Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very quickly it seems.

Gotta laugh with the media running with "The offer he cannot refuse" only for it to be refused later that day.

Not your fault you thought he was coming with the media spin on it and the source likely from the Carlton camp. But if Carlton thought sacking a coach the way they look to be doing it to Teauge would make clarko interested in coaching for them they really have no idea how clarko operates.

No doubt it's been handled very poorly by the Carlton board. Embarrassing, indefensible, amateur hour. David Teague deserves better really.

how on earth is cerra worth 2 first rounders 1 guaranteed top 10 pick.

Again.... I see Carlton will bend freo over in this trade partly because Cerra is out of contract.

I see Carlton turing Pick 6 into 2 mid 1st rounders. Either they get Brisbanes pick 15 and 18 then trade 18 and 61 for Cerra or Trade pick 6 to gws for pick 12 and a 2022 1st rounder then trade pick 12 and 61 for cerra.

Why do those players mean anything to the value of Cerra? Both of those players had shown a lot more than Cerra.

Where Freo drafted him is also irrelevant

Straight up he is not worth two firsts when one is a top 10 pick for sure and fair chance the other would be to. That is crazy

Where he was drafted is completely relevant, because Freo will be expecting more then that. This isn't a top pick that has failed to meet expectations. He has gotten better season by season.

No doubt it's been handled very poorly by the Carlton board. Embarrassing, indefensible, amateur hour. David Teague deserves better really.
If he does end up out of Carlton i would love to see Richmond take him up as an assistant, and inevitably get another head coach role somewhere else

Again.... I see Carlton will bend freo over in this trade partly because Cerra is out of contract.

I see Carlton turing Pick 6 into 2 mid 1st rounders. Either they get Brisbanes pick 15 and 18 then trade 18 and 61 for Cerra or Trade pick 6 to gws for pick 12 and a 2022 1st rounder then trade pick 12 and 61 for cerra.
Pick 6 will be the starting point. If Carlton don’t do that freo will walk. More clubs will come in now they know he’s leaving

Can't imagine Freo settling for anything less than Pick 6 (at a starting point) unless there is quality players or a host of other picks available to go back to Freo

Interesting. I really didn't think SPS was rated so low. Are there issues that I'm not aware of?

I thought he looked a player in his first couple of seasons... I'd back a good culture in to turn him around. Would have thought he'd be worth a late first in a trade.

Don't think there's been any off field issues at all. Most feel like he's been poorly managed and played out of position. I had such high hopes for him after his first 2 seasons. Trade value wouldn't be a whole lot unfortunately, maybe a 3rd rounder

He won't be going to PSD, he will be traded

Carlton need to get the offer decent enough to make Freo happy or they'll deal with another club
Carlton fans have gotten cocky thinking they have all the power in the trade since they are the only one showing interest at the moment, The finals havent even started there is plenty of time for another victorian club to get involved here

He won't be going to PSD, he will be traded

Carlton need to get the offer decent enough to make Freo happy or they'll deal with another club
They can’t just deal with another club, you are right he won’t go to the PSD but they have to deal with Carlton if that is who he decides.

They can’t just deal with another club, you are right he won’t go to the PSD but they have to deal with Carlton if that is who he decides.
Agree

I think even Richmond would be calling Peter Bell about if Pick 7 would do it

Don't think there's been any off field issues at all. Most feel like he's been poorly managed and played out of position. I had such high hopes for him after his first 2 seasons. Trade value wouldn't be a whole lot unfortunately, maybe a 3rd rounder

Sounds like St Kilda BF posters and Blake Acres all over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were being racist assuming SPS has had off field issues, comparing him to Chris Yarran. Don’t try and spin it around.

not trying to be racist here.... Sad how Harley bennells career turned out at freo.

And yes I am saddened what Happened to Shane Yarran in the end.

white players have off field issues too.

Agree

I think even Richmond would be calling Peter Bell about if Pick 7 would do it
No doubt, but it means nothing if Cerra isn’t willing to go to Richmond.

Carlton won’t be stupid, they will offer pick 6 plus.

No doubt, but it means nothing if Cerra isn’t willing to go to Richmond.

Carlton won’t be stupid, they will offer pick 6 plus.
I reckon he would be willing to come here as he just wants to be at a big melbourne club. I just think Richmond dropped interest

3rd rounder? Deal done. I'll have Dodoro send the paperwork in the morning. Surprised you guys haven't played him up forward more

Stop spouting unders. Such rubbish and you’ve said it multiple times. Pick 61 is essentially worthless, and pick 12 doesn’t get it done for Cerra.

I reckon he would be willing to come here as he just wants to be at a big melbourne club. I just think Richmond dropped interest
We are all guessing but I think they would need to be in the same ball park as Carlton in $$$ and I am not sure they will be

Back