Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you choose to play gaff I stead of a young player you're not in a rebuild mindset.
Not all kids are ready for afl, some get more out of wafl games. Besides, we needed a winger, Gaff was by far the best available in the wafl.
Nothing wrong with that
You're in a save my job mindset which is what Simpson appears to be in.
?

All of you who are touting Dean Cox as our next head coach seem to have forgotten one key thing

SEN WA’s Tim Gossage believes Dean Cox is in line to coach West Coast should they part ways with Adam Simpson.

The Gossage Effect (TM) has deemed it not to be

I'm certainly on Team Cox. As a champion and groundbreaking ruckman, he also has that steely competitiveness along with coaching experience at a consistent premier side, arguably ahead of the competition.
This presuming Cox and Hansen's names have come up primarily based on their coaching reputation and not as ex-players for WC.
If there are other equally or better qualified assistant coaches, not connected to the club, who are they?
I see Cox melding expertly with the Club and the team, a great match, and bringing a new level of professionalism, new coaching chops and a new energy. What change would he bring to the coaching team around him?
A match made in heaven, it would seem from the outside.
He is ripe for the picking. Unless he stays with the Swans, then Team Hansen?

When you choose to play gaff I stead of a young player you're not in a rebuild mindset.

You're in a save my job mindset which is what Simpson appears to be in.
Look we get it, you don't like Simmo but tell me, what do you propose and how would you run it.
Help us out with your take instead of " play the kids".?

You must be pro gender mixed teams for the league
No, I'm just ok with the club having a mixed session here and there as one club. Take your politics somewhere else thanks.

Not all kids are ready for afl, some get more out of wafl games. Besides, we needed a winger, Gaff was by far the best available in the wafl.
Nothing wrong with that
Anyone picked in the national draft isn't going to be too happy playing in the seconds.
If they don't get picked to play AFL they're missing adjustment time.
What's the point of having about half the squad sitting out every week to watch old blokes nearly twice their age trot around.
Gaff's a wingman and personally I think wingmen should be made redundant and take the ball out of the centre and kick it straight down to the goals Dustin Martin and Harley Reid style.
Simmo is old fashioned and should hand over to someone who brings the game up to the modern times and that includes not having two ruckmen.

Anyone picked in the national draft isn't going to be too happy playing in the seconds.
If they don't get picked to play AFL they're missing adjustment time.
What's the point of having about half the squad sitting out every week to watch old blokes nearly twice their age trot around.
LMFAO just because theyre picked in the draft doesnt mean theyre ready for AFL immediately
Gaff's a wingman and personally I think wingmen should be made redundant and take the ball out of the centre and kick it straight down to the goals Dustin Martin and Harley Reid style.
Good thing what you think doesnt matter
Simmo is old fashioned and should hand over to someone who brings the game up to the modern times and that includes not having two ruckmen.
:tearsofjoy: every club runs 2 guys who can go into the ruck, just because our backup guy has had an extended period as the main ruck doesnt mean hes a pure ruck

Sorry mate but I really couldnt tell if you were serious or not with that comment about wingers being made redundant.
That's quite OK, no offence taken. I often get confused myself and don't know if I'm Arthur or Martha (that's an inside joke for some people ;)).

No, I'm just ok with the club having a mixed session here and there as one club. Take your politics somewhere else thanks.
Here and there? Just saw another one today :) don't think the guys benefit much at all skill wise. So get you warped circle koombaya ass out, if you haven't noticed we are at the bottom end of the ladder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here and there? Just saw another one today :) don't think the guys benefit much at all skill wise. So get you warped circle koombaya ass out, if you haven't noticed we are at the bottom end of the ladder

They didn’t have another mixed session today

What you saw was a social media post about the one mixed session they had on the weekend

It was one light, recovery type session designed to build a connection between the men’s and women’s teams as part of developing a one club culture.

Only a peanut would take issue with it

They didn’t have another mixed session today

What you saw was a social media post about the one mixed session they had on the weekend

It was one light, recovery type session designed to build a connection between the men’s and women’s teams as part of developing a one club culture.

Only a peanut would take issue with it
Hey Keys, why didn't you like my post. You know what's going on or don't you like me carrying on.

I once saw the Eagles down at a junior footy club, taking part in training. You can’t be a serious football club if you are training with nine-year-olds. Sack Simmo.
He didn’t even throw a Gatorade bottle at any of the nine year olds either. Soft.

Nobody dare bring up that North had a mixed session during their bye then proceeded to get their only win of the year to the as-of-yet segregated training only Eagles…

The girls are harder than most of the blokes, absolutely fearless (often to their own detriment)

I'm pretty sure their pregame in the rooms must look similar to this:

giphy.gif

Harley reid has saved simpson from being sacked in the early stages of the season. As much as simpson declares it's the older players, aka the players with credits in the bank, it's been reid.
Garbage. Plenty of the credits crew are having a better year.

Reid has been terrific for a youngster no doubt about it but the likes of McGovern, Yeo, TB, Kelly and Duggan have been in pretty good form in the majority of games. Reckon those guys are just as much a chance of the F&B as what Reid is.

Not to mention “Junk Time Jake” who’s in career best form and hasn’t been part of the credit crew in previous seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back