Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because I was talking about the nature of this award. Which by definition includes past winners.

I can't believe I had to explain that to you.......

If Mark Jackson won an ARIA award would we have to go thru past winners?

I assume you are including the Sydney supporters in here who play the racist card if someone does not agree that an AFL footballer does not deserve to be AOTY.

Well if you read SOME of the comments on this thread it would be considered racist?

How hard is it to disagree with the selection of Goodes whilst at the same time saying how fantastic it is for our great game?

You know what makes it so hard for people here to do that? Club allegiance and/or personal dislike of Goodes.
It's great for our fantastic game.

It's got me stuffed what the dude did to deserve it.

Happy now?

How hard is it to disagree with the selection of Goodes whilst at the same time saying how fantastic it is for our great game?

You know what makes it so hard for people here to do that? Club allegiance and/or personal dislike of Goodes.

Australian rules football is already the dominant code in the country and nobody outside Australia cares who the Australian of the Year is so how is it that great?

Australian rules football is already the dominant code in the country and nobody outside Australia cares who the Australian of the Year is so how is it that great?
It's not the dominant code where I live.

And maybe you should join the crowd who don't care about who wins this award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the dominant code where I live.

And maybe you should join the crowd who don't care about who wins this award.

I only care as long as the recipient is worthy. In this case, I don't believe he is.

A lot of "I'm not a racist but" types in here. No doubt that Goodes does a shit load more community service then the vast majority of his critics.

Barely anyone has even brought up the subject of race so don't try to make racists out of people because you can't handle Goodes copping a bit of criticism.

A lot of "I'm not a racist but" types in here. No doubt that Goodes does a shit load more community service then the vast majority of his critics.
On the other hand there are a shit load of people who do far more than Goodes, that is the point most people are making.

I await your judgement on me being racist with baited breath.

I only care as long as the recipient is worthy. In this case, I don't believe he is.
So, why do you think Goodes is an unworthy recipient? Not why do you think others are more worthy, why is he unworthy?

Shane Crawford and Samuel Johnson can consider themselves very stiff indeed.

What an utter joke this award is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back