Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeti just wants two firsts. Trade 6 to Brisbane for 15+18 and flick them onto Freo.

Saves us a second rounder . . It really is that simple for him.

Yeti never said that, but feel free to quote where I did.

Really poor post from you.

I've clearly said above what I believe we should be accepting the minimum of.

Yeti just wants two firsts. Trade 6 to Brisbane for 15+18 and flick them onto Freo.

Unless I’ve missed something, the only thing Yeti is adamant he wants is SPS not included in any deals. His expectations are similar to mine that he wants 6 and something with it. Isn’t expecting the two top 10 firsts

I dont think its as easy as that mate. Brisbanes picks are likely to be between 15-18. These picks will then drift to around 18-20. This will not be close to Cerras Value. According to media here Carlton have been told Pick 8 cannot be downgraded otherwise its off. Maybe carlton will look to upgrade 25?

I dont think its as easy as that mate. Brisbanes picks are likely to be between 15-18. These picks will then drift to around 18-20. This will not be close to Cerras Value. According to media here Carlton have been told Pick 8 cannot be downgraded otherwise its off. Maybe carlton will look to upgrade 25?
I think the joke/sarcasm went straight over your head Polo 😀

Two firsts is two firsts. What more do you want.

The converse to Freo fans' perception of SPS?

I'm neutral, some existing biases for/against clubs/players, but broadly my view would be where Paddy Dow's performance currently stands, it seems reasonable. But agree, if you rate Dow more highly, then it appears you're losing out. Probably a similar view that Freo fans might have on Cerra given some of the lowish hypotheticals.
Their getting at least a pick 6 and second round pick. Hardly getting screwed.

I have the memory of a goldfish, does it normally get announced this quick after a season someone wants out? We are going to do so many circles in this thread over the next 6+ weeks we might dig a hole to the other side of the world

Last edited:
Their getting at least a pick 6 and second round pick. Hardly getting screwed.
Correct. A straight pick #6 & a second round pick (either #25 or future 2R) would be fine in my assessment. Or even something later (third or fourth round) coming back from Freo to Carlton.

But I'm not a Freo fan, or management! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the memory of a goldfish, does it normally get announced this quick after a season someone wants out? We are going to do so many circles in this thread over the next 6+ weeks we might dig a hole to the side of the world

The Monday after round 23 did seem very quick, though Cerra leaving was the worst kept secret in the AFL.

What I find interesting is that he didn’t nominate a club. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion we may see some Dees supporters filter in over the next few weeks.

The Monday after round 23 did seem very quick, though Cerra leaving was the worst kept secret in the AFL.

What I find interesting is that he didn’t nominate a club. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion we may see some Dees supporters filter in over the next few weeks.
Might sound silly but we just made room for like 7 players where I think we are clearly planning on taking bulk draft picks (and a spud player or two). Jackson is close to the only way Melbourne could get reasonably get the capital for Cerra unless I’m missing something and he’d cost Cerra + more on top IMO which would make filling list spots interesting…

I highly doubt your thoughts are close either. I mean I'm reading Freo fans demanding two first rounders. He's uncontracted. You'll get a very good deal but you're not getting kings ransom.
I know Freo wont get a kings ransom, I am more worried that Carlton will ream Freo in this trade or worse, cerra goes to PSD.

Look one thing is certain Kings Ransom is off the table. Adam Cerra is not Wayne Gretzky.
true. Key factor is he is out of contract

Sure, but strange things happen. We got pick 2 for Lachie ******* Weller.

A broken Jaeger O'Meara went for a Kings Ransom as did Tim Kelly. As I said, I'm not expecting it as a supporter but I doubt any of us are correct with what it will end up being.

These things are never straight forward.
Weller was under contract when that trade happened.

and thats the close freo can get for 2 1st rounders.

But Cerra is out of contract and I can see Carlton say here pick 18 and 61. take it or leave it.

That's a nice way of putting it. Probably not with that scenario. But I don't believe that my original point has been refuted, would you agree?
It has, O'Meara went for 10 & 24. That's not a Kings Ransom.

Is your definition of a Kings Ransom: Carlton paying overs in a series of deals that don't benefit Freo?

Might sound silly but we just made room for like 7 players where I think we are clearly planning on taking bulk draft picks (and a spud player or two). Jackson is close to the only way Melbourne could get reasonably get the capital for Cerra unless I’m missing something and he’d cost Cerra + more on top IMO which would make filling list spots interesting…

Could Brayshaw be apart of the deal? Probably not an absolute need but he’s still very good when played on ball.

Jack Crisp was put on a platter by Brisbane in the trade for Dayne Beams in 2014.. Couldn't get a game... turned out to be a jet.

Crisp was a 20yo rookie draft pick that had worked himself into the team and played the last six games to finish his third season. We wanted to keep him but he wanted to go home to Victoria and that's why we included him in the Beams trade.

SPS hasn't been able to solidify a spot in his fifth season, and Carlton wouldn't care too much if he left I suspect.

It has, O'Meara went for 10 & 24. That's not a Kings Ransom.

Is your definition of a Kings Ransom: Carlton paying overs in a series of deals that don't benefit Freo?

Hawthorn gave everything previously stated to get him. That's a Kings ransom. It's not Hawthorns fault that Gold coast are idiots.

You have up an enormous amount to secure him which is why clubs think twice about spending a huge amount of draft capital on one player.

and thats the close freo can get for 2 1st rounders.

But Cerra is out of contract and I can see Carlton say here pick 18 and 61. take it or leave it.

You will be compensated well for Cerra whether it is Carlton or someone else. I wouldn’t be too worried. Clubs are better than that nowadays, with a greater understanding that players > picks.

Could Brayshaw be apart of the deal? Probably not an absolute need but he’s still very good when played on ball.
Yeah, we tried to get him a couple of years ago but what’s he worth now? He’s an eh wing where Langdon is on the other wing with twice the output and he was worth a decent 2nd round pick. So if Gus was worth a 2nd round pick (where your taking a gambled he’s still the on ball player he was before) and we got Melbourne’s future 1st as well, is that enough? Feels a bit yuck…

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back