Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always wonder about Simmo's last contract, it was even addressed on AFL 360 last night. Seemingly it was given during the 2021 season but it was so hush-hush and not addressed publicly. That contract was a killer, it's right alongside the Kelly trade in my opinion.

This doesn't seem to have been posted as yet;
View attachment 2044057

IMO absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a total lack of respect for a Premiership coach and someone who apart from anything else seems like a decent human being.

Yep his tenure ended poorly, but obviously The West making it clear you don't mess with Pinnochio's penis.

The pic at the top of your page of Simmo holding up the Cup is a proper tribute and one that if The West had any class could have replicated, you know 'thanks' rather than 'see ya'.
It's unnecessary yeah agreed.

It was totally brought on by Simpson himself though, you don't mess with the newspaper as they will always have the last say.

Having a go at woodcock in the press conference however true or meaningful it was brought this on.

And lest face it...when you look at it in plain black and white and red like that....geez
It was ****ing dire and deserved his sacking a hundred fold. The only surprise is it wasn't sooner.

View attachment 2044057

IMO absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a total lack of respect for a Premiership coach and someone who apart from anything else seems like a decent human being.

Yep his tenure ended poorly, but obviously The West making it clear you don't mess with Pinnochio's penis.

The pic at the top of your page of Simmo holding up the Cup is a proper tribute and one that if The West had any class could have replicated, you know 'thanks' rather than 'see ya'.
Thank you to you (here) and other non-Eagles fans (elsewhere) for calling this out for exactly what it is - utterly disrespectful garbage. I have low expectations of our tabloid of a paper but somehow they managed to even fail those. What a disgrace.

View attachment 2044057

Seems that Simmo’s request fell on deaf ears. Which is unsurprising as the flogs at the West were likely affronted by his broadside at Woodcock.

I was going to have a crack at their Twitter post but realised that is exactly what they want in terms of engagement and clicks. Just don’t engage and let them continue sinking into the media mire.

Once the dust has settled and Simmo has had some time off and away, what I would love is for him to give an in-depth recalling of what happened within the walls of the club since the '18 GF from his point of view.
All the decisions that where made to get us to where we are today.

I have no issue with him and think he has been a wonderful coach but the time came and the right call was made. I just think there is a fascinating story to be told here, and we the supporters, not deserve, I think that's the wrong word, but need an explanation from those actually involved and who were major decisions makers of how the club got us to this point.

Anyways thanks Simmo all the best with whatever comes next

Once the dust has settled and Simmo has had some time off and away, what I would love is for him to give an in-depth recalling of what happened within the walls of the club since the '18 GF from his point of view.
All the decisions that where made to get us to where we are today.

I have no issue with him and think he has been a wonderful coach but the time came and the right call was made. I just think there is a fascinating story to be told here, and we the supporters, not deserve, I think that's the wrong word, but need an explanation from those actually involved and who were major decisions makers of how the club got us to this point.

Anyways thanks Simmo all the best with whatever comes next
Absolutely that would be great to hear. But knowing the man he wouldnt lower himself to the standards of some within the club.

If I’m don pyke I’m restricting any access to players the west has and telling the new coach to refuse to answer any questions from stick dick at any pressers next year.

It’s a two way street, you want access show some respect.
We can only hope that is the case.

If I’m don pyke I’m restricting any access to players the west has and telling the new coach to refuse to answer any questions from stick dick at any pressers next year.

It’s a two way street, you want access show some respect.

That's why Dusty has very little to do with the media. The media earn an income by "sort of telling the truth & sort of lying"...

Having said that, some people in the media are good but some.....I have no words.

Players & coaches just cop it from the media and it's relentless. There's a human element involved here and the media simply don't care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players & coaches just cop it from the media and it's relentless. There's a human element involved here and the media simply don't care.

They don't care because they make money from it, and they make money from it because people keep reading or viewing it.

The only winning move is to not play ie don't give them your money or website hits. Everyone that posts a news.com.au or West Australian link is contributing to the problem, even if it's solely to laugh at the audacity.

It's obviously not legal to post ways on here to get around a paywall, but I am sure you can figure out what you need to do.

View attachment 2044057

To be perfectly honest this is how I felt about Simmo by the end.

The flag was a distant memory.

Sure, the see ya is a bit harsh but felt like he just didn't seem interested or willing to try anything.

"Thanks for the premiership, but farewell" it should've just said maybe

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why do eagles cry Covid and Freo dont? What were the eagles exposed to that Freo wasnt? Seriously it's embarrassing.
From memory I think we were the only Afl team to have to play top up players a couple of times and barely fielded a full Afl team at other times. Some media suggested some games should have been postponed and unfair we had to play.
We lost against the Kangaroos with i think three top up players.
I don't think Freo had to play Wafl top up players.

View attachment 2044057

As a Pies supporter with no dog in this fight, this is deplorable. The media in Perth certainly set the standard for bottom of the barrel scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back