Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

We should've lent them our bay covers! ;) At least they didn't flood out of AAMI like they did when the tide turned during the showdown.....but I guess thats textbook frontrunning behaviour from the camry crew!

But we're not talking about Port's crowds, we're talking about the Crows.

And how they are deserting their team...

And how crowds have dropped 15% over Neil Craig's "reign"...

And how they continue to go down alarmingly this year...

And how much lower they might be in a fortnight when you get pumped by the Kangas next week...

And how you guys are supposed to have 3 times Port's support in the state but struggle to draw 30K...

And how you can't explain it away except by deflection...

Fair-weather supporters indeed! And if you win a couple, you'll all come flooding back.

How many tickets were left unsold?
Did you do anything for your mum yesterday?
Do you think that Sunday twilight is the most favoured time?
And ...when is the last time you got 31000 to a game.

Get back to me.

This argument is so stupid. Next I guess Clarke will be giving sh!t to Ponting for only scoring 75, when Clarke got 38 himself.

Port fans, its your own clubs problem that you have about 15 fans in SA. Not Adelaides. Stop using Adelaides popularity as an excuse. Port had the majority of the fan base in the SANFL but this means nothing in the AFL. Many Port magpies fans still go for the Crows.

Even cheap shots from Chocko asking Kids to be independent and go for Port instead of Crows because "they need to decide which club is going up and which club is going down" wont help you.

I was in school when Port joined the AFL and plenty of Crows fans switched to Port, I guess its things like 119 that make your clubs supporters turn their backs.

Enjoy owing the SANFL after every home game even though your team is doing OK.

How many tickets were left unsold?
Did you do anything for your mum yesterday?
Do you think that Sunday twilight is the most favoured time?
And ...when is the last time you got 31000 to a game.

Get back to me.

So now you are saying your crowds are so far down this year because of Mother's Day, the timeslot, and a deflection AGAIN about Port Adelaide. You left out live against the gate on Foxtel and 20min delay FTA. Lucky it didn't rain, otherwise it might have only been 25K and you would have had another excuse as well.

Didn't you have these things in previous years? Didn't you ever play on Mother's Day? Didn't you ever play twilight games? Didn't you ever have members taking up spots that walk-ups couldn't access? What is different to previous years?

All of what you say are excuses, face it, you've had your showdown home game this year and your crowds are still lower than last year. And with home games against Brisbane, Geelong, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Bulldogs and St Kilda to come, do you think your crowds are gonna average 40K? 35K? 30K?

Your team is playing H&A crap for the first time under Craigy's watch, and the supporters have let everyone know how loyal they are. Leave aside the deflections, and you've got nothing.

Can you also explain why you think 17000 is better than 31000???

Easter Sunday and Mother's Day...yeah ...not excuses ... reasons.
It's not like people are saying, I don't want to go ...I am saying they are saying they CAN'T go! I have not been able to get to one game so far this year...not because I don't want to but because I can't!

There is a difference in that to "rain being predicted."

Your team is playing H&A crap for the first time under Craigy's watch

Agreed (although the last quarter was pretty to watch wasn't it :cool:), yet we still managed to get 31K to a Sunday twilight game on Mother's Day playing Richmond while being 0-6.

Just interested to know PFG what numbers do you think Port would get to a Sunday twilight game on Mother's Day playing Richmond while being 0-6?

I'll give you a hint, what crowd numbers did Poort Power get to a Saturday night game, playing last year's grand finalist while being 2-2 :eek:?

Will you answer the question? :confused:

I'd actually like the see the crowd figures for when Victorian clubs play an interstae team. It's all well and good to get big crowds to your games when there's 2 melbourne based team playing, but some of the games i've seen when there has been a melbourne team playing against port/freo/adelaide have definitely been at the lower end of the spectrum.

I'd actually like the see the crowd figures for when Victorian clubs play an interstae team. It's all well and good to get big crowds to your games when there's 2 melbourne based team playing, but some of the games i've seen when there has been a melbourne team playing against port/freo/adelaide have definitely been at the lower end of the spectrum.
Indeed - there will be lucky to be 20,000 at the Dome when we play the Kangas on Saturday night.

AFL games in melbourne with 1 non-melbourne team...

Sun 4 Apr Essendon v Fremantle Etihad Stadium 29651
Sat 10 Apr North Melbourne v West Coast Etihad Stadium 18394
Sun 11 Apr Melbourne v Adelaide MCG 23335
Sat 17 Apr North Melbourne v Sydney Etihad Stadium 23646
Sun 18 Apr Geelong v Port Adelaide Skilled Stadium 25579
Sun 18 Apr St Kilda v Fremantle Etihad Stadium 29814
Fri 23 Apr Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Etihad Stadium 26884
Sat 24 Apr Melbourne v Brisbane MCG 36396
Sat 8 May Essendon v Port Adelaide Etihad Stadium 29248
Sun 9 May Geelong v Sydney Skilled Stadium 25970

**** source: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_list

That covers every match involving a non-melbourne team played in melbourne in 2010.

AVERAGE: 26,891

Not so impressive is it.

