Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm positive that what I've said is accurate.

link

link

anytime :rolleyes:

Your links only refer to the number of sponsors, and very notably do not refer to the dollar value being increased. With the innovative advertising at home games such as riveting slogans like "Use an Aussie ATM", no wonder everyone is clambering on board. Who looks at the brand of an ATM before they use it and who cares, this is a corporate self indulgence, nothing more. Imagine the discount you had to offer to get them to sign up at the last minute.

Great to see via your link, that another one's climbed on board (WTFPac ) after the season started. Wonder how much discount they received?

I'd say the Crows are more of a firbreglass kit car.
Fragile, and put together quickly in an attempt to look like something it's not.

Very nice! :thumbsu:

Port on the other hand are like a classic ferrari. Been around forever, the best of its kind, envied by all and will only get better as time goes on! :thumbsu:

That's because they're kids (they'll follow whoever mummy and daddy follow). But when they grow up and get a mind of their own they will see the light.
Unlike Dyertribe, most people choose to support a team and stick with them. If that is who their parents went for, then so be it.

You're right, Port crowds are on the rise.

2007 - 27266
2008 - 25298
2009 - 25589
2010 - 28582

What can we take from this? Port fans don't go to the footy much when they're losing. Port fans don't go to the footy much more when they're winning. EVERY OTHER SIDE has had more people go and see them in the past three years.

But congratulations - you're off the bottom so far this year, sitting pretty at 15. Noble work you're doing.

Still shit.

Nice spin Vok, you should be a pollie!

We all know that Melbourne teams get their tyres pumped up by the other melbourne teams. If we played another SA team every other week are crowd figures would be looking pretty good too.

Thanks for playing but try again.

P.S. Is this sour grapes from round 2? ;)

You're right, Port crowds are on the rise.

2007 - 27266
2008 - 25298
2009 - 25589
2010 - 28582

What can we take from this? Port fans don't go to the footy much when they're losing. Port fans don't go to the footy much more when they're winning. EVERY OTHER SIDE has had more people go and see them in the past three years.

But congratulations - you're off the bottom so far this year, sitting pretty at 15. Noble work you're doing.

Still shit.
Thank you for agreeing with everything I've already said and emphasizing it further. There's work to be done but the improvement is there. Cheers :thumbsu:

Perhaps you can now address Adelaide's financial, attendance and on-field predicaments. Actually can you give the SA Football administrators a helping hand for the state of football in SA whilst you're at it?

Unlike Dyertribe, most people choose to support a team and stick with them. If that is who their parents went for, then so be it.

Oh please! I don't even follow the religion of my parents let alone club (or my fiance for that matter, which is a different religion again). When people grow up some remain sheep and others make decisions for themselves.

Nice spin Vok, you should be a pollie!

We all know that Melbourne teams get their tyres pumped up by the other melbourne teams. If we played another SA team every other week are crowd figures would be looking pretty good too.

Thanks for playing but try again.

P.S. Is this sour grapes from round 2? ;)

Would you like me to provide the figures for non-Victorian clubs only? Including the Rugby states that the Swans and Lions play in? I'm happy to, but I'll give the ending away now : still shit.

Every interstate club has a higher attendance that Port, including those that don't have a "Showdown" to inflate their numbers.

Do you not understand the meaning of worst?

Would you like me to provide the figures for non-Victorian clubs only? Including the Rugby states that the Swans and Lions play in? I'm happy to, but I'll give the ending away now : still shit.

Every interstate club has a higher attendance that Port, including those that don't have a "Showdown" to inflate their numbers.

Do you not understand the meaning of worst?

That's nice, but I thought you said we were last and have improved to 15th? So before you were including Melbourne teams and now you're not?

Hypocrite.

Keep on spinning! :thumbsu:

Ho hum. Irrelevant dribble as usual.

this is the problem - all the crows fans ignore the real isses while they continue living in some fantasy that they have a bottomless pit of money, an infallible supporter base and even an inept administration can't hurt them. The cracks are widening every day and you refuse to consider it might be true. That's fine, because al the Port supporters will quietly enjoy seeing the ongoing deterioration of your 'stronghold' while you continue knitting.

We have had a healthy relationship with Toyota since day one. It's obvious they are seeing a healthy return on investment which is why they are happy to continue their sponsorship with us.

Your sponsors, on the other hand, can't wait to see the back of you. And who could blame them. If you want to destroy your business, the first thing you need to do is to tarnish your brand by associating it with Port Power. That's a sure fire way to drive yourself close to bankruptcy!

your "healthy relationship" isn't and won't be enough to keep your rabble of an administration from overseeing the sinking of what should be a financial and on-field powerhouse

The best way to make yourself look like an idiot is to quote Michaelangelo Rucci. This is the same guy who said this:

As everyone can see, the guy is undoubtedly the most incompetent journalist on the planet.

