Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's just look at the reasons the Camry Crows supporters have deserted their team in droves ...

0-6

and four of those games were against teams that missed out on the finals last year.

All this after touting a top 4 finish.

Well done Mumbles, well done indeed.

Well done Jumbo :thumbsu:. You're finally starting to grasp the whole subtraction thing. Bravo!

Now have a go at this one. I know it's hard but with a little bit of application and perseverance, you can get there........

163 - 44 = ???

Mmmm is it a glimpse into the future and its the Showdown rankings??

I.E. Port 163, Crows 44??:D

Wishful thinking there Bogg. Port will just be a sad bitter memory in 10 years time :(.

Keep trying though :thumbsu:. It's free to try and everyone gets a happy sticker no matter how dumb their response :)!
That's quite the sticker collection you have then WishinAintGettin.

Like Eddie said AMMI Stadium is just not safe when port fans are around.

Citing Eddie as a source? Oh dear.

122. Why is that number sound so familiar?
I remember now. It's the record for biggest loosing margin in the AFL Grand Final.:D

Oh dear again. Now, that's funny.

122. Now that's worse. Pointing out my grammar mistakes. Is the best comeback you have. If it is I feel sorry for you.

Now it's just hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep in mind also that Saturday afternoon games are the worst timeslot for attendances for Adelaide.

Port supporters are also forgetting the infamous 2008 showdown where there was only 3,500 tickets left and yet only 31k people where there, there would have been lucky to have been 17k Port supporters there as a maximum, but as usual Port supporters typically will hypocritically bag the crows while conveniently forgetting facts.

Keep in mind also that Saturday afternoon games are the worst timeslot for attendances for Adelaide.

Port supporters are also forgetting the infamous 2008 showdown where there was only 3,500 tickets left and yet only 31k people where there, there would have been lucky to have been 17k Port supporters there as a maximum, but as usual Port supporters typically will hypocritically bag the crows while conveniently forgetting facts.

Speaking of typical hypocrites, you might like to keep in mind that every time a Port supporter mentions things like timeslots etc as reasons for low crowds they get howled down.

Speaking of typical hypocrites, you might like to keep in mind that every time a Port supporter mentions things like timeslots etc as reasons for low crowds they get howled down.

Anyone in the outer will atest it felt like a big crowd.

Generally high 40 crowds involve means to get a beer and slash in you have get to either jsut before the siren sounds. Another sign is that the mens toilets has a line outside. Both signs were there.

Members area looked a bit sparse. Lazy Cat 1 and 2 members were most of the no shows. .

Bay134 was pretty much full.

Coz even when you get good timeslots no-one turns up !

Round 22 last year ....two of your champs retiring...17000 - Saturday night

Saints here two weeks ago ...Sat night ...what was it ...23000

You can't blame time slots ... you can only blame your supporters ....;)

That sums it up. It is the "supporters" fault for the club's off field problems.

Two of the five best to ever play for the club (re Adam Kingsley comment) retire and their supporters dont bother coming to see them off.

Rnd 22 - our shit season was over and it was pissing down that night. But that wouldn't have had an impact on the crowd.

TV live against the gate on Sat night, and with rain predicted, and a long weekend (v the Saints) - none of that would have had an impact either.

Regardless, our crowds are trending up and yours are trending down. We are on the rise and you are on the nose.

Port Adelaide

23k...30k members (which included non-ticketed members...the number who can go to games is lower) = 77% of members attended the Saints match (cold night, expected loss after being thrashed by Geelong - would have only been the faithful there I think)

Adelaide

36k...46k members (who can all go to games) = 78% of members attended the Swans match (nice day, first game of the season, expected win *s*******)

So our supporters are doing just fine. Our bandwagon element won't get going until we book a finals berth (if we do).

Port Adelaide

23k...30k members (which included non-ticketed members...the number who can go to games is lower) = 77% of members attended the Saints match (cold night, expected loss after being thrashed by Geelong - would have only been the faithful there I think)

Adelaide

36k...46k members (who can all go to games) = 78% of members attended the Swans match (nice day, first game of the season, expected win *s*******)

So our supporters are doing just fine. Our bandwagon element won't get going until we book a finals berth (if we do).

Most Crows games are sell outs. When not a sell out it is "single seats only". The ability for getting a ticket is harder than it is for Port games. Our crowds are limited by having a membership that is capped by a stadium that only holds 51k people. For nearly all Crows games every seat has been paid for. Unless there are tickets availiable in the "members exchange" the General Public can not decide on the day to attend a game.

Anyone can go to the ticketing window five minutes before a Port game and attend the match.

Having the bandwagons supporters come for finals does not help the club at all. Finals are neutral venues and the AFL get most of the revenue, after SANFL take their cut.

Most Crows games are sell outs. When not a sell out it is "single seats only". The ability for getting a ticket is harder than it is for Port games. Our crowds are limited by having a membership that is capped by a stadium that only holds 51k people. For nearly all Crows games every seat has been paid for. Unless there are tickets availiable in the "members exchange" the General Public can not decide on the day to attend a game.

Anyone can go to the ticketing window five minutes before a Port game and attend the match.

Having the bandwagons supporters come for finals does not help the club at all. Finals are neutral venues and the AFL get most of the revenue, after SANFL take their cut.

Did I say this was a GOOD thing? No, having bandwagon supporters is BAD...because they not only don't attend matches, but don't even do the club the decency of purchasing a membership. :thumbsdown:

All I was trying to point out was the number of people who DO attend games is comparable with those who attend Crows matches, relative to their respective membership numbers.

Did I say this was a GOOD thing? No, having bandwagon supporters is BAD...because they not only don't attend matches, but don't even do the club the decency of purchasing a membership. :thumbsdown:

All I was trying to point out was the number of people who DO attend games is comparable with those who attend Crows matches, relative to their respective membership numbers.

Yep, it is the bandwagoners who are killing your club.

I tried to get five of my Tealster mates to go. None of them did. Yet every one of them have been to every final.

The figure may be comparable, and D_One likes to parade that about like it is a good thing. In reality that percentage of members who attend is still below the amount that need to be there to ensure the club survives financially.

Imagine our state with no Showdown:(.

Yep, it is the bandwagoners who are killing your club.

I tried to get five of my Tealster mates to go. None of them did. Yet every one of them have been to every final.

The figure may be comparable, and D_One likes to parade that about like it is a good thing. In reality that percentage of members who attend is still below the amount that need to be there to ensure the club survives financially.

Imagine our state with no Showdown:(.

Agreed. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back