Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are jealous.

Your players love their Dad Ken, as do the key pillars. Not fully the case at WCE with the coach.

We’d love to be sitting 6th on the ladder, half a game out of the top four right now 😀

If Ken takes you to “worse than Fitzroy” maybe his time will come!

Duff saying now that the players and staff have been called into the club....

But Tuesday is training day anyway, right?

That's how bad our board is. 😂

Board calling all the players & staff: "We need you here by 9:30am today."

Players & staff: "Yeah we're already here for training."

I find it funny Port supporters hating Ken comparing it to our situation.

We'd sign Simmo on for Life if we had Ports last 3-4 years record.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is certainly true to an extent but for Port it goes back a bit further probably to about 2017. Ken’s been there for 10 years and hasn’t won a flag in that time, so there’s also that to consider

To be fair even when we were winning games a ton of people were still dismayed at the age of the players doing that winning.

I think most of us wanted changes even when we were winning.
A uninformed comment.
we won most of those games without gaff. and Sheed i think played two games.
There is a myth about how old we are. We have only nine players who are 29 or older two thirds of clubs have more players in the older age group including Geelong and Collingwood.

We so far have seen Gaff overlooked for most games and Sheed is a liability and injury prone so i don't mind him not getting a game for the rest of the year.

It leaves seven players left. Barrass ,Hunt, Kelly, Mcgovern, Yeo, Cripps and Darling.
I would play Jack Williams instead of Darling for the rest of the season.
As for Cripps i think he stays in due to a lack of quality small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your players love their Dad Ken, as do the key pillars. Not fully the case at WCE with the coach.

We’d love to be sitting 6th on the ladder, half a game out of the top four right now 😀

If Ken takes you to “worse than Fitzroy” maybe his time will come!
Ask Port supporters if they'd rather be on the bottom for a while after winning a GF or having 12 years of missing out.

I'm guessing you know the answer.

A uninformed comment.
we won most of those games without gaff. and Sheed i think played two games.
There is a myth about how old we are. We have only nine players who are 29 or older two thirds of clubs have more players in the older age group including Geelong and Collingwood.

We so far have seen Gaff overlooked for most games and Sheed is a liability and injury prone so i don't mind him not getting a game for the rest of the year.

It leaves seven players left. Barrass ,Hunt, Kelly, Mcgovern, Yeo, Cripps and Darling.
I would play Jack Williams instead of Darling for the rest of the season.
As for Cripps i think he stays in due to a lack of quality small forwards.
An

This Simpson thing is quite sad really. He’s represented the club the very that he could and has brought us great moments. Ideally he is stood down at the end of season but it is announced today that a new coach will be recruited, starting now.

Let Simpson go with the dignity that he deserves.

It’s not the west coast way to st kilda the **** out him in this moment

This Simpson thing is quite sad really. He’s represented the club the very that he could and has brought us great moments. Ideally he is stood down at the end of season but it is announced today that a new coach will be recruited, starting now.

Let Simpson go with the dignity that he deserves.

It’s not the west coast way to st kilda the **** out him in this moment

Simpson received a significant lifeline and level of respect with the club backing him in last year.

Death by 1,000 cuts is not a respectful way to deal with a legendary coach of your club.

As much as he has had to call time on Hurn, Shuey in recent years, it's now time for the board to do this hard task for him.

This is nothing like a St Kilda killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back