Well done on wapower making himself look like an idiot by quoting a Rucci article. :thumbsu:

Rucci is only reporting what is actually happening now, which is exactly as was foretold by your club's chairman almost a year ago :eek:. You obviously think your chairman is also an incompetent idiot.

link
Adelaide chairman Rob Chapman, in his exclusive interview with the SuperFooty lift-out today, tells how the Crows' football-generated revenue is shrinking and their football costs are rising. The profit gap will be totally eroded next year.

"In terms of forecasts of our operational profit - that is the underlying football-based revenue, take out the media rights, take out the extra distributions - we have a number in the red next year," said Chapman, the BankSA managing director who is in his first year as Crows' chairman.

"That tells you something," added Chapman, highlighting the Crows need to find new revenue streams - in particular at AAMI Stadium where the SANFL is the major beneficiary of AFL games, not the two SA-based AFL clubs.

link

Looks like they've struggled to get enough people to pay for the after-match functions and/or to pay to enter the "museum" of modern failure down at AAMI, or to 'find new revenue streams'. A shit year on-field is topping it all off very nicely, isn't it?

Your links only refer to the number of sponsors, and very notably do not refer to the dollar value being increased. With the innovative advertising at home games such as riveting slogans like "Use an Aussie ATM", no wonder everyone is clambering on board. Who looks at the brand of an ATM before they use it and who cares, this is a corporate self indulgence, nothing more. Imagine the discount you had to offer to get them to sign up at the last minute.

Great to see via your link, that another one's climbed on board (WTFPac ) after the season started. Wonder how much discount they received?

whereas your links prove... oh wait

That's nice, but I thought you said we were last and have improved to 15th? So before you were including Melbourne teams and now you're not?

Hypocrite.

Keep on spinning! :thumbsu:

My apoligies Mungo, I was referring to the last three full years, not this year. As previously stated, thus far, North have had a lesser crowd attendance, on average, than Port.

So, to put it plainly without spin, in the last three years, no one has given a shit about Port. This year, no one gives a shit about Port or North.

I think my point is clear. What exactly is yours?

My apoligies Mungo, I was referring to the last three full years, not this year. As previously stated, thus far, North have had a lesser crowd attendance, on average, than Port.

So, to put it plainly without spin, in the last three years, no one has given a shit about Port. This year, no one gives a shit about Port or North.

I think my point is clear. What exactly is yours?

My point is that there would be a few more victorian teams below us if they didn't have their crowd numbers pumped up by playing other victorian teams every second week.

If you were to do a table of average crowd numbers that was exclusive to interstate games (e.g. Port v Essendon, WC v Carlton...not Essendon v Carlton) you'd get a much clearer picture.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that Port crowds are better than WC crowds atm. Port is better than WC atm as proven in round 2 but thats a whole different story! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't need links to get my point across whereas you posted links that just cast further doubt on your claims. Everyone knows that being a Port sponsor is just a matter of 'well how much can you afford to pay. $20, excellent welcome aboard, now you're a Premier Partner'.

The only one making doubtful claims is you. I stand by my comments and supported what I said with facts. You have presented nothing other than baseless assertions in some sort of attempt to refute them.

Really? Do all of your players who don't play for the Power only play for one SANFL team or something? Last time I checked the setup was the same for both the Crows and the Power.

So if everything is set up exactly the same for both teams, Port Power should have 50% support of the state. They don't because they are failures.

In fact Port are the winners here. We have about 30% of the AFL market share in SA despite comprising just 10% of the competition we left to join the AFL. That is anything but failure. In fact, I would call that a huge success. I think the AFL decision makers would agree, given they decided to give us SA's second AFL licence in preference of another composite team.

My point is that there would be a few more victorian teams below us if they didn't have their crowd numbers pumped up by playing other victorian teams every second week.

If you were to do a table of average crowd numbers that was exclusive to interstate games (e.g. Port v Essendon, WC v Carlton...not Essendon v Carlton) you'd get a much clearer picture.

Nice spin Mungo, but no matter how you look at the figures, for the past three years less people have bothered to go to a game with Port in it than any other side. The exception is this year, so far, and I've no doubt that will change soon enough.

Home games, away games, average, over all attendance, whatever you like, the figures show that no one gives a shit about your shitty club. Spin however you like, but when teams in Rugbys heartland get more bums on seats than you, your shit.

The only one making doubtful claims is you. I stand by my comments and supported what I said with facts. You have presented nothing other than baseless assertions in some sort of attempt to refute them.

Are you thick or just ignorant? You stated that it was accurate that sponsorship dollars were up. You then posted links stating that sponsorship numbers were up, not sponsorship dollars. Therefore you have proved squat. Any imbecile can increase sponsorship numbers, it's increasing the dollars that actually makes a difference.

If you genuinely believe that Port has done a good job in this regard, then you are kidding yourself. Aussie ATM was a face saving exercise, hence why it's a one year deal and happened at the last second.

Are you thick or just ignorant? You stated that it was accurate that sponsorship dollars were up. You then posted links stating that sponsorship numbers were up, not sponsorship dollars. Therefore you have proved squat. Any imbecile can increase sponsorship numbers, it's increasing the dollars that actually makes a difference.

