Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Do all of your players who don't play for the Power only play for one SANFL team or something? Last time I checked the setup was the same for both the Crows and the Power.

So if everything is set up exactly the same for both teams, Port Power should have 50% support of the state. They don't because they are failures.

They don't because the tingles have about 70% of the market in SA. :rolleyes:

How's your club's top 4 / 3rd premiership prediction going? Like the '19th man' campaign and horrible new logo & away jumper... it's a failure. Their feeble attempts to replicate the ideas and concepts of others is looking more sad and pathetic at every turn.

Port's corporate support is up this year - so we are turning around our performance both on and off-field, whilst your club is heading for unfulfilled expectations and it's first ever trading loss :eek:

Why is this? If Port Power were worth a pinch of shit, they would have eroded our grip on the SA football following public. They have failed thus far, and the result is those disgusting looking tarps covering half the stadium.

Your corporate support only went up because you pleaded poverty and people felt sorry for you. :thumbsdown:

You're right about our away guernsey though, ours is shithouse.

You are one of two teams in a two-team state. You should be drawing 50% of the support of the state. The fact that you don't shows what a failure your club is.
Are you really that silly to suggest that interstate people living in South Australia or access to 14 other teams means that Adelaide and Port Adelaide should have a 50/50 split of the South Australian market?

I would love to do some business with you. Going in to negotiations knowing you have an idiot sitting on the other side of the table is a fun experience.

Really? Do all of your players who don't play for the Power only play for one SANFL team or something? Last time I checked the setup was the same for both the Crows and the Power.

So if everything is set up exactly the same for both teams, Port Power should have 50% support of the state. They don't because they are failures.
It must really pain you to see that Port Adelaide signed another Premier Partner down Alberton. For such failures that act finally seems like it's coming together doesn't it.

On topic, seeing as though it's a trendy issue for Adelaide supporters to constantly raise the issue of Port Adelaide's crowds I was wondering what the turn out for Adelaide's home attendances are compared to prior Adelaide seasons?

Why is this? If Port Power were worth a pinch of shit, they would have eroded our grip on the SA football following public. They have failed thus far, and the result is those disgusting looking tarps covering half the stadium.

It's still early days in the scheme of things. We're talking about generational change. Our focus is making the most out of supporters we have in an environment that's considerably different to what it was in the 90's, not wasting time on the impossible.

Your corporate support only went up because you pleaded poverty and people felt sorry for you. :thumbsdown:

In the current economic environment, it's harder than ever to convince business to part with money. Our club has been active, innovative and relentless. It has nothing to do with sympathy - lol - what an absurd assertion.

You're right about our away guernsey though, ours is shithouse.

It's far from the only shithouse thing about your corporation right now ;)

Port fans talking about low crowd turn outs for another club? Fail troll is fail.
Is that like West Coast fans talking about other sides player culture? It doesn't surprise me that a West Coast fan would jump to the defence of Adelaide as you both understand what it's like to go on recent 6 game losing streaks - West Coast to Fremantle 2007-2010 and Adelaide 2010.

Which ever way it falls this thread is about Adelaide's "19th man" deciding that the gardening and bingo is a more attractive option than heading down to West Lakes to watch their side lose.

How's your club's top 4 / 3rd premiership prediction going? Like the '19th man' campaign and horrible new logo & away jumper... it's a failure. Their feeble attempts to replicate the ideas and concepts of others is looking more sad and pathetic at every turn.

Port's corporate support is up this year - so we are turning around our performance both on and off-field, whilst your club is heading for unfulfilled expectations and it's first ever trading loss :eek:

Are you sure about that, what's the dollar figures? You may have more sponsorship, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the actual dollar value is down.

It's still early days in the scheme of things. We're talking about generational change. Our focus is making the most out of supporters we have in an environment that's considerably different to what it was in the 90's, not wasting time on the impossible.

In the current economic environment, it's harder than ever to convince business to part with money. Our club has been active, innovative and relentless. It has nothing to do with sympathy - lol - what an absurd assertion.

It's far from the only shithouse thing about your corporation right now ;)

So innovative you only found the second sponsor at the last minute and it was a half arsed sister company sponsorship for one year only. Thanks for the spin Mr Haysman.

Are you sure about that, what's the dollar figures? You may have more sponsorship, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the actual dollar value is down.

