Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get what you mean. But I reckon it's a weak top 4 this year- does anyone really think Port or Brisbane are a premiership side? It'll be Richmond, Geelong or us, and if we can string a few good weeks together we're still every chance from 5th.
Yeah I agree but it was the same conversation we were having after finishing 5th last year. The reality is, we’re not knocking off Geelong or Richmond if we have to go the long way around. There’s no way we’re that much better than them, if at all. We all thought after smacking Essendon in the elimination final that we’d sweep through Geelong and face off against Richmond again. Even if we got past the Cats the Tigers were waiting after chilling for an extra week.

Same scenario this year. It’s nice to think we could go on a tear and win 4 games on the trot.. but we couldn’t even win 4 games in a row against pretty average opposition to close out the season, let alone 4 finals games.

I also agree about the Port and Brisbane point. It should really be Port, Geelong, Tigers, us followed by Brisbane. They’ve been shithouse and have won a whole heap of identical games to the one we lost tonight. One of Port or Brisbane are 100% going out in straight sets and we’re going to be cooked based on our finishing position to not be able to challenge the other two and it should be pretty easy pickings for a GF pair from here.

Top 4 or we’re realistically done. I’d like to be positive and think we could do a 4 game sweep but last year and also 2017 we thought the same thoughts and it never got close. We need that automatic shot at a prelim more than the “double chance”. Semi’s don’t usually go down to well with us.

Top 4 or we’re realistically done. I’d like to be positive and think we could do a 4 game sweep but last year and also 2017 we thought the same thoughts and it never got close. We need that automatic shot at a prelim more than the “double chance”. Semi’s don’t usually go down to well with us.
Hell, you're probably right but I'll cling to optimism for a couple more weeks at least. Might as well!

Yeah I agree but it was the same conversation we were having after finishing 5th last year. The reality is, we’re not knocking off Geelong or Richmond if we have to go the long way around. There’s no way we’re that much better than them, if at all. We all thought after smacking Essendon in the elimination final that we’d sweep through Geelong and face off against Richmond again. Even if we got past the Cats the Tigers were waiting after chilling for an extra week.
We absolutely would have beaten the cats last year and then given Richmond a run for their money (but probably still lost) had the willie shit not come out.
Agreed with the usual year but this year is different. With the first week of finals the only realistic chance of playing in Perth I believe if we can finish 5th or 6th, win that first final in Perth, and then with the squad having spent three weeks, mentally refreshed, in Perth at that point can launch a real assault at the flag playing three weeks finals against most teams in neutral venues (QLD). If we play Port in Adelaide, even better. This is not a usual year. Top 4 is not essential.

Pyke and the weagles web. Sammy and our current mids playing the best they ever have. We have been truly blessed with amazing assistants in recent years.

We are not still ****ing doing this surely.

It’s 2020, Pyke has been sacked, Mitchell has steered the Hawks to the bottom four (and just lost to the winless Adelaide whose downfall was orchestrated by Pyke). Simpson went 4-2 against Pyke and 2-1 against Hawthorn since Mitch moved back.

Tigers fans losing their mind at the start of the year that their good IP went to Essendon, and how stupid do those fans look now? Can’t wait until Jaymie Graham gets all the credit for the 2020 flag.

Easiest job in the world assistant coach, **** me. Drift through a season, cash a cheque, then get sucked off by all the footy fans who can’t wrap their head around the fact that sometimes their team might lose a game.

Last edited:
i think even the 2018 flag was so unexpected maybe the whole club doesnt know how to be the hunted properly.

Every side lifts v us and we generally do alright but for huge amounts of each match (even wins) we look horrible and just do enough to get it done.

Reckon its hugely mental.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

The flag was not expected, but it's not like we went from 13th to flag in one year.

We had been a good side for a few years under Simpson before we won the flag.

I think compared to Geelong or Richmond, we lack depth, especially in the midfield. Our best 22 is right up there, take one or two out and we look like mid table team.

Geelong and Richmond have both dealt with injuries, Richmond especially, however they still have the 2nd stringer come through and hold down their spot.

We have too many list cloggers, and we need to clear that up.

The sooking is unbelievable. Take dusty and cotchin out of Richmond they don't win. Take danger and Duncan out of geelong they don't win. Also its 4 games in 11 days or some such thing. Ppl will make mistakes... Get a grip

We are not still ******* doing this surely.

It’s 2020, Pyke has been sacked, Mitchell has steered the Hawks to the bottom four (and just lost to the winless Adelaide whose downfall was orchestrated by Pyke). Simpson went 4-2 against Pyke and 2-1 against Hawthorn since Mitch moved back.

