Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you assuming wingard will want to go to the Hawks in a couple of years because he wants to win premierships?

I assume that everyone who moves to Hawthorn does it to win premierships. But not all players have that as their number 1 priority. For some it is club loyalty. For some it is money. For some it is the lifestyle of where they are. To each their own.

But its fun to remind Port of the premiership they were meant to be getting this year.

I assume that everyone who moves to Hawthorn does it to win premierships. But not all players have that as their number 1 priority. For some it is club loyalty. For some it is money. For some it is the lifestyle of where they are. To each their own.

But its fun to remind Port of the premiership they were meant to be getting this year.
They'll be dominating you sooner than you think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait why are you still here?

Edit: also applicable to your mobs last few weeks - gws gifting you a spud in townsend doesnt count lol

Im still here waiting for any updates. This is the biggest trade of the year... everyone knew dangerfield was gone... treloar's still up in the air atm

So Hurry up with that Trade. Please

We're waiting on the Yarran deal and there may be another one with the Crows. May switch around the second round pick a little.

No you tried to shortchange us.
Pretty sure both those theories are wrong.

It looks as though both teams have been waiting for other trades to drop to get currency for a trade that both clubs deem fair.

Honestly, the whole "You are trying to short change us!", "No you are being hard to deal with!" bit is incredibly childish. Both clubs have a reasonable trade history. There's no reason to think that either club is out to screw the other (Matthews drama aside).

so GWS are sending a 2nd back (reportedly) what is their current 2nd Rd? as I can see if they get 20/21 from Carlton that that will be the one they send back (pies asked for one of those 2 in particular?)

GWS are reluctant traders. I can see them not caring what second rounder they send to Pies but Pies wanting the best one they have. GWS have 27. There is talk of Carlton trying to get 28 from Adelaide. I have a feeling GWS would have no problem forwarding 27 to Pies thus accepting 28 from Carlton to take some bodies off their list.

Cynical maybe but if they are forwarding whatever pick they get from us anyway, it doesn't help them to push us for a better second rounder. Can't see Pies calling off the deal because of it either.

This deal is pretty symptomatic of the pies a the trading table. Their style appears to be 'tough but fair' and they are willing to take all the time that is needed to get something agreed that both parties can live with. Especially when deals start to involve 3rd and 4th parties it takes time. This deal would have been done in the first week had the pies been willing to accept a lesser 2nd rounder coming back their way. They are happy to wait, however, for other deals to eventuate that will allow GWS to upgrade the pick they are sending with Treloar.

Fear not, the trade will be done and with the Freeman trade going through they can potentially conclude the deal for Aish if Brisbane accept pick 26 and the Saints future 2nd rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back