Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: This weeks Neil Craig Master Class

Ill use the bombers as an example. Same list, but under a new coach look a million bucks!

Same would be the case with us, the players are not liking the way craig tries to make EVERYTHING into a positive.

SICK TO DEATH OF IT

If we get rid of NC will anything really change though. Maybe this as much an Adelaide thing as it is coach thing. Even during the Ayres reign, apart from Roo, aggression was a rare commodity at the AFC.

We like being known as a nice club rather than a ruthless club. We need a complete change in culture not just in coach.

So, It's Craig's fault they all turned into talentless ********s? Get real. The last thing we want is the payers taking responsibility for their pathetic effort.

We just don't have enough talent. No decent picks and overloading on size has taken us nowhere.

No, what we're seeing is what happens when a group of people lack direction. We have no leadership on the field at the moment. We expect too much of players with less than 50 games experience, because the vets we have in our side are only workhorses. Im worried that some of these kids are going to burn out mentally, or break down physically, because too much is being asked of them.

It's terribly disappointing, the team looks very dispirited at the moment. Im not sure NC can really do much about it.

I will say this though - why isnt Reilly tagging Maloney?

can't blame craigy for this... We havent won the football all day - the players have been lazy and haven't run at all today... We have been absolutely pathetic and havent even looked like trying.

Lets hope we actually turn up next week so we arent the laughing stock of the afl....

Out: Henderson, schmidt, wright

in: Tambling, vince, sellar

how exactly can you not blame neil craig for this, he has been the senior coach since late 2004, he is the man responsible for the gameplan and the way it is implemented.

He along with the playing group is responsible.

So, It's Craig's fault they all turned into talentless ********s? Get real. The last thing we want is the payers taking responsibility for their pathetic effort.

We just don't have enough talent. No decent picks and overloading on size has taken us nowhere.

No, the players have been pathetic, but Neil Craig as the Senior Coach is responsible for the gameplan and the way it is implemented.

He deserves to be sacked.

If any other coach, who had been in the job for 7 years or more with limted success, team put in a woeful performance like this there would be huge questions asked about the future of the coach. This week we will get an idea of how deep rooted the AFC Boys Club really is. If Schwerdt still being at the club is an indciation, I'm betting they wont even flinch.

Wow, after this thread, I'm glad I wasn't able to watch the game.

so none of that is craigs fault? and its not his responsibility to have the team prepared, motivated and switched on?

what do you think we pay him for? ;)

I am sick of watching performances like this. This year, apart from one half against the hawks and our game against the Sts last week, we have given the same lack-lustre performance and its not good enough.

My bosses would not put up with me if I was putting in that kind of effort. I will not waste my precious weekends (of which I only get every second week) watching Adelaide play when this is the effort they put in.

Can't blame Craigy for this... we havent won the football all day - the players have been lazy and haven't run at all today... We have been absolutely pathetic and havent even looked like trying.

Lets hope we actually turn up next week so we arent the laughing stock of the AFL....

Out: Henderson, Schmidt, Wright

In: Tambling, Vince, Sellar

what you mean is you WON'T be blaming him for this.

that's you're call, but its a pretty average one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

96 point loss I generally worry that we dont seem to be learning from our mistakes. Week after week we get smashed in stoppages, our skills are poor and we get touchy feel good spin from Neil Craig

I normally stay and watch the whole game but I just could not watch it past about halfway through the third.

Even Port tried harder than we did today

I don't ever want to see us put forward another performance like today ever again.

I'm sorry Stab however there has been many non-competitive performance over the past 18 months

even the most faithful need to start asking what the hell is going on at the AFC

I can accept a loss however I can't accept spineless soft performances, Craigy needs to stop the "High Performance athletes" spin and start dealing with these players as footballers, FFS get some pride back in he jumper

I would rather risk losing a player and play unsocialable footy then to dish up that soft crap like we did today, there is no wonder why Jacobs was 2nd guessing himself today

I'm watching this game on Melbourne television - 9 mins left in the third quarter. Flicked it over to footywire to see the score.

It was FOURTEEN points at half time in what looked to be what was going to be a 5 to 6 goal loss for you guys. Was absolutely shocked to see the final score. How the hell does that happen? It's still only 7 goals the margin after half way into the third quarter.

What I wanted to post, however, was what the hell does Kurt Tippett have to do to earn a free kick from the maggots? In one piece of play he was grabbed around the neck, had his shoulder pulled, dragged to the ground, kneed in the back and NO free kick was paid. That's an absolute joke.

I'm watching this game on Melbourne television - 9 mins left in the third quarter. Flicked it over to footywire to see the score.

It was FOURTEEN points at half time in what looked to be what was going to be a 5 to 6 goal loss for you guys. Was absolutely shocked to see the final score. How the hell does that happen? It's still only 7 goals the margin after half way into the third quarter.

What I wanted to post, however, was what the hell does Kurt Tippett have to do to earn a free kick from the maggots? In one piece of play he was grabbed around the neck, had his shoulder pulled, dragged to the ground, kneed in the back and NO free kick was paid. That's an absolute joke.

we got beat by a team that played with heart.

tippett and franklin are the unluckiest players in the afl.

The bad thing is, we've had so many of these performances over the last 2 seasons, that I don't even get emotional after a loss like this anymore. You just expect Adelaide to crumble if the opposition puts pressure on, it's pathetic.

I think we need to ask one question - What does our club stand for? What is our identity?

I don't think we have an identity, and I don't think we stand for anything. Under the current regime we've very quickly becoming an irrelevance in the world of football. Poorly led on the business side, let's not talk about the football side, dwindling crowds - we're basically Port Adelaide Power wearing red, blue and yellow.

It happens every week, we have just had to get used to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back