Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you for real? Cripps was an absolute liability from that first pathetic effort where he had 3(!) chances to pick up the ball under zero pressure yet fumbled every one, until his 7th touch which he then kicked into the Manon the mark.

From a 31 year old senior player. Had no business being left out there.

Any of 10 could have been dragged, why you worried it was chesser? He can’t get the ball either.

Been a big few days.

As it stands we can rule out the following as Head Coach for 2025:

Adam Simpson
Dean Cox
Bob Newhart
Jarrad Schofield

All this after missing a sitter from 6 metres out last week which could have kept us in it.

What is the ****ing point of playing him if he is worse than a kid playing WAFL?

Gee. It seems there are still people on this board who don't know my views on Jamie Cripps continued selection. I've been calling for him to be dropped since round 5 and have widely condemned for it. Nothings changed except for the fact that now a few more people agree that yes, it's time! Bring in Harvey Johnson for him.

Matthew Knights fwd coach
Jacob Brennan fwd development
Luke Webster backs coach
tom Morrison back development
Luke Shuey Stoppages coach
Kyal Horsely mid coach

SURELY there's better big name coaches out there

Seems like amateur club

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chesser being subbed out instead of Cripps should be terminal for Schofield. Can we please just have a coach who has an IQ over 85
Was not a good look when the tv camera showed Schofield,Webster and Shoey looking like stunned mullets in the last Qtr.
They didn't have a clue how to fix what was going wrong on the field.
The IQ total of the 3 of them wouldn't have exceeded 85.
I can't see anything the 3 of them have done to improve the skill levels of the players. That is one of the main jobs of an assistant. Total clean out required.

Luke Webster backs coach
Kyal Horsely mid coach

Seems like amateur club

Are you saying that because they are not all champion players?
All these people do is implement the game plan of the senior coach, they have no final say on anything.
That does nit mean they don’t have responsibilities but they simply don’t have final say. Head coach approves or denies everything.

The list is so shocking it’s putting any new coach on the back foot straight away. Our most promising kids were drafted only in the last few drafts and we still need a heap more talent. We have no quality players in the 22-24 age bracket. Only Allen, Waterman and Duggan(mind you Duggan borderline qualifies) that are good players in the 25-28 age range. All good players are either old and/or on the way down.

Club needs to really hit the free agaency period hard and try an lure some decent mid aged players into the club to help the kids out

Was not a good look when the tv camera showed Schofield,Webster and Shoey looking like stunned mullets in the last Qtr.
They didn't have a clue how to fix what was going wrong on the field.
The IQ total of the 3 of them wouldn't have exceeded 85.
I can't see anything the 3 of them have done to improve the skill levels of the players. That is one of the main jobs of an assistant. Total clean out required.

You can’t fix afl players skills, you can help with their decisions and their awareness but their skills are locked in by the time they are 16.
Which is why AFL clubs don’t have a skills coach.

Are you saying that because they are not all champion players?
All these people do is implement the game plan of the senior coach, they have no final say on anything.
That does nit mean they don’t have responsibilities but they simply don’t have final say. Head coach approves or denies everything.
They don't inspire much confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Webster backs coach
Kyal Horsely mid coach

Seems like amateur club

How did we ever end up with that lot, they even have a development manager, who ever was responsible for those appointments should be named and shamed.
What a load of rubbish backs trying to teach forwards and vice a versa. We must be paying peanuts to have employed
them.
I would have thought that a big powerful and successful club would have attracted better talent
than that.

How did we ever end up with that lot, they even have a development manager, who ever was responsible for those appointments should be named and shamed.
What a load of rubbish backs trying to teach forwards and vice a versa. We must be paying peanuts to have employed
them.
I would have thought that a big powerful and successful club would have attracted better talent
than that.
Some of them look like jobs for the boys. We need a complete clear out.

The list is so shocking it’s putting any new coach on the back foot straight away. Our most promising kids were drafted only in the last few drafts and we still need a heap more talent. We have no quality players in the 22-24 age bracket. Only Allen, Waterman and Duggan(mind you Duggan borderline qualifies) that are good players in the 25-28 age range. All good players are either old and/or on the way down.

Club needs to really hit the free agaency period hard and try an lure some decent mid aged players into the club to help the kids out

Its not the list its the attitude. Tough to win a match when 90% of the players are either walking or jogging around with their heads down instead of pretending to be AFL footballers. When the team has turned up this season we've matched and occasionally beaten some of the best sides in the competition. Its a middling list that still needs filling out but the idea that a new coach coming in with some drive and some new idea's and all players having to start from scratch to prove their worth can't drastically improve us is just wrong imo.

them.
than that.

All assistants want to end up a senior coach, most of them will coach all areas over different periods while they are assistants.
It is very common for forwards to coach backs and backs coach forwards.
We have a terrible list.
We need to wait until we get a new coach and changes will take place

Its not the list its the attitude. Tough to win a match when 90% of the players are either walking or jogging around with their heads down instead of pretending to be AFL footballers. When the team has turned up this season we've matched and occasionally beaten some of the best sides in the competition. Its a middling list that still needs filling out but the idea that a new coach coming in with some drive and some new idea's and all players having to start from scratch to prove their worth can't drastically improve us is just wrong imo.
You’re rightbon effort and attitude but that would make us like Adelaide/saints but the bigger picture is the list is horrible the current list would still be stuck at the bottom end of the ladder even with the effort and intent.

Shueys the only one I’d keep. I know we lacked the cattle at times but thought both knights and Schoefield have been underwhelming when they had the mids and as stoppges/structures.

Shuey is literally the captain all these under performing players called their captain until very recently. Nothing against him and maybe he'll be a good coach one day but he should be the first to go. We need a circuit breaker, they should probably all go but having a former team mate as part of the new coaching panel accomplishes nothing.

I think the list has been psychologically damaged by the last few years and the way Simpson was carrying on making excuses for crap efforts. They were given excuses for not just losing but for not even trying and blatantly giving up mentally in games before he game even began. And they did so many times. In fact the worse the effort was the more sympathy was lathered on them by club leadership and everything was sheeted home to Covid and injuries.

Just like the after the first time an employee crosses the red line in their own mind puts his hand in the till and steals money it becomes easier to do it a second time. And the third time is easier than the second time etc etc. I think it is the same for athletes. Giving up when the going gets tough is addictive and it becomes a habit. And we have done it so many times now that it is normalised in the minds of the players. They have no pride or personal standards in their own mind left to defend. We need a new coach to reverse all of that and re - establish that red line in the players minds of basic minimum efforts that can't be violated or not delivered on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back