Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, we tried to get him a couple of years ago but what’s he worth now? He’s an eh wing where Langdon is on the other wing with twice the output and he was worth a decent 2nd round pick. So if Gus was worth a 2nd round pick (where your taking a gambled he’s still the on ball player he was before) and we got Melbourne’s future 1st as well, is that enough? Feels a bit yuck…

It’s getting there but no, not enough at all. That would put Freo in a tough position.

Yeah, we tried to get him a couple of years ago but what’s he worth now? He’s an eh wing where Langdon is on the other wing with twice the output and he was worth a decent 2nd round pick. So if Gus was worth a 2nd round pick (where your taking a gambled he’s still the on ball player he was before) and we got Melbourne’s future 1st as well, is that enough? Feels a bit yuck…

Melbourne seems like the perfect fit for Cerra with his skills but they just don't have the ability to get the deal done IMO.

There needs to be something in place to stop players coming back to Victoria. All it’s doing is strengthening Victoria clubs. West Coast don’t seem to lose players that much, or am I imagining that?
Freo's loss of Vic players is massively overblown if looked at closely. It's not the issue some think. We've held and hold some great Vic players. One is going out for his 354th this weekend. We've lost some, sure, but no more than any club loses players.

You will be compensated well for Cerra whether it is Carlton or someone else. I wouldn’t be too worried. Clubs are better than that nowadays, with a greater understanding that players > picks.

you will ream us and enjoy it too. I know you and La Dispute will. Regardless if its with a purple dildo or not, Carlton will ream us iin this trade lol

Interesting that Fremantle have cleared a lot of list spots. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Pick 6?? SPS?? Paddy Dow??? Jack Silvagni????

Freo's loss of Vic players is massively overblown if looked at closely. It's not the issue some think. We've held and hold some great Vic players. One is going out for his 354th this weekend. We've lost some, sure, but no more than any club loses players.

Andrew Embley was fumbling through this on the radio this arvo. They even played a sound bite from Peter Bell. It's definitely an issue that players have wanted to leave, but Lachie Neale is from SA and moved to the Lions and Brad Hill is from WA and requested a trade to the Saints after previously leaving the Hawks to join Freo. Chris Mayne is from WA and left as a free agent because he was 28 and got a good deal. There's been some talk of Rory Lobb wanting to leave but he is in the same boat as Brad Hill.

Ed Langdon and Lachie Weller are the only ones who are comparable to Cerra, and if the latter was from anywhere other than Gold Coast there's no way he would've got a fat contract or that Freo would've been offered pick 2 (Brayshaw, win) in a trade.

Andrew Embley was fumbling through this on the radio this arvo. They even played a sound bite from Peter Bell. It's definitely an issue that players have wanted to leave, but Lachie Neale is from SA and moved to the Lions and Brad Hill is from WA and requested a trade to the Saints after previously leaving the Hawks to join Freo. Chris Mayne is from WA and left as a free agent because he was 28 and got a good deal. There's been some talk of Rory Lobb wanting to leave but he is in the same boat as Brad Hill.

Ed Langdon and Lachie Weller are the only ones who are comparable to Cerra, and if the latter was from anywhere other than Gold Coast there's no way he would've got a fat contract or that Freo would've been offered pick 2 (Brayshaw, win) in a trade.
Vic kids leaving Freo for Vic is actually quite rare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra for Carltons first. Or this that not Bigfooty dramatic enough?

That actually doesnt feel like enough.

A b.22 player who has finished top 5 in our best and fairest, whom has done their apprenticeship

Hes also exceptionally structually important to us ( was lined up to replace Mundy).

Vs starting all over again

Freo actually needs KPF (of which Ive been so big on us seeking one of their B.22 KPF like Mckay, Curnow et al) rather than a Pick 8 whom we would need to develop all over again.

Does SPS have attitude problems? Is that why he’s not being played?
He requested to be dropped to the VFL to work on his midfield craft after losing confidence as a half back and frankly going from one of the fans most loved players to most hated. Teague didn't want him in the midfield while Kennedy Dow and Cripps were playing in there as they lack defensive spread and told him he's a half back for him so he went to the board and was dropped to the VFL to play mid minutes ever since.

That actually doesnt feel like enough.

A b.22 player who has finished top 5 in our best and fairest, whom has done their apprenticeship

Hes also exceptionally structually important to us ( was lined up to replace Mundy).

Vs starting all over again

Freo actually needs KPF (of which Ive been so big on us seeking one of their B.22 KPF like Mckay, Curnow et al) rather than a Pick 8 whom we would need to develop all over again.

Mckay!!! you giving us andrew brayshaw as well?

Mckay!!! you giving us andrew brayshaw as well?
I use Mckay as a comparison so everyone on this board understands how good Cerra is.

Its also a point that we really need a ready made KPF as opposed to pick 8.

Which other KPFs would you guys offer up under this scenario?

Is Cerra your best player?
Is Mckay theirs?

Realistically hes only had 1 really really good season, which was this one.

Previous to this his best season he only kicked 20 odd goals.

If he dominates next season, ill be a believer.

As for Cerra he isnt our best player as Fyfe is, but he was an essential part of our team.

Consistently picking up 20+ possessions and is one of the players you want hitting up i.50 targets ( and theres not many Dockers I would want doing that).

Is Mckay theirs?

Realistically hes only had 1 really really good season, which was this one.

Previous to this his best season he only kicked 20 odd goals.

If he dominates next season, ill be a believer.

As for Cerra he isnt our best player as Fyfe is, but he was an essential part of our team.

Consistently picking up 20+ possessions and is one of the players you want hitting up i.50 targets ( and theres not many Dockers I would want doing that).

McKay won the Coleman Medal. Maybe he never replicates his 2021 output again but he is still levels above anything Cerra has produced to date.

In a straight swap in a vacuum (i.e. ignoring contract status and home state) Cerra isn't getting a McKay, Ben or Max King, Thilthorpe, Allen or Naughton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back