I'm positive that what I've said is accurate.

link
The Power has this year increased its number of Premier Partners from four to six, and increased the club’s total number of corporate partners and coterie sponsors (Powerbrokers) by more than 16% to some 150 businesses and individuals.
link

So innovative you only found the second sponsor at the last minute and it was a half arsed sister company sponsorship for one year only. Thanks for the spin Mr Haysman.

anytime :rolleyes:

Innovative is letting the sponsor put their brand name in your club song!

Toyota must have had you guys bent over the bonnet of a Camry back then.

More than 70% I would think actually. Outstanding achievement in a two-team state which in theory would see each team get a 50% slice of the pie.

Unfortunately, Port Power being the failure they are can't seem to get their act together and are happy conceding their market share to the Crows so they use it as an excuse for their dismal crowd numbers.

Ho hum. Irrelevant dribble as usual.

It doesn't surprise me that a West Coast fan would jump to the defence of Adelaide as you both understand what it's like to go on recent 6 game losing streaks - West Coast to Fremantle 2007-2010 and Adelaide 2010.

And yet both clubs still get bigger crowds now than Port could ever get. I do not defend Adelaide at all, my opinions have nothing to do with them.

My opinions are based on my unbridled hatred of the joke of a club that is Port Adelaide. 30k fans is a success? GG, 30k a Subi means crisis talks. A pathetic supporter base for a pathetic club.

Port Adelaide - 5 wins, 2 losses, average crowd of 28582
Adelaide - 1 win, 6 losses, average crowd of 32446
West Coast - 2 wins, 5 losses, average crowd of 32636

If this is what it's like when the supporters are leaving, how much better are they when they are in the same position as Port is now? The only team that people have less interest in is North.

To quote a great man "Port fans talking about low crowd turn outs for another club? Fail troll is fail."

More than 70% I would think actually. Outstanding achievement in a two-team state which in theory would see each team get a 50% slice of the pie.

Unfortunately, Port Power being the failure they are can't seem to get their act together and are happy conceding their market share to the Crows so they use it as an excuse for their dismal crowd numbers.

Crows blues - in red

REMEMBER you read it here first . . . the Adelaide Football Club for the first time in 20 seasons could report a loss this year, after failing to turn a six-figure profit last year.
So it's still just a Port Adelaide problem hey Sekaj? You must like repeatedly making yourself look like an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Innovative is letting the sponsor put their brand name in your club song!

Toyota must have had you guys bent over the bonnet of a Camry back then.

We have had a healthy relationship with Toyota since day one. It's obvious they are seeing a healthy return on investment which is why they are happy to continue their sponsorship with us.

Your sponsors, on the other hand, can't wait to see the back of you. And who could blame them. If you want to destroy your business, the first thing you need to do is to tarnish your brand by associating it with Port Power. That's a sure fire way to drive yourself close to bankruptcy!

So it's still just a Port Adelaide problem hey Sekaj? You must like repeatedly making yourself look like an idiot.

The best way to make yourself look like an idiot is to quote Michaelangelo Rucci. This is the same guy who said this:

Michelangelo Rucci in 2006 said:
Who knows what can be made of the strapping body Ryan Willits carries

And Williams did not give Josh Carr's No. 9 guernsey to James Ezard for no reason.

2006 was not a premiership season for Port Adelaide. It was a pre-season to a premiership campaign that could take two or three years to fulfil.

As everyone can see, the guy is undoubtedly the most incompetent journalist on the planet.

Well done on wapower making himself look like an idiot by quoting a Rucci article. :thumbsu:

And yet both clubs still get bigger crowds now than Port could ever get. I do not defend Adelaide at all, my opinions have nothing to do with them.

My opinions are based on my unbridled hatred of the joke of a club that is Port Adelaide. 30k fans is a success? GG, 30k a Subi means crisis talks. A pathetic supporter base for a pathetic club.

Port Adelaide - 5 wins, 2 losses, average crowd of 28582
Adelaide - 1 win, 6 losses, average crowd of 32446
West Coast - 2 wins, 5 losses, average crowd of 32636

If this is what it's like when the supporters are leaving, how much better are they when they are in the same position as Port is now? The only team that people have less interest in is North.

To quote a great man "Port fans talking about low crowd turn outs for another club? Fail troll is fail."
My heart bleeds for you. It's funny watching the gradual change in position of West Coast and Fremantle. Fremantle is now playing great football and performing off the field. They can hang their hats on being an allround healthy club. West Coast sooks like you are now hanging your hat on off-field performance.

