Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

SPS is worth nothing. It should be pinned at the top of this thread it has been stated often enough.

No way do we send a pick back for 6 + a future 2nd. I would be disappointed with that return for Cerra.
I had pick 6 and a future 2nd or 2nd to Carlton for Cerra, but can see SPS being put in and i think likely. SPS is worth a 3rd rounder.

SPS is worth nothing. It should be pinned at the top of this thread it has been stated often enough.

No way do we send a pick back for 6 + a future 2nd. I would be disappointed with that return for Cerra.
I would be disappointed if we didn't get a return as well. I think pick 6 is a very fair price, plus an upgraded 2nd and a very talented footballer.
Freo supporters have a weird dislike for Carlton, which is cool, but please recognise it has influenced your demands.

I had pick 6 and a future 2nd or 2nd to Carlton for Cerra, but can see SPS being put in and i think likely. SPS is worth a 3rd rounder.

You honestly think Cerra is worth pick 8 (it's not 6) with a 2nd rounder going back?

That surprises me.

What makes you think SPS is worth a 3rd rounder in this deal? He wasn't even in the Blues B22 last round and they had 15 players out injured. That's how much Carlton value him.

I would be disappointed if we didn't get a return as well. I think pick 6 is a very fair price, plus an upgraded 2nd and a very talented footballer.
Freo supporters have a weird dislike for Carlton, which is cool, but please recognise it has influenced your demands.

Not sure if you are referring to me in particular regarding this supposed dislike of Carlton. I put your club in the same basket as the other clubs, Carlton are definitely not special.

Fremantle are making noises in the media that pick 6 is the starting point.

I highly doubt your thoughts on it are even close.

SPS is so talented you don't even have him in your B22....

You honestly think Cerra is worth pick 8 (it's not 6) with a 2nd rounder going back?

That surprises me.

What makes you think SPS is worth a 3rd rounder in this deal? He wasn't even in the Blues B22 last round and they had 15 players out injured. That's how much Carlton value him.
i didn't say a 2nd in return. I think that could happen if SPS is put in as i think his talent levels are high enough and there's enough upside to label him as a 2nd/3rd round talent, just never get's played in the right position and most times he does he performs. He doesn't have the hunger tho (defensively).

I had Pick 6 (It is pick 6) and a 2nd to Freo for Cerra straight.

That surprises me.

I'm not arguing you just give us a second rounder. I'm saying you would potentially upgrade your second round pick by swapping with Carlton.

I mean Carlton are the worst side ever if you read Big Footy. Surely Freo can finish above us...right?

i didn't say a 2nd in return. I think that could happen if SPS is put in as i think his talent levels are high enough and there's enough upside to label him as a 2nd/3rd round talent, just never get's played in the right position and most times he does he performs. He doesn't have the hunger tho (defensively).

I had Pick 6 (It is pick 6) and a 2nd to Freo for Cerra straight.

Got it, apologies. I think that is the minimum most from a FFC would expect. SPS would be a Blake Acres style addition to any deal and I know I am sick of those type players in our side.

We are way too mediocre to keep bringing in those types.

I'm not arguing you just give us a second rounder. I'm saying you would potentially upgrade your second round pick by swapping with Carlton.

I mean Carlton are the worst side ever if you read Big Footy. Surely Freo can finish above us...right?

I don't see the value in giving a 2nd rounder back, even if the club backed themselves to finish above Carlton which I wouldn't. Freo are a basket case.

There is no case for a 2nd rounder back.

That surprises me.

Not sure if you are referring to me in particular regarding this supposed dislike of Carlton. I put your club in the same basket as the other clubs, Carlton are definitely not special.

Fremantle are making noises in the media that pick 6 is the starting point.

I highly doubt your thoughts on it are even close.

SPS is so talented you don't even have him in your B22....
I highly doubt your thoughts are close either. I mean I'm reading Freo fans demanding two first rounders. He's uncontracted. You'll get a very good deal but you're not getting kings ransom.

I highly doubt your thoughts are close either. I mean I'm reading Freo fans demanding two first rounders. He's uncontracted. You'll get a very good deal but you're not getting kings ransom.

Sure, there are plenty of unreasonable discussion points. I haven't raised 2 first rounders however I think the whole uncontacted detail is null and void as we have seen with Tim Kelly, Jake Lever, Adam Treloar, Dylan Shiel etc.

A deal will be done one club may feel like they overpaid at the time and later be vindicated.

I don't think a Kings Ransom is off the table but I'm not expecting it. Carlton's first this year (pick 8) and their 2nd with a future 4th going back would make me satisfied with the trade, I highly doubt it will be that simple.

Look one thing is certain Kings Ransom is off the table. Adam Cerra is not Wayne Gretzky.

Sure, but strange things happen. We got pick 2 for Lachie ****ing Weller.

A broken Jaeger O'Meara went for a Kings Ransom as did Tim Kelly. As I said, I'm not expecting it as a supporter but I doubt any of us are correct with what it will end up being.

These things are never straight forward.

Sure, but strange things happen. We got pick 2 for Lachie ******* Weller.

