Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Shueys the only one I’d keep. I know we lacked the cattle at times but thought both knights and Schoefield have been underwhelming when they had the mids and as stoppges/structures.

I would move Shuey on, go and do your apprenticeship elsewhere. We need as many people who have been involved the last 5 years to be gone from the club.

Gee. It seems there are still people on this board who don't know my views on Jamie Cripps continued selection. I've been calling for him to be dropped since round 5 and have widely condemned for it. Nothings changed except for the fact that now a few more people agree that yes, it's time! Bring in Harvey Johnson for him.

Oh we were in agreement I knew what you meant

You’re rightbon effort and attitude but that would make us like Adelaide/saints but the bigger picture is the list is horrible the current list would still be stuck at the bottom end of the ladder even with the effort and intent.
There's maybe three decent sides in the competition and I'd struggle to confidently name 2 out of those 3 of at the moment. Two games separating 2nd and 13th and a week ago it was even closer. The difference between a spoon and finals is probably closer than the difference between 3rd and 1st. We'll get in a new coach, retire a bunch of list clogging senior players and some kids who aren't going to make it, get in a trade or two and draft a kid who's ALF ready and go again. With some good luck the ceiling is about 5th with bad luck it could be another spoon. How anyone can confidently say which way it'll go is beyond me. Lists matter less and less I reckon, it's all systems and player buy in.

After that team selection (jones not being dropped and petch straight in) and lack of magnet moves in the game. We me as wel bring in Daisy Pearce

There's maybe three decent sides in the competition and I'd struggle to confidently name 2 out of those 3 of at the moment. Two games separating 2nd and 13th and a week ago it was even closer. The difference between a spoon and finals is probably closer than the difference between 3rd and 1st. We'll get in a new coach, retire a bunch of list clogging senior players and some kids who aren't going to make it, get in a trade or two and draft a kid who's ALF ready and go again. With some good luck the ceiling is about 5th with bad luck it could be another spoon. How anyone can confidently say which way it'll go is beyond me. Lists matter less and less I reckon, it's all systems and player buy in.
Watch how quickly the pies drop off the cliff in the next 2 yrs. They will hit panic stations soon realising the VFL depth isn't up to it and complacency has crept in amongst the role players post flag already. Their midfield is Nick daicos and crickets. Moore is more interested in his woke inner city Melbourne life. Hoskin Elliot is shit. Howe, elliot, side bottom, pendles are nearly done. De goeys a flash in the pan. The game plan has been the same for 3 seasons now, and they won lots of those close games on the back of daicos, but teams have figured out how to mute his influence and stop the kaos. Their downfall is imminent at about the same time as Tassie 2027

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey 100% needs to leave.

Webster too.

The entire coaching panel honestly reads like a ‘jobs for the boys’ all-star team.

You could sum up a large percentage of Western Australian (AFL and WAFL) appointments and recruiting decisions under the heading ‘It’s who you know’…and it really needs to change.

Can seriously see Buckley changing that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After today's game I'm convinced we need an "in between" coach, like what Melb did with Roos and Dons did with Woosha. A coach who has a clear mandate to build & develop a new list and who's job security isn't dependant on rising up the ladder.

Whichever coach comes in needs to cut EVERYONE from the Simpson era, the culture is just so broken that the only fix is to move on to the next generation.

Worst thing that could happen is a coach inherits this culture, tries to build on the existing list only to face the same lame on field efforts by the same culprits and eventually gets the arse. Then cue the next sucker who thinks they can turn it around.

Shuey 100% needs to leave.

Webster too.

The entire coaching panel honestly reads like a ‘jobs for the boys’ all-star team.

You could sum up a large percentage of Western Australian (AFL and WAFL) appointments and recruiting decisions under the heading ‘It’s who you know’…and it really needs to change.

Can seriously see Buckley changing that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The trouble is that it’s never been easy to get prospective coaches to head west - particularly when there’s young families involved which is why a fair percentage of our coaches have either played for one of the local teams or originate from WA which was why Coxy’s name was mentioned as the possible replacement for Simmo. Both Mick and Simmo were exceptions however.

Find some older coach who isnt looking to make a new career out of coaching. An older former coach would be ideal. Someone who wont care if they never coach again after their stint at the eagles.
Offer them a director of footy type deal for post coaching.

Give them a 2-3 year deal, tell them it doesnt matter what you do, your only job is to develop/fix the list.

Get a younger assistant coach who hass coaching aspirations, get them in as an assistant with the intention of giving them the full time job in 2-3 years time, but dont hold them to it.

In 3 years time we have a young list that a new young coach can take over, at least it should be a more attractive prospect than it is now

Find some older coach who isnt looking to make a new career out of coaching. An older former coach would be ideal. Someone who wont care if they never coach again after their stint at the eagles.

Give them a 2-3 year deal, tell them it doesnt matter what you do, your only job is to develop/fix the list.

Get a younger assistant coach who hass coaching aspirations, get them in as an assistant with the intention of giving them the full time job in 2-3 years time, but dont hold them to it.

In 3 years time we have a young list that a new young coach can take over, at least it should be a more attractive prospect than it is now
Longmire.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Woosha?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back