Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

That was just pitiful. I expected the demons to come out firing after their effort or lack thereof last week but I also expected the crows to put in SOME effort.

FFS!

The bad thing is, we've had so many of these performances over the last 2 seasons, that I don't even get emotional after a loss like this anymore. You just expect Adelaide to crumble if the opposition puts pressure on, it's pathetic.

Yep me too. And that's sad :thumbsdown:

The whole team looked liked they pissed their pants today. As soon as Melbourne started getting a run on the scoreboard you could see all the players thinking oh shit "here we go again".

I think the players looked defeated and confused as soon as this happened and they didn't believe there was anything they could do about it apart from raise that football in the air to attempt to play tempo football. You can call this whatever you like but the bootom line is the players don't appear to believe they have the abaility/game plan to stop such a run.

The responsiblity for this lies first and foremost with NC.

The whole team looked liked they pissed their pants today. As soon as Melbourne started getting a run on the scoreboard you could see all the players thinking oh shit "here we go again".

I think the players looked defeated and confused as soon as this happened and they didn't believe there was anything they could do about it apart from raise that football in the air to attempt to play tempo football. You can call this whatever you like but the bootom line is the players don't appear to believe they have the abaility/game plan to stop such a run.

The responsibility for this lies first and foremost with NC.

Exactly. Craig has this team playing Netball/basketball which would be great if we were playing those games.......all this imaginary pressure zones frontal pressures or whatever junk he comes up with means the team is adverse to everything that makes Footy just that....FOOTBALL. Not some other sport.

And the fact he doesn't like passion it reckons it's all made up you don't need it in this day and age to get up or get motivated.........let's ask Melbourne how their passion worked for them today?????:rolleyes:

Lord help us if it had been Collingwood we would have been looking at near 200 point loss.

Serious question how many times under Craig has this Club made a winning comeback after been behind after 3 quarter time???? 1 or 2 times?? could not be more, in fact i would be shocked if it were the case..........i think that hones into his lack of Match day awareness he takes too much comfort in his white-board and calculator.

Surely Simon Goodwin must be into calculations......unless of course Steven Trigg comes out to spout the usual BS about how everything is on track nothing to worry about.

After all we did come up against a Hardened football club didn't we??? :footy:

/end sarcasm.

Other words that come to mind are insipid and piss weak.

I thought a coach was meant to motivate players on matchday.

My blind dog has more motivation and courage than what the players had today.

Time to consider giving the caper away, Neil or may be a backlash from members may get the message through to the AFC.

NC wants to be the players guidance councillor when he should be their coach. I have no issue with craig continuing to do this at the club, but step aside and let a real coach take over the head coaching duties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, and not just Neil, he protege Bickley needs to go too.

And Clarke and Hart

Get some outsiders prospective on the situation. All of these guys have played under Neil or Gary and have not had a chance to see other ways to go about it

In my work place at the moment, DIVERSITY is a strong theme on how you can appeal to a wider range of customers with a DIVERSE workforce

We need some diversity to change it up. Give the players a different message

It happens every week, we have just had to get used to it.

Bullshit we have to get used to it. We need to cop a fine and come out and fire up about it, he gets smasehd EVERY ****ING week and i'm sick of it

But of course we'll go meekly and submit

I've had enough of:

1) 4 years+ of poor tackling, with opposition always able to breeze through our tackles as though they are invisible
2) Lack of physcial presence around the footy, meaning our players get beaten up more than most clubs, with little spirit allowed to be shown due to team rules. Dangerfield vs Melb in goalsquare last year was the classic.
3) Taking forever to move the footy forward, and players at halfback holding up the footy to slow the play down when down by 40+ points - WHY???
4) Poor skills and inability to punch the footy low when they kick it. Stevens, Symes, Johncock, Van Berlo are prime exhibitors of these, setting up their teammates to get crunched under the footy.
5) Chains of handballs going backwards, often handballing to teammates under pressure about to get wrapped up holding the ball
6) Craig's weekly spin during press conference: "Most exciting playing group" "hardened AFL club" etc, and players using these same buzz words during the week in interviews.
7) Frequent missing of must get goals within 30m straight in front.

