Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Venn diagram of people who think 2018 was all Sam Mitchell and assistants and the people who think Simmo is to blame for the mess of 2022 and 2023 is a perfect circle.

So why do you believe that the club coach is no longer responsible for where his team sits? It is not complicated.

The board will want to be careful here. All thinks considered the fans have a good amount of good will towards the club given the shitty situation.

Sacking Simpson and letting nizzy go on is madness. You either leave both for now until the end of the season. Sack both or get rid of Nisbett I don’t see a situation where nisbett saying with Simpson going is a good idea it really stirs the pot

Meanwhile Toddy realizing he's no longer going to be taking over from Rohan as List Manager:

Shannon Noll GIFs | Tenor

So why do you believe that the club coach is no longer responsible for where his team sits? It is not complicated.
What is not complicated is that the coach can only coach the players on the park. If the players on the park aren't ready for AFL football, they'll lose more often than not.

Noone is going to argue that Simmo doesn't hold some responsibility for the current mess we're in but sacking Simmo doesn't resolve our player availability issues.

I think the current state of disorder at the club guarantees that the WAFC will act in one direction or the other and there will be sackings at the end of the year. If you were in charge effectively (even if not actively running it), and you were dependent on royalties from the entity to fund you, and you saw this sort of disorder and chaos in front of you where not only are there factions and division, but it has descended to the point where the factions were not content to just have a battle of ideas behind closed doors and let majority rule but were actively leaking against each other and trying to white anting each other you would have to step in and act. They can't have this carry on in to next year. They will have to sack some people and bring whoever is left together so everybody is united.

What is not complicated is that the coach can only coach the players on the park. If the players on the park aren't ready for AFL football, they'll lose more often than not.

Noone is going to argue that Simmo doesn't hold some responsibility for the current mess we're in but sacking Simmo doesn't resolve our player availability issues.
Well it may not, but Simmo must wear responsibility in part for the players not being available. It's nonsensical to say that it's all bad luck. Its a collision game, and the coaches need to prepare their players to endure throughout. Something stinks at the eagles.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone explain what his credentials were to get this gig?

Can you explain how you know if Todd Nesbitt does a shit job, a good job or somewhere in between

I don’t know one way or another but simply assuming he’s no good because of his father is presumptuous

What I will say, and I’ve said this before, Toddy only showed up in recruitment videos around late 2020 (maybe later) and since then our drafting in 2021 and 2022 has been pretty solid. Now what input he’s had in those decisions is unknown outside the club but at a minimum he hasn’t ****ed things up

Can you explain how you know if Todd Nesbitt does a s**t job, a good job or somewhere in between

I don’t know one way or another but simply assuming he’s no good because of his father is presumptuous

What I will say, and I’ve said this before, Toddy only showed up in recruitment videos around late 2020 (maybe later) and since then our drafting in 2021 and 2022 has been pretty solid. Now what input he’s had in those decisions is unknown outside the club but at a minimum he hasn’t ****ed things up

Phil rates him and if you know what he thinks of Trev that's really saying something

Interesting discussion on the quarters and Barra podcast. Quarters believes there is significant division on the board, which is demonstrated by the mixed messaging around Simmo’s extended leave. He thinks that it’s either Nisbett or Simpson gone by the end of the year

Can you explain how you know if Todd Nesbitt does a s**t job, a good job or somewhere in between

Who knows. But if nepotism is involved, it needs to be thoroughly looked at. I hope there is an external review.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain what his credentials were to get this gig?

I heard he bounced around the club in a number of roles. Then landed a recruiting job.

If had the right credentials the smart choice would’ve been to step outside of his dads shadows and apply your trade at another club. The fact he didn’t and was still hired by the club is 100% nepotism.

If you move Simpson on things stay much the same. It's just a fact. It could even be detrimental to the club long term.

If you move Nisbett on then things like our relationship with the WAFC and WAFL change and a much more independent review of every element of the club will be done.

It will also likely result in the removal of some of the jobs for the boys and bring about a completely different feel at the club.

Now I'm not saying don't change both in time but I think changing 1 this year needs to happen and I know for certain which will have much more of an impact on the club and the potential changes that need to be made moving forward.

Now with a new CEO, the deadwood cut and a full preseason if Simpson and co can't show a solid improvement by the end of next year then it's time to move him on.

Guys like Gepp, Stocks and the structure of the football department would change significantly.

I heard he bounced around the club in a number of roles. Then landed a recruiting job.

If had the right credentials the smart choice would’ve been to step outside of his dads shadows and apply your trade at another club. The fact he didn’t and was still hired by the club is 100% nepotism.

I've already agreed it was a pure nepotism hire. I've just also said that he is actually very good in his role in recruiting, his relationships around the club are good and with the players are good. He also works his arse off probably because he's trying not to be seen as a nepotism hire.

If you move Simpson on things stay much the same. It's just a fact. It could even be detrimental to the club long term.

If you move Nisbett on then things like our relationship with the WAFC and WAFL change and a much more independent review of every element of the club will be done.

It will also likely result in the removal of some of the jobs for the boys and bring about a completely different feel at the club.

Now I'm not saying don't change both in time but I think changing 1 this year needs to happen and I know for certain which will have much more of an impact on the club and the potential changes that need to be made moving forward.

Now with a new CEO, the deadwood cut and a full preseason if Simpson and co can't show a solid improvement by the end of next year then it's time to move him on.

Guys like Gepp, Stocks and the structure of the football department would change significantly.
It seems like it's pretty broadly suspected that there are a bunch of 'jobs for the boys'. With that stench hanging around, it's toxic for nisbett to stay. It's all well and good when things are rolling and west coast are flying, but not when things turn

I've already agreed it was a pure nepotism hire. I've just also said that he is actually very good in his role in recruiting, his relationships around the club are good and with the players are good. He also works his arse off probably because he's trying not to be seen as a nepotism hire.

Pssst, thanks Phil - your tickets to Whore Island are in the mail.

So without scrolling through the entire thread, if Simpson was to go then who are the top 5 or so frontrunners to take over?

Hardwick (although he has said he left the tigers because he is exhausted so probably not ready to go for a little while)

Dean Cox?

Clarkson? Wouldn't assume he would walk away from north given the situation.

Don Pike? Is he still coaching somewhere after his senior stint at Adelaide?

Who else is out there that would contemplate moving west?

Sent from my SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Coxy, with pikey as senior assistant/tactical strategist.would be good.

This has been posted in the media thread but it’s relevant here also

Really good discussion with Simpson.

There’s no doubting some shenanigans going on within in the club, perhaps as high up as board level, but generally speaking I think Simpson has been as upfront as possible throughout and he’s pretty open in this interview

It’s worth the 15 minutes to listen to

This has been posted in the media thread but it’s relevant here also

Really good discussion with Simpson.

There’s no doubting some shenanigans going on within in the club, perhaps as high up as board level, but generally speaking I think Simpson has been as upfront as possible throughout and he’s pretty open in this interview

It’s worth the 15 minutes to listen to

Does Simpson also set the record straight about Toddy in the interview?

Does Simpson also set the record straight about Toddy in the interview?

No.

And in all honesty he’s well down the list of our current issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back