If you genuinely believe that Port has done a good job in this regard, then you are kidding yourself. Aussie ATM was a face saving exercise, hence why it's a one year deal and happened at the last second.
Are you really that stupid to suggest that having significantly more sponsors is going to equal less dollars? I know there's not a whole lot of brain power in you Adelaide fans but this takes the cake. There's plenty of work to be done but the trend looks set upward for Port Adelaide.

I hope you're set up to deal with the declining crowds and finances. Perhaps you can take a leaf out of Port Adelaide's book and ride our coat tails in addressing problems rather than following someone else for a change. It's not like you haven't done it in the past few seasons.

Port fans talking about low crowd turn outs for another club? Fail troll is fail.

I assume that for the same reasons, West Coast fans can't have a go at any other team's on-field performance this year.

Are you really that stupid to suggest that having significantly more sponsors is going to equal less dollars? I know there's not a whole lot of brain power in you Adelaide fans but this takes the cake. There's plenty of work to be done but the trend looks set upward for Port Adelaide.

I hope you're set up to deal with the declining crowds and finances. Perhaps you can take a leaf out of Port Adelaide's book and ride our coat tails in addressing problems rather than following someone else for a change. It's not like you haven't done it in the past few seasons.

Are you naive enough to think that the reason you couldn't close sponsorship deals before the season started was because you were beating them off with a stick. You really are either very thick or just gullible.:) MyATM /Aussie ATM = last ditch effort to secure anyone.

Nice spin Mungo, but no matter how you look at the figures, for the past three years less people have bothered to go to a game with Port in it than any other side. The exception is this year, so far, and I've no doubt that will change soon enough.

Home games, away games, average, over all attendance, whatever you like, the figures show that no one gives a shit about your shitty club. Spin however you like, but when teams in Rugbys heartland get more bums on seats than you, your shit.

No, the figures show that many Melbourne teams would have lower crowds than us if they weren't being helped out by other Melbourne clubs all the time. For example....

North Melbourne vs. West Coast drew 18,000
Melbourne vs. Adelaide drew 23,000
Essendon vs. Port game only drew 29,000! Isn't Essendon supposed to be one of the powerhouse clubs of competition?

Why is it so hard for you to understand Mr. Spin?

Also despite being a rugby city, Sydney has one team (or product as the AFL would like to call it!) aimed at a population of 5 million. Brisbane has one team aimed at a population of 2 million and only one rugby team to compete with. Adelaide has just over 1 million people and Port has around 30% of the market. I think we're doing pretty well. And our numbers will only increase (as will the Crows) once Adelaide Oval is finally redeveloped. This city is in dire need of a stadium in the CBD that people can easily get to...unfortunately AAMI is in a horrible position and is generally considered to be a hole that needs a visit from Wile E Coyote and his ACME TNT collection!

Are you naive enough to think that the reason you couldn't close sponsorship deals before the season started was because you were beating them off with a stick. You really are either very thick or just gullible.:) MyATM /Aussie ATM = last ditch effort to secure anyone.
Not at all. Two years of average on field performances coupled with negative publicity will do that. How things appear to have changed in recent times :thumbsu:.

It appears that sponsors are seeing Port Adelaide as an attractive organization to be associated with. Can't say I blame them ;).

Not at all. Two years of average on field performances coupled with negative publicity will do that. How things appear to have changed in recent times :thumbsu:.

It appears that sponsors are seeing Port Adelaide as an attractive organization to be associated with. Can't say I blame them ;).

Yes because Wetpak and MY/AUSSIEATM are blue chip sponsors:rolleyes:.

North Melbourne vs. West Coast drew 18,000
Melbourne vs. Adelaide drew 23,000
Essendon vs. Port game only drew 29,000! Isn't Essendon supposed to be one of the powerhouse clubs of competition?

Why is it so hard for you to understand Mr. Spin?

Ah, the plot thickens. Looking at those figures, and considering everyone of those teams, with the exception of North, has higher crowd figures than Port, it shows that while some teams will have occasional poor turn out - due to weather, the expected quality of the game, other events - Port continually fail to get a crowd.

In fact, they are so bad that even when they play Essendon they can't get a crowd. Port is so shit that people don't even want to see thier own teams play them. If I was Essendon, I'd be asking Port to cover the loss of ticket sales due to their stench driving Essendon supporters away.

Here is the question I pose to you: When will you stop making excusses? Oh, West Lakes is not in the CBD, oh, the population is lower, oh, Melbourne teams get inflated numbers.

The facts are games with Port Power in them are the least attended games in the AFL. Even the Dockers get significantly higher crowds - without a Flag or "140 years" of no one giving a shit.

"We have 30% share of the market in SA". What, you want a medal? If you're happy with that, good for you, if you're content that the team that is 6-1 consistantly gets better crowds than you lot at 5-2, say so. Tell me, are you happy that your team has less ability to pull a crowd than a side that stuggles to beat a wet paper bag?

Discounts and desperation are always attractive to business. Can't say I blame them either. 'Premier Partnership now with a free seat covering tarpaulin, name your terms.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back