A broken Jaeger O'Meara went for a Kings Ransom as did Tim Kelly. As I said, I'm not expecting it as a supporter but I doubt any of us are correct with what it will end up being.

These things are never straight forward.
GC got Pick 10 and 24 I think for O'Meara. Cerra probably demands the same and it's not a Kings Ransom.

Hawks overpaid on the trades (and made bad decisions) on the lead up to the GC deal, but the final price was fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus christ. We're getting reamed in this trade.
Pick 6, 18, 24 and Dow for Cerra and a second round pick....
To be fair, he showed it poorly, its 6, 24, and Dow for Cerra and a F2.

I'd argue if you wanted to let Dow go he'd be worth less than a F2 all things considered and I've said 6 and 24 is probably overs for Cerra.

Carlton supporters would obviously rather not throw Dow away given he showed a bit finally this year and your better off keeping him and hoping that continues next year

Really? Thought they gave up a heap of picks to get him. My other examples stand.
We did but GC didn't get them. They wouldn't accept our future 1st (ended up as pick 7) so we traded it along with some seconds to the saints for pick 10. They demand a top 10 pick

That was the bad deal in that cost the hawks but it was unrelated to O'Meara trade value.

Jesus christ. We're getting reamed in this trade.
Pick 6, 18, 24 and Dow for Cerra and a second round pick....
The poster hasn't summarised the trades particularly well - it is actually:

Pick #6, #24* & Dow for Cerra & Freo's future second round pick. (* it's actually pick #25)

The pick #18 is a transitory hold, not your own starting pick.

The poster hasn't summarised the trades particularly well - it is actually:

Pick #6, #24* & Dow for Cerra & Freo's future second round pick. (* it's actually pick #25)

The pick #18 is a transitory hold, not your own starting pick.
Not sure I'm prepared to give Dow up for that. It'd be selling low for a guy who showed some promise and will likely improve. At the moment he isn't worth much. In two years that could be a different story

Not sure I'm prepared to give Dow up for that. It'd be selling low for a guy who showed some promise and will likely improve. At the moment he isn't worth much. In two years that could be a different story
The converse to Freo fans' perception of SPS?

I'm neutral, some existing biases for/against clubs/players, but broadly my view would be where Paddy Dow's performance currently stands, it seems reasonable. But agree, if you rate Dow more highly, then it appears you're losing out. Probably a similar view that Freo fans might have on Cerra given some of the lowish hypotheticals.

Like I've already said we paid overs for Pick 10 not O'Meara.

To save yourself digging around the interwebs just ask me and I'll fill you in I'm not pulling anyones leg here.....

GC demanded a top 10 pick and a second, that's what they got.

On the other side we overpaid for pick 10, received unders for Brad Hill and Lewis and offloaded Mitchell for other reasons. Disaster of a trade period.

Like I've already said we paid overs for Pick 10 not O'Meara.

To save yourself digging around the interwebs just ask me and I'll fill you in I'm not pulling anyones leg here.....

GC demanded a top 10 pick and a second, that's what they got.

On the other side we overpaid for pick 10, received unders for Brad Hill and Lewis and offloaded Mitchell for other reasons. Disaster of a trade period.

So you have up your entire draft hand for Jaeger O'Meara, Brad Hill, Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis to be able to access pick 10?

Like...... I understand you technically didn't do that for Jaeger O'Meara but if you only did that to get pick 10 you did.

Sorry, just seems like some mental gymnastics to me. Not sure it really refutes the point I had about our of contract players receiving significant compensation despite being out of contract.

Yeti I'll put it this way, what if Carlton trade pick 6 for 15 & 18, offer 15, 25 and a future 2nd, Freo say no and demand a top 7 pick and a second. Carlton then trade 15, 25, future 2nd, Dow and Fisher for 7 and 28. Then on trade that to Freo.

Would that be a Kings Ransom in your eyes?

Yeti I'll put it this way, what if Carlton trade pick 6 for 15 & 18, offer 15, 25 and a future 2nd, Freo say no and demand a top 7 pick and a second. Carlton then trade 15, 25, future 2nd, Dow and Fisher for 7 and 28. Then on trade that to Freo.

Would that be a Kings Ransom in your eyes?

That's a nice way of putting it. Probably not with that scenario. But I don't believe that my original point has been refuted, would you agree?

SPS gets dropped after having 14 possessions. 11 most for the team that day. Mainly up forward.

Plays in the reserves the following week in the MIDFIELD and is BOG. No other reserves games because of covid from then on.

Teague then decides to give games to Durdin, Newman, Newnes, O'Brien, Betts, McGovern, Fogarty, Owies, Cottrell and Honey over him.

Why hasn't Teague been sacked yet?

If we had a decent coach who plays him in the midfield, his name wouldn't be mentioned in any trades. Anyone with half a brain would have him clearly in our best 22. The coach doesn't like him for one reason or another and he doesn't get a game. Maybe he told Teague he's a shit coach and he should play him in the midfield because that's why they recruited him.

People can have their own opinions, but that is an opinion from a Carlton supporter who watches us play rubbish footy week in, week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back