I reckon when you take the fact Vic clubs have two teams in attendance, the Adelaide Crowds would be amongst the biggest in the land. The only rivals may be Freo and WCE when our crowd dips below 35k. And maybe Collingwood.

Maybe Port only getting 23k is not to bad. However they still pay the SANFL for the priviledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon when you take the fact Vic clubs have two teams in attendance, the Adelaide Crowds would be amongst the biggest in the land. The only rivals may be Freo and WCE when our crowd dips below 35k. And maybe Collingwood.

Maybe Port only getting 23k is not to bad. However they still pay the SANFL for the priviledge.

Freo had 38,000 when they hosted Richmond 2 weeks ago. You're not in their league Geoffa, welcome to our word mate.

Freo had 38,000 when they hosted Richmond 2 weeks ago. You're not in their league Geoffa, welcome to our word mate.

Freo and Richmond ..... two teams with near on the most loyal supporters in the country.

You should be taking note of what Freo have done with regards bums on seats.

All this squawking is useless... you cannot buy a ticket to a sold out game.
And yesterday was Mother's Day. So that accounts for that. Take a look back at Mother's Day crowds.... abyssmal.

Freo and Richmond ..... two teams with near on the most loyal supporters in the country.

And yesterday was Mother's Day. So that accounts for that. Take a look back at Mother's Day crowds.... abyssmal.

But that's the point, you've had Mother's Day crowds before, so that can't be the reason your crowds are falling quicker than Kevin Rudd's popularity!

Face it, your supporter base are downhill skiers, come along and knot when things are going ok and finals are coming, then shrink off at the first sign of a bad season.

We're on our way out of the abyss but why you bother to consistently correct people's spelling and grammar mistakes is abysmal given your own efforts.

I'm awaiting the Power's season to slide downhill later in the season as well as there already low crowds.

Unfortunately, I feel Crow's averages won't be nowhere near as high as usual if this losing trend keeps up. Top 4 yewl.

Comparing the crowds of the self-proclaimed state franchise and a suburban football club adds no weight to the argument.

What should be compared are the crowds at games against the sizes of the two clubs supporter bases, how many members they have, and how many tickets were sold for games.

On these accounts, Crows fans are showing themselves to be as fair-weather and fickle as any. And I am not saying Port fans aren't amongst the most fickle too, as they unfortunately are.

Comparing the crowds of the self-proclaimed state franchise and a suburban football club adds no weight to the argument.

What should be compared are the crowds at games against the sizes of the two clubs supporter bases, how many members they have, and how many tickets were sold for games.

On these accounts, Crows fans are showing themselves to be as fair-weather and fickle as any. And I am not saying Port fans aren't amongst the most fickle too, as they unfortunately are.

Thing is, you are not a suburban football club anymore. You are in the AFL, where the suburb you represent has no bearing on support. Look at Collingwood, they see themselves as a National club, yet "represent" an area smaller than Port Adelaide. As do most of the Vic clubs. The actual suburbs they represent are quite small.

This does not even take account of the fact that since 1997 you have been an SANFL owned franchise, that is there to be an alternative to at least 300,000 people who dont support the other SANFL owned franchise, the Adelaide Crows.

Yes we are hindered by the SANFL, but that was a condition of taking the licence. In 1994 that is what was voted for, to be under the SANFL's thumb.

Ok, you missed my point. The crows draw on 9 SANFL clubs supporters, Port draw on one. Not only that but the crows had a 6 year head start in the AFL. We definitely punch above our weight given those comparisons.

You are one of two teams in a two-team state. You should be drawing 50% of the support of the state. The fact that you don't shows what a failure your club is.

Ok, you missed my point. The crows draw on 9 SANFL clubs supporters, Port draw on one. Not only that but the crows had a 6 year head start in the AFL. We definitely punch above our weight given those comparisons.

20 years ago! Get over it its ancient history. A lot of Crows supporters (>25 years of age) would not have even been aligned to an SANFL club ever so your point is irellevant just like your club. The Crows and Port of 2010 are basically the same setup, owned by the SANFL. The only difference (as Geoffa mentioned) Port write cheques to the SANFL after each home game and can't even get sponsors for their bay covers. Plus looking at Ports 23k crowd with bay covers it looks like the SANFL are counting legs.

Have a look at the 2009 crowds, we had a good 2009 season and played the bulldogs on mothers day at 12:40 and had a crap crowd. Its the same every year Port and Crows get the worst time slots on the worst days, Crows on Sat and Fri night draw big crowds and history shows this. Unfortunately this year all we get is Easter lunch and Mothers day games against a live telecast.

You are one of two teams in a two-team state. You should be drawing 50% of the support of the state. The fact that you don't shows what a failure your club is.

Considering your team is made up of all the SANFL teams and ours is only made up of one shows what a really legitimate team we are!! That is something Crows will never be so try and get over yourself please!

Considering your team is made up of all the SANFL teams and ours is only made up of one shows what a really legitimate team we are!! That is something Crows will never be so try and get over yourself please!

Really? Do all of your players who don't play for the Power only play for one SANFL team or something? Last time I checked the setup was the same for both the Crows and the Power.

So if everything is set up exactly the same for both teams, Port Power should have 50% support of the state. They don't because they are failures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back