Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: This weeks Neil Craig Master Class

No conflict at all in his message. Watched that particu;lar pressera few times. No way he is suggesting that the team play soft, weak football like we saw today. He just wants them to direct the aggression to the contest, not towards undisciplined acts.

Please, tell me where that is a problem, unless the players are too dumb to be able to tell the difference?

there is a plain conflict in the message as evidenced by all the people who haven't been able to interpret it. which includes the players, and you.

there is a plain conflict in the message as evidenced by all the people who haven't been able to interpret it. which includes the players, and you.
When I saw that press conference I nearly vomited. I'm not sure what he was trying to prove last week.

Absolute conflict in the message and I can't help but feel there is a strong relationship between the mixed message of the last week and our complete slump in attitude.

So dont hold back, please explain what is this "conflict" that you speak of? Mr "Jedi"

When I saw that press conference I nearly vomited. I'm not sure what he was trying to prove last week.

Absolute conflict in the message and I can't help but feel there is a strong relationship between the mixed message of the last week and our complete slump in attitude.

Id say he was pretty peeved that a player did a stupid hit and got himself suspended when we need that player playing for us this week. He even showed that fantastic MacKernan tackle and a few other desperate acts by our players to get the ball. How there is conflict in that message is beyond me.

I said the same thing after the Freo game. Then the port game. And vs North in the middle of last year.

Good times.

And Freo round 1 last year..

And Sydney at home last year, the images of McGlynn running into open goal after open goal..

And Carlton last year..

The Bulldogs last year..

St Kilda last year finished us off with something like an 8 goal last quarter at Etihad..

Hawks in Tassie another easy win for opposition..

And it goes on..

I agree.

You can't do the acts he was praising if you aren't aggressive and desperate, simple as that.

I agree.

You can't do the acts he was praising if you aren't aggressive and desperate, simple as that.

FFS! What is the point of being "aggressive and desperate" if all it gets you is suspended. He specifically asked for the players to be intense and aggressive BUT DISCIPLINED!!

What is the problem with that?

Anyone? Please?

It got one guy suspended, and there was a bit of bad luck involved in that (he hit him when he was low, if it was just the shoulder, would've been fine), not the end of the bloody world, and I certainly don't think it was worth making it out to be as such.

But what I'm saying is, I don't believe you can perform those positive acts that he highlighted, if you aren't playing with passion, intensity and aggression, that's all.

I was disappointed after the Freo game. I was angry after the Port game. Neither of them compared to my feelings after and during today's game.

Today's was the kind of performance that will turn supporters who were willing to continue to give Craig the benefit of the doubt against him. Today's was the kind of performance that will make the players themselves say, hell, what are we doing so wrong as a club to put out that kind of performance?! Today's was the kind of performance that makes young kids who support the Crows think, maybe my friends are right and I should support their team instead. Today's was the kind of performance that costs the club membership, sponsorship deals, attendances.

I think words like insipid, pathetic, dismal etc are thrown up way too often, particularly around here. Practically no loss goes by without someone on here using words like the above. And then a match like today's happens, and there are no words strong enough left to use to adequately describe what we were forced, as fans, to witness. Today was truly insipid, truly pathetic, truly dismal. There was no bright point in the match, no rallying of the side, no moment in which the Crows ever looked like they could win the match, no point at which they even looked like they wanted to win it, and certainly not even the tiniest moment in which they appeared to care that they were delivering such a dismal standard of play.

I still can't get my head around what I watched today. I still haven't quite figured out exactly what I feel about it. Is it possible for this one match to change my opinion on the direction the club should take? Is it enough to change my opinion on the future of certain players?

All I know for now is that I was humiliated by my club today, and it's a damn miserable feeling to be let down so badly by an entity that I love.

I was numb watching that last half train wreck.

Our players have lost NC. We were usually always competative, but there was none today. This is getting too frequent and its time for a new Head Coach.

I'm not sure your literacy standards are sufficient

after all, you don't like"no-alls". :D :p

Clearly yours aren't good enough to explain your point, because you still haven't. What Craig said was to the effect that smacking a guy in the back of the head was not tough, and then emphasised that with examples of what he deemed to be tough. It wasn't a mixed message at all, it was crystal clear.

Resorting to being a spelling nazi on an internet forum because you've got nothing else to add should earn you an instant red card.

The way our Crows played yesterday was pathetic. I wish it were a joke.

Second to the ball, missed tackles, little "toughness", little discipline.

There was scant evidence of any on- or off-field leadership to change the game, to put up any resistance.

And 3 new injuries!

:mad:

But I will be in my seat next week, cheering, believing in the boys and the coaching staff, hoping optimistically for a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way our Crows played yesterday was pathetic. I wish it were a joke.

Second to the ball, missed tackles, little "toughness", little discipline.

There was scant evidence of any on- or off-field leadership to change the game, to put up any resistance.

And 3 new injuries!

:mad:

But I will be in my seat next week, cheering, believing in the boys and the coaching staff, hoping optimistically for a win.

