Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Is Fine GIF

Don’t think anyone could get more/less from the available group, it’s just nowhere near an AFL 22.

But we’re sleep walking through our worst ever season on the heels of our worst ever season. Hard to be bothered if they roll the dice on a new voice.

Alternatively (which it seems they’re doing), keep him in the post to eat a mountain of shit and the new guy gets a fresh-ish start.

Apathy isn’t really what you should be gunning for, but it’s what we’ve got.

I don't think I've ever seen less pressure put on a struggling coach than I'm seeing with Simmo.

Heads have rolled for much much less
Yeah it's like the Vic media enjoy WC being shit so don't do anything about it. The WA media are probably blacklisted from WC if they report something the club hierarchy aren't happy with

I don't think I've ever seen less pressure put on a struggling coach than I'm seeing with Simmo.

Heads have rolled for much much less

Poor blokes coaching a bunch of galati potatoes (besides Oscar of course) can’t really sack him😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or The West media paper have been loving it & quite happy potting WCE with headlines of our stricken grief, whilst writing articles full of social media comments.
Seriously, articles quoting fans from social media, coupled with Suma writing something about Darcy's 'close friends' & Fyfe's 'close friends' revealing their inner desires.
Forget what I was raging about, but WA media, including social, is a bit of a laugh.

Interesting snippet at around the 15 minute mark acknowledging that there has been about 10-12 changes before this season new dietitian, GM, Development coach, Head of development and strength coach. Basically irrespective of whether he is there or not the pathway to getting back to being a powerhouse has started.

Yeah righto, new dietician, GM, development coach, strength coach, head of development, **** all them off cos they’re ****ed and Simpo is awesome!
The fish Rots from the head, when the **** are you mental pygmies gonna work out that Simpo is the source. FFS!

Don’t think anyone could get more/less from the available group, it’s just nowhere near an AFL 22.

But we’re sleep walking through our worst ever season on the heels of our worst ever season. Hard to be bothered if they roll the dice on a new voice.

Alternatively (which it seems they’re doing), keep him in the post to eat a mountain of s**t and the new guy gets a fresh-ish start.

Apathy isn’t really what you should be gunning for, but it’s what we’ve got.

A football side is always greater than the sum of its parts. Up until you don't have the parts to put together an actual side, and this isn't really down to injuries it's down to the makeup and quality of our list.

I think a few people rightly identify the fact that we shouldn't be as bad as we currently are and performances against GWS and Fremantle prove it. The reality is we're a bottom four side ruined by injuries and the net result is a historically uncompetitive side and you can't coach your way out of it.

West Coast does need a new set of eyes on the playing group and separately the whole football department. Getting people from outside the club to come in and independently review will go a long way in fixing our current problems before a new coach takes over.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah righto, new dietician, GM, development coach, strength coach, head of development, * all them off cos they’re ****ed and Simpo is awesome!
The fish Rots from the head, when the * are you mental pygmies gonna work out that Simpo is the source. FFS!
You’re an overt troll in this thread but let’s pretend for a second you’re not and have an actual chat about stuff.

If we sacked Simmo tonight, and replaced him with any coach of your wildest dreams, what do you think the general back end of the season would look like for us?

A football side is always greater than the sum of its parts. Up until you don't have the parts to put together an actual side, and this isn't really down to injuries it's down to the makeup and quality of our list.

I think a few people rightly identify the fact that we shouldn't be as bad as we currently are and performances against GWS and Fremantle prove it. The reality is we're a bottom four side ruined by injuries and the net result is a historically uncompetitive side and you can't coach your way out of it.

West Coast does need a new set of eyes on the playing group and separately the whole football department. Getting people from outside the club to come in and independently review will go a long way in fixing our current problems before a new coach takes over.

Sack them all for all I care but yes, agreed that quite obviously wholesale changes at a club level are needed. Coaching largely irrelevant at this point, sack him for all I care, but the best coach in the world dropped into this situation without any material change behind the scenes won’t be any sort of saviour.

The current situation is deplorable, imagine two and half more years of this.

Any young players that were any good would want to leave. Indeed, most players would want to leave if they were free to.

It is partly understandable why - because of injuries - but there must be more to it. Two and half more years of this will damage the fabric of the club.

You’re an overt troll in this thread but let’s pretend for a second you’re not and have an actual chat about stuff.

If we sacked Simmo tonight, and replaced him with any coach of your wildest dreams, what do you think the general back end of the season would look like for us?
At least it would show some change and potentially reinvigorate the team. Fans would be happy seeing something being actually done instead of the club putting their head in the sand and just claiming it's down "bad luck with injuries". Had enough of these excuses from the club the past number of years. It's a fact Simpson has produced the worst results in club history almost certainly in back to back years. In what occupation is that good enough and not deserving of dismissal?

I like Adam Simpson, seems like a genuinely good person and was a good coach for us up to 2018.

However, injuries notwithstanding the last two seasons, I’ve not seen another team consistently go missing for at least a quarter in a game as often as us Since 2018.

Any coach (and CEO for that matter) has a shelf life and to me Simmos time was up over two seasons ago.

Even before the last two injury destroyed seasons, the teams effort seems so selective. I look back to 2019 and last home and away game of the season against a team with nothing to play for (Hawthorn) while we were going for top four, and they just outworked us. It’s a constant theme and wouldn’t be accepted by other clubs and coaches.

I wish I had a dollar for how many times since 2018 I’ve heard Simmo say ‘we couldn’t sustain it’.

Look at other teams who have struggled in recent seasons, Collingwood were next to us on the ladder in 2021, and look at them now.

A new voice is needed at the top and I would thank Simmo for his work and wish him all the best.

I think we might need to take a step backwards to go forwards with the gameplan. We don't have the personel to execute a super attacking gameplan based on fast slick ball movement through the corridor at this point in time. And it would seem clear that there are a lot of players on the list nearing the end age wise and also younger players who are not going to good enough in the long run, and therefore there will be a lot of turnover of players over the next few years. What is the point of investing in teaching those guys new complex gameplan that many of them don't have the skills to contribute to anyway?

Maybe strip it back and have a gameplan based on accountability and defence first which mitigates the massive losses. Then as the situation stabilises and the quality of personel on the list (hopefully improves) we can begin to tweak it and make it more attacking if whoever the coach is at that time wants to go in that direction.

It is damaging to the club's culture and the psyche of the players to keep copping beltings. It must be much harder to develop young players. Figuring out a way to stem the bleeding, stop the beltings and make the games more competitive for longer probably needs to be the first goal before worrying about improving the win/loss tally.

Sack them all for all I care but yes, agreed that quite obviously wholesale changes at a club level are needed. Coaching largely irrelevant at this point, sack him for all I care, but the best coach in the world dropped into this situation without any material change behind the scenes won’t be any sort of saviour.
Do agree but also disagree. This year and last year you can give Simmo a free pass in terms of results but the back half of 2021 was really where the rot started. In reality the last two years are just a continued trend of 2021 exacerbated by injuries.

The real issue for me is the number of players in the 20-26 age who Simmo appears to be getting the best out off.

Why draft G Clarke and West and not play either as inside midfielders.

X ONeil, Z Trew and I Winder have all digressed from 2020/2021.

J Waterman has not improved. Rotham and Foley have not improved. Simmo keeps talking up Duggan and Cole but Duggan is probably only having his best year and he is at best a mid tier Afl player.

T Cole would be fringe at most other clubs yet he's considered a key pillar at our club.

Having said all this don't think he is a bad coach. Just think he needs to stop favouring the Senior players and start building up the mid tier level players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back