal assists than the above, more contested possessions than Smith, more clearances than Brayshaw and Smith
could you imagine the furore - that's right "furore" - if he went to another club and proceeded to tear it up? the temple of should would actually expode with the amount of worshippers crammed inside................

can you please tell me what cerra has done for us to give up pick 6 and maybe pick 25 i just do not get it

Absolutely nothing. May well end up being a decent player - but so far is captain average outside soft running receiver who doesn't like it rough.

Not saying he isn't young, or there isn't up side - of course there is - but WOW - talk about massively overrated on here.

It’s not set in stone that we are giving up Pick 6 and 25 for Cerra. I’d imagine we’d at least get a late second round pick or early third round pick back from Freo.
Our midfield in 2021 is very weak, so as a 21 year old up and coming midfielder, Cerra will help address that immediately from 2022 for next 10 years.
Having seen Cerra play well at AFL level for the last 4 years I’d rather us go with a relatively know quantity than an unknown 17 year old junior who hasn’t played much junior football over the last 2years and will likely need 3-4 years before we know if he’s any good.

Last edited:
This acquisition is huge. With Hewett and Cerra, it enables us to keep williams where he is at his damaging best

People were gutted at the price paid for Saad - now we are paying MORE for someone with no where near the impact of Saad.

Lets hope he develops into the next Petracca.

Show me some footage of Cerra which rates him so highly - heres some of Cuninghams from last couple of season which obliterates Cerras soft outside receives, dinky SPS kicks (GREAT JUST WHAT WE NEED) and slow running.

And on Brodie - are you kidding - the guy has played 2 games and shown more - seriously take a look at Cerra's highlights - couldn't find a more vanilla package if you gave me a melted eskimo pie

Was playing like this in the reserves all year as well.

Sorry you are right and I am wrong, I just needed that highlights package of Kemp tearing it up in a game our reserves side lost by almost 100 points against the Box Hill Hawks to make me come to my senses and realise that Cerra’s third place finish in the Dockers 2020 BnF was fools gold.
The defence rests your honour!

People talk about how Cerra doesn't miss targets but only goes at 68% disposal efficiency despite only getting 35% contested possessions.
They also talk about him being a 2 way runner but he wasn't in the top 5 runners in any game this year so generally he is running less than 13 kms a game. Even Dow managed to do this in 1 game.

I just worry that he isn't that hard finals style footballer.
Ok… we should let him go to Norf or Hawks…

Sorry you are right and I am wrong, I just needed that highlights package of Kemp tearing it up in game our reserves side lost by almost 100 points against the Box Hill Hawks to make me come to my senses and realise that Cerra’s third place finish in the Dockers 2020 BnF was fools gold.
The defence rests your honour!

What does the outcome of the game have to do with anything - its a players highlights we are looking at.

Interesting place to rest , you've completely lost the case.

The talk on this forum goes from insane to outright ludicrous.

Cerra hasn't done much - at all. He has been getting primarily lose outside receives - posters in here talking him up as though he were Judd.

He has UPSIDE which is great - but so far he hasn't done much - please don't post his "last 4 games".

Right now I would place Cuningham and Kemp ahead of him - he is an "upgrade" on Newnes.

Cool your jets - this trade reminds me very much of Setterfield.

Frustrating the way supporters get so carried away - Saad, Martin, Williams, McGovern, Kennedy - I really don't rate him higher as a prospect than any of these except maybe Kennedy. Who Cerra wouldn't replace.

Every season we absolutely lose our collective minds over some player - who comes in and deflates the entire supporter base.

If someone has some other highlights which show him being "best recruit since Judd" - then great.
Tell that to Freo. They seems pretty upset…

I think they’d rather keep him and, if reports are accurate, we’re willing to pay a lot to keep his services.

Easily walk up as our third, even second best mid.

No, just don't hand over pick 6 - I thought we would have learned after Saad - but no, here we are again.
So how should pick 6 be used.

There’s uncertainty going to the draft.

At least Cerra has runs on the board and was really breaking out this season.

Pick6 alone is good trade value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back