:thumbsu: Good to hear.

Now see, here's the thing. It's easy to grab hold of this PC and say what a mistake it was but I believe those of you LOOKING for the negatives in everything he does, take his words and twist them to suit your needs (and petty loathings). Craig clearly didn't say "I want them to play like namby-pamby boys with no physical contact whatsoever". What he DID say was that he wanted them to play tough aggressive football without being stupid and without being suspended. We missed Tambling dreadfully yesterday. Our back lines have been decimated by injury, the last thing we could afford was to have someone healthy sitting on the sidelines through stupidity.

I was disappointed after the Freo game. I was angry after the Port game. Neither of them compared to my feelings after and during today's game.

Today's was the kind of performance that will turn supporters who were willing to continue to give Craig the benefit of the doubt against him. Today's was the kind of performance that will make the players themselves say, hell, what are we doing so wrong as a club to put out that kind of performance?! Today's was the kind of performance that makes young kids who support the Crows think, maybe my friends are right and I should support their team instead. Today's was the kind of performance that costs the club membership, sponsorship deals, attendances.

I think words like insipid, pathetic, dismal etc are thrown up way too often, particularly around here. Practically no loss goes by without someone on here using words like the above. And then a match like today's happens, and there are no words strong enough left to use to adequately describe what we were forced, as fans, to witness. Today was truly insipid, truly pathetic, truly dismal. There was no bright point in the match, no rallying of the side, no moment in which the Crows ever looked like they could win the match, no point at which they even looked like they wanted to win it, and certainly not even the tiniest moment in which they appeared to care that they were delivering such a dismal standard of play.

I still can't get my head around what I watched today. I still haven't quite figured out exactly what I feel about it. Is it possible for this one match to change my opinion on the direction the club should take? Is it enough to change my opinion on the future of certain players?

All I know for now is that I was humiliated by my club today, and it's a damn miserable feeling to be let down so badly by an entity that I love.

Great post stabby, I felt like this early 2010. Nothing short of a clean out will get me to a game this year.

I felt like sending an email to the club last night but I could not come up with anything clean enough that would even get read and replied to, if I did send an email it would be a big massive rant that would be ignored.

Rob Chapman needs to come out and address supporters today, show some leadership for a change rather than hiding in St George Bank in Sydney. Does this guy even care about the club he "leads"?

Now see, here's the thing. It's easy to grab hold of this PC and say what a mistake it was but I believe those of you LOOKING for the negatives in everything he does, take his words and twist them to suit your needs (and petty loathings).

Ive got to say, im having a fairly big laugh at the thought that people are just creating negatives where they dont exist this week.

Just imagined that performance did we?

Now see, here's the thing. It's easy to grab hold of this PC and say what a mistake it was but I believe those of you LOOKING for the negatives in everything he does, take his words and twist them to suit your needs (and petty loathings). Craig clearly didn't say "I want them to play like namby-pamby boys with no physical contact whatsoever". What he DID say was that he wanted them to play tough aggressive football without being stupid and without being suspended. We missed Tambling dreadfully yesterday. Our back lines have been decimated by injury, the last thing we could afford was to have someone healthy sitting on the sidelines through stupidity.

I'm a Craig fan Jenn, and I think it was a moronic thing to do.

We didn't miss Tambling at all yesterday.

I'm a Craig fan Jenn, and I think it was a moronic thing to do.

We didn't miss Tambling at all yesterday.

Agree - we didn't miss Tambling. We missed the hardness, toughness, passion, intensity and aggression at the ball and the man that we displayed 1 week ago.

Why did Craig feel the need to do a press conference to get his message across. It's not as if the supporters were beying for blood because a couple of blokes crossed the line and got looked at by the mrp. Most supporters were thrilled with the way we played last week. Why couldn't Craig have just had a quiet word to the guys in private - ie great presuure and intensity boys, just be a bit more disciplined. The orchestrated presser with examples from the match of "good toughness" and "bad toughness" was completely unneccesary and an absolute joke. It doesn't surprise me that our "young group" was second guessing how hard they attack the contest for fear of getting suspended.

idiotic post - you're better than that.

it was only a question

I think the a near 100 point loss is completly unacceptable - no disrespect to Melbourne but to lose to Melbourne by nearly 100 points is even worse

We just appear to focusing on the symptoms of a 100 point flogging rather than the cause or remedy

Is it so hard to comprehend that Craig having such a cry about one player getting reported (for what was essentially a shove in the back gone wrong) and a couple of others being looked at for rather innocuous in play incidents, could have players worried about earning his ire and their own public lambasting if they inadvertantly overstep the mark, and lead to them second guessing themselves about how much hardness is acceptable? There were no king hits, eye gouges, squirrel grips or head butts, so why did he feel the need to make such a song and dance about it? One player was reported for a single week, and it's probably the first report we've had in around five years. Have a quiet word to the players about it at the Monday debrief and let it go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back