I've had enough of:

1) 4 years+ of poor tackling, with opposition always able to breeze through our tackles as though they are invisible
2) Lack of physcial presence around the footy, meaning our players get beaten up more than most clubs, with little spirit allowed to be shown due to team rules. Dangerfield vs Melb in goalsquare last year was the classic.
3) Taking forever to move the footy forward, and players at halfback holding up the footy to slow the play down when down by 40+ points - WHY???
4) Poor skills and inability to punch the footy low when they kick it. Stevens, Symes, Johncock, Van Berlo are prime exhibitors of these, setting up their teammates to get crunched under the footy.
5) Chains of handballs going backwards, often handballing to teammates under pressure about to get wrapped up holding the ball
6) Craig's weekly spin during press conference: "Most exciting playing group" "hardened AFL club" etc, and players using these same buzz words during the week in interviews.
7) Frequent missing of must get goals within 30m straight in front.

You forgot:

I've had enough of:

1) AFC players standing meekly by while their teammates get drilled into the ground ie Trengoves tackle on Dangerfield.

Can't blame Craigy for this... we havent won the football all day - the players have been lazy and haven't run at all today... We have been absolutely pathetic and havent even looked like trying.

Lets hope we actually turn up next week so we arent the laughing stock of the AFL....

Out: Henderson, Schmidt, Wright

In: Tambling, Vince, Sellar

Why the **** would you drop Wright. At least he tries his guts out and has some ****ing mongrel about him

Re: This weeks Neil Craig Master Class

But this is the team of Craigs making.

After last weeks aggressive, spirited game I actually went to bed content in that I felt we had finally turned the corner. I was brought back to earth with bang during the week thanks to NC's rant....and now this soft rubbish.

Under NC, we are going further and futher down the path of mediocrity.

Oh, so Craig says he wants the players to tackle strongly and apply pressure to the opposition but not do undisciplined acts that get them suspended, and it's his fault the players are too dumb to realise they can play hard, intense, high pressure fotty without doing the type of things that got Tambling suspended?

He clearly said that he wanted them to tackle hard and apply pressure to the opposition without being undisciplined. Are you truly saying that it's his fault the players didn't maintain tackling and frontal pressure?

PLease.

Oh, so Craig says he wants the players to tackle strongly and apply pressure to the opposition but not do undisciplined acts that get them suspended, and it's his fault the players are too dumb to realise they can play hard, intense, high pressure fotty without doing the type of things that got Tambling suspended?

He clearly said that he wanted them to tackle hard and apply pressure to the opposition without being undisciplined. Are you truly saying that it's his fault the players didn't maintain tackling and frontal pressure?

PLease.

Look if you can't see the conflict in the messages Craigy is sending, I don't know what to tell you.

How do you explain todays effort?

I can't... just plain flat.

We have a few down hill skiers in our team on that effort.

Knights, Henderson, Douglas, Walker can all get f***ed for that effort today.

Sam Jacobs... well god help us if Maric is all we have in reserve. We should seriously be looking to employ some additional coaching experience into this midfield area.

Diabolical helplessness is all that could describe that area of the game today.

The season was officially buried out there today. Gone, finished, ended, finalised, kaput... there will be no way back from that for atleast another 24 months.

I have been as optimistic as anyone for a while now... but that was the worst of the very worst. I've been a diehard supporter and it's gonna take a fairt bit of die harder to get me into watching AFL next week.

No hear, no soul, no hardness...

We don't have the coaching setup... from a physical, mental, skill level perspective to get anywhere near the top 8 this year. The writing is on the wall and if massive changes aren't made by years end then whatever.

Assistant coaches shouldn't be there... the head coach is responsible for their employment.... so whatever. Get rid of all of them... there's no room for sentimental clubmen crap. The only thing Mark Bickley, Ben Hart and company have managed to convince me of is that they need to step foot into the real world doing something other than what they are doing now.

Matt Rendell needs to start looking at trade options for our talls now. That midfield effort was sickening... and we're not talking about 18 year old kids either. No excuse for that effort today. Talk about preparation... well if your players are just plain average you've got no hope... there is no premiership window with this squad... zero chance.

Look if you can't see the conflict in the messages Craigy is sending, I don't know what to tell you.

No conflict at all in his message. Watched that particu;lar pressera few times. No way he is suggesting that the team play soft, weak football like we saw today. He just wants them to direct the aggression to the contest, not towards undisciplined acts.

Please, tell me where that is a problem, unless the players are too dumb to be able to tell the difference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back