Tigers fans losing their mind at the start of the year that their good IP went to Essendon, and how stupid do those fans look now? Can’t wait until Jaymie Graham gets all the credit for the 2020 flag.

Easiest job in the world assistant coach, fu** me. Drift through a season, cash a cheque, then get sucked off by all the footy fans who can’t wrap their head around the fact that sometimes their team might lose a game.
I need a career change.

The flag was not expected, but it's not like we went from 13th to flag in one year.

We had been a good side for a few years under Simpson before we won the flag.

I think compared to Geelong or Richmond, we lack depth, especially in the midfield. Our best 22 is right up there, take one or two out and we look like mid table team.

Geelong and Richmond have both dealt with injuries, Richmond especially, however they still have the 2nd stringer come through and hold down their spot.

We have too many list cloggers, and we need to clear that up.

We just signed one of those list cloggers up for another 3 years.

Its all good, we're still in the 8 and have a heartbeat. Stumbling in again but we can give it a shake and the good thing is we have been written off by everyone including our own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson gambled and lost. The medico only advises, while Simpson makes the call. Simpson made the wrong call on Shuey.

Gambled and lost on Nic too.

Nic and Shuey's circumstances were different. Did I not mention flexibility rather than rigidity wrt plans earlier in the thread? So why are you taking a one size fits all approach to Nic and Shuey with a comment like: "Goodness me. Pot him for “resting” Nic Nat one post then bag him for not overruling the medicos and resting Shuey in the next?"

Do you seriously believe playing Nic in 4 games in 15 days would be smart?

The Saints have a strong ruck combo. much better than the Dogs so if you were resting him it would be against the Dogs.

We lost by 1 bullshit call review. The second camera angle clearly shows the ball inside the line of the post. But that is football and the AFL with their cheap. crap review technology.

With Shuey out and Yeo and Nic and Hutchings with a hammie early we lost by 2 points. Could have gone the other way but it didn't.

If we had of won with a correct review what would you be saying?

Hickey was murdered out there, Bailey Williams should of played if he was fit.

Hickey was murdered out there, Bailey Williams should of played if he was fit.
Im no Hickey fan as CM9000 will attest to, but he was decent last night. His first quarter in particular. His ruck work was pretty good and he won the battle and he took a few good marks around the ground but where he did fall down was letting English drop back in defence and take a few good marks without going with him. It must also be said that English is a very good mark, but Hickey should have been closer to him. I doubt Williams would have been an improvement on Hickey last night, probably not good enough to be the primary ruck, 2nd ruck option only at the moment.

Im no Hickey fan as CM9000 will attest to, but he was decent last night. His first quarter in particular. His ruck work was pretty good and he won the battle and he took a few good marks around the ground but where he did fall down was letting English drop back in defence and take a few good marks without going with him. It must also be said that English is a very good mark, but Hickey should have been closer to him. I doubt Williams would have been an improvement on Hickey last night, probably not good enough to be the primary ruck, 2nd ruck option only at the moment.
I thought Hickey was poor after half time.
English has been in terrible form and he played back into form.

Like some others, I do think Baily Williams should've played.

Do you seriously believe playing Nic in 4 games in 15 days would be smart?

The Saints have a strong ruck combo. much better than the Dogs so if you were resting him it would be against the Dogs.

We lost by 1 bullshit call review. The second camera angle clearly shows the ball inside the line of the post. But that is football and the AFL with their cheap. crap review technology.

With Shuey out and Yeo and Nic and Hutchings with a hammie early we lost by 2 points. Could have gone the other way but it didn't.

If we had of won with a correct review what would you be saying?
Can I make a request of the WC BF board?

Can anyone replying to Pulsedriver please make just 1 point in their response? Obi, I use your post only as an example but you have written a response here with up to 5 quotable passages to respond to in infinite detail. I just dont think I can take another drawn out multi quote shit post the Monday after a loss.

Please and thankyou.

Meh. I was upset last night because we had done the work to pinch a game we had no business being in and then choked.

Unless we get back our soldiers raring to go I think we aren't going to make a dent in the finals but it's been amazing to blood a bunch of new players with Rotham looking assured and Williams and X'On looking good. Our future down back is looking bright and we are able to kick game winning scores off a pathetically low amount of forward half footy thanks to the class of our forwards. I think we have a lot going right for us but injury might have bested us this season. No shame in that, plenty of good sides have been derailed by the injury gods.

Simmo will have a lot of good data, much deeper into the list than otherwise. I'm backing him in to have the boys firing in 2021 and even better placed to deal with any injury/sus[ension difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back