I feel a "Hey Woosh" coming on....

The best way to make yourself look like an idiot is to quote Michaelangelo Rucci. This is the same guy who said this:

As everyone can see, the guy is undoubtedly the most incompetent journalist on the planet.

Well done on wapower making himself look like an idiot by quoting a Rucci article. :thumbsu:
So incompetent that you felt the need to ignore his words and position on the state of football financials in South Australia hey Sekaj.

So incompetent that you felt the need to ignore his words and position on the state of football financials in South Australia hey Sekaj.

Rucci is just an incompetent buffoon. Everyone should just ignore what the slimy creep writes.

Who knows what can be made of the strapping body Ryan Willits carries

Tell me wapower, what do you make "of the strapping body Ryan Willits carries"?

My heart bleeds for you. It's funny watching the gradual change in position of West Coast and Fremantle. Fremantle is now playing great football and performing off the field. They can hang their hats on being an allround healthy club. West Coast sooks like you are now hanging your hat on off-field performance.

I feel a "Hey Woosh" coming on....

My position has nothing to do with Fremantle either (also with significantly higher crowds than Port). Port fans have a go at other clubs crowd figures. Port has the second worst turn out of fans in the game. Port fans then try to deflect the conversation to cover different topics to hide how shit their club is.

Breaking new - Port are still shit and there is still no one going to their games.

Yeah nice try.....but the foundation of SA footy is hardly built on two teams.

We all know that things go back further than before either side entered the competition. Because Port was such a dominant force in the SANFL there is a divide between Port supporters and everyone else who hates (read: jealous of) Port Adelaide. There are very few people who truly followed Sturt/Norwood/Glenelg/North Adelaide (and the rest) that would go for Port because they are still jealous and stuck in yesteryear.

So in fact Port is one club out of nine/ten and commands 30% of the market. And this number is only going to rise in the next 20 years when half of your supporter base dies and the kids of today (who won't be prejudiced by SANFL history) start buying memberships.

And this number is only going to rise in the next 20 years when half of your supporter base dies and the kids of today (who won't be prejudiced by SANFL history) start buying memberships.
Is that so?

"Seek the Power, Choco tells kids"
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=93434

Even kids don't want to be seen wearing Port Power colours. Can you blame them? It's like pulling up next to a Statesman in a battered Hyundai Excel.

Rucci is just an incompetent buffoon. Everyone should just ignore what the slimy creep writes.

Tell me wapower, what do you make "of the strapping body Ryan Willits carries"?
He was a strapping young man. He's also a past player and I hadn't thought about him in years.

As for you calling Rucci and incompetent buffoon. Weren't you the guy who said Mark Williams would not have his contract renewed and still remain true to that position?

My position has nothing to do with Fremantle either (also with significantly higher crowds than Port). Port fans have a go at other clubs crowd figures. Port has the second worst turn out of fans in the game. Port fans then try to deflect the conversation to cover different topics to hide how shit their club is.

Breaking new - Port are still shit and there is still no one going to their games.
I've never squirmed away from the fact that I don't enjoy Adelaide based Port Adelaide supporters not getting to home games. Which ever way you look at it Port Adelaide's 2010 crowds are on the rise and Adelaide's crowds are on the decline.

Even kids don't want to be seen wearing Port Power colours. Can you blame them? It's like pulling up next to a Statesman in a battered Hyundai Excel.

I'd say the Crows are more of a firbreglass kit car.
Fragile, and put together quickly in an attempt to look like something it's not.

Is that so?

"Seek the Power, Choco tells kids"
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=93434

That's because they're kids (they'll follow whoever mummy and daddy follow). But when they grow up and get a mind of their own they will see the light.

Have you made every decision in your life based upon what mummy and daddy want?

Which ever way you look at it Port Adelaide's 2010 crowds are on the rise and Adelaide's crowds are on the decline.

You're right, Port crowds are on the rise.

2007 - 27266
2008 - 25298
2009 - 25589
2010 - 28582

What can we take from this? Port fans don't go to the footy much when they're losing. Port fans don't go to the footy much more when they're winning. EVERY OTHER SIDE has had more people go and see them in the past three years.

But congratulations - you're off the bottom so far this year, sitting pretty at 15. Noble work you're doing.

Still shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back