Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cameras panning to the box of him coxy and the other coaches after NN’s winner against GWS personally an all time fav. Or slapping the desk against saints in 2020 just as I thought his heart might not have been in it still.

Thanks Simmo, premiership coach and club legend

IMG_1361.jpeg

Thanks for everything Simmo. The last few years have seriously taken the shine off what was once one of the greatest legacies in Eagles history, but hopefully once things settle down and we all move on we can welcome him back as the club legend that he is.

Right call, overdue in many ways but didn’t think they had a midseason firing in them. Onya Simmo.

Let’s get moving.

Thank god for that.

Early in the year I said I didnt care who coaches as long as we were competitive and saw a rebuilding. Neither of those things happened and it was clearly time.

Thanks for the good years simmo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a few years too late but glad he’s gone for the clubs future sake and supporters mental health. He had a good run and will be appreciated for his time here but it was definitely time. Hoping to see a great change at the club starting with dropping and delisting the older spuds for youth. Good days coming people 🙏

Man, I feel bad for Simmo. Like him as a bloke and he’s been a fantastic coach. Time comes everyone, but I hope he’s rightly heralded and treated as a respected club figure going forward.

He already is.

It's only the mouth-breathers on here (we know who they are) that are showing the disrespect.

Thanks for the memories and rightly regarded as one of our GOAT coaches - it's bloody hard making a Grand Final, and even harder winning a flag against Vic opposition.

Had to be done, but it doesn't make it any less sad

Thanks for number 4 Simmo
1552631441027_GQB247F1I.2-2.jpg

The club had to make the call, he was never going to leave, surprised they did to be honest.

His time was up, much like it was for Woosha and Malthouse when the time came for them.

He will always be remembered as a premiership coach, that cannot be taken away from him, regardless of what has occurred in the last 3 years, but this is best for the club, give them a chance to sound out a new coach, and give that coach a chance to put in plans they want heading forward.

Thank god for that.

Early in the year I said I didnt care who coaches as long as we were competitive and saw a rebuilding. Neither of those things happened and it was clearly time.

Thanks for the good years simmo.
I think the main issue, especially leading into and post bye, was that we looked ok in a lot of areas then completely reverted to the mean by backing in underperforming senior players and making bizarre team selections.

Almost a mirror image of the back half of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back