Adam Ramanauskas never to play again

Remove this Banner Ad

Will never forget the mark he took in the 2000 QF on Peter Bell. Bell was running to spoil the mark, but Rama jumped, fended away Bell while he was in the air with one hand, and took the one-handed mark in the other. Probably not a very good description, but those who remember the mark would know what I was talking about. Just a glimpse of the talent he had.

Should have finished his career around 2011-12 instead of now. An absolute tragedy, good luck to him with whatever he decides to do.

Seems the report isn't quite accurate.
The football club is making a statement at 2:30, but Sheeds said a bit more than he was supposed to.

Whether that means what he said was incorrect, or just to early we'll find out soon.

Longy413 said:
Just to be clear on this, did he state this year or career?

Rama has been working with the coaching staff for several weeks now.

The grab I heard was "he will not play again and he will be helping the coaching team"

It's a pity because we didn't see the very best of what he could do on the footy field.

Lets hope he can beat this latest setback.

Yeh, I heard Sheeds say it last night on 5aa. He definately meant never play again, not just this season.

Its a real tragedy.

Never playing footy again is only a minor concern though, the reality is people die from the disease he's had and he's a survivor. I wish him all the best and hope he can live a full and happy life, what ever he decides to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowked said:
Its a real tragedy.

Never playing footy again is only a minor concern though, the reality is people die from the disease he's had and he's a survivor. I wish him all the best and hope he can live a full and happy life, what ever he decides to do.

I can't really sum it up better than this.

redandblackveins said:
The grab I heard was "he will not play again and he will be helping the coaching team"

It's a pity because we didn't see the very best of what he could do on the footy field.

Lets hope he can beat this latest setback.

EFC just made a statement via SEN that what Sheedy said wasn't accurate.

What that means, I don't know. I'd rather not guess.

Crowked said:
Yeh, I heard Sheeds say it last night on 5aa. He definately meant never play again, not just this season.

Its a real tragedy.

I'm not interested in debating how good he was or wasn't but this comment pretty much sums it up. He had the chance to play at that level which is a lot more than most of us but he also wouldn't be the first bloke to have his sporting career cut short by illness or injury.

Good luck to him anyway.

Rama hasn't retired.

What Sheedy said appeared to be an opinion. In Sheedy's opinion he doesn't think Rama can get back to playing footy, but the good news is the club is going to give him every opportunity to get back. Meanwhile, he'll continue to operate in a coaching role.

Good luck to him.

Longy413 said:
Just to be clear on this, did he state this year or career?

Rama has been working with the coaching staff for several weeks now.

On MMM they said he retired, nearly crashed when I heard it lol

SEN have just said that it was Sheedy's opinion only that Rama would not play again.

Essendon have come out and said that he has definetly NOT retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Ramanauskas never to play again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back