List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Sloane to half forward happens, everything about it makes sense. He’s got the attributes to play well there, the forward line probably needs a veteran presence without Lynch and Walker will probably miss games outside of his suspension, and Pedlar, Berry and whatever mid we most likely draft absolutely cannot spend another season plugging a hole at half forward.

I always felt we judged Troy harshly; he had a shocking run with us - several concussions and constant SANFL byes meant he never had any ‘continuity’ but wasn’t useless when he played at AFL level.

Appears the rest of the league agreed with us though so what do I know.

Our use of him was strange to say the least.

We paid a fair bit for him in 2015
Then refused to play him in 2016
He played a decent first up game in 2017, but was dropped the following week
After playing three more games, he was delisted with a year remaining on his contract

I know he liked to drink on the weekends (ditto his brother), but I'm guessing training standards were the big issue.

A lot of younger/fringe players seemed to fall through the cracks under Pyke, starting with Jaensch's sudden retirement in early 2016.

He’s right. Played as a permanent half forward, I could see him easily at 1.5 to 2 goals per game

he’s smart, ultra competitive and good overhead
I think getting regular goals wouldn't be his issue, but you probably need a couple of bags of four or five in a year to get to 40+, and I can't see him doing that.

Still, absolutely should happen.

Rendell has lost his marbles is a narrative code a few use to explain away the difference between his opinion and theirs

he’s always been a great judge of talent and I’ve not seen anything to change my mind
Something something Shaun McKernan

Though that bloke could have been anything had it clicked.

Can someone clarify, I was half listening while doing something.

He was asked about Francis and Dumont separately, on Francis he basically said not interested, sticking with the rebuild. On Dumont just deflected and said that's a question for trade week.

Dumont is a free agent but do we have a list spot for him?

Can someone clarify, I was half listening while doing something.

He was asked about Francis and Dumont separately, on Francis he basically said not interested, sticking with the rebuild. On Dumont just deflected and said that's a question for trade week.

Dumont is a free agent but do we have a list spot for him?
No, Francis they don’t discuss contracted players. Dumonts a discussion for after trade period but didn’t sound too interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Francis they don’t discuss contracted players. Dumonts a discussion for after trade period but didn’t sound too interested.
Really dont want either.. but out of the two I’d rather Francis than Dumont.

But if he used the “we dont discuss contracted players” comment… then maybe they are considering/in discussions with Francis?..

If they had no interest at all in francis why wouldnt they simply say “No, not looking at Francis”…

God I hate the beating around the bush BS of trade discussions!… just keeps us plebs guessing/worrying/wondering.

but still, I absolutely love the way the club is now dealing with this trade issue by pretty much engaging complete “radio silence”.. refreshing after the Gibbs debacle..

They’ve finally shown that they have learnt from their past mistakes.. and are far more professional in their approach.

While he didn't categorically say these things my main takeouts were:

We won't be trading or splitting pick four. We value the top end of the draft.

We should be able to get the Dawson deal done with 23 as the basis and probably some other swaps. I say that because of the above. They all talk like this but he seemed confident it would get done.

We won't be trading any of next year's picks. I think we value next year's picks more than this year. I say that as there is a fair bit of unknown with this year draft. He also mentioned progress isn't always liniear which says to me he doesn't want to trade away next year's picks as while he would never admit it, he thinks there is a chance we could slip back or at least stay about the same ladder position.

We have some interest in Dumont but not super keen. I think it will depend on what picks we have left at the end of the trade period. He would be better than a late pick.

I think there are so many unknowns with this year's draft that we might be just as likely to take a risk on Davis for another year than a late draft pick or rookie spot.

I might be reading too much into some of what he was saying but that was my takeouts.

Really dont want either.. but out of the two I’d rather Francis than Dumont.

But if he used the “we dont discuss contracted players” comment… then maybe they are considering/in discussions with Francis?..

If they had no interest at all in francis why wouldnt they simply say “No, not looking at Francis”…

God I hate the beating around the bush BS of trade discussions!… just keeps us plebs guessing/worrying/wondering.

but still, I absolutely love the way the club is now dealing with this trade issue by pretty much engaging complete “radio silence”.. refreshing after the Gibbs debacle..

They’ve finally shown that they have learnt from their past mistakes.. and are far more professional in their approach.
He has to say that about Francis if he's not interested because if he only uses that line for the contracted players we are into, its a give away that we are into them.

We should be able to get the Dawson deal done with 23 as the basis and probably some other swaps. I say that because of the above. They all talk like this but he seemed confident it would get done.

We won't be trading any of next year's picks. I think we value next year's picks more than this year. I say that as there is a fair bit of unknown with this year draft. He also mentioned progress isn't always liniear which says to me he doesn't want to trade away next year's picks as while he would never admit it, he thinks there is a chance we could slip back or at least stay about the same ladder position.

We have some interest in Dumont but not super keen. I think it will depend on what picks we have left at the end of the trade period. He would be better than a late pick.

I think there are so many unknowns with this year's draft that we might be just as likely to take a risk on Davis for another year than a late draft pick or rookie spot.

I might be reading too much into some of what he was saying but that was my takeouts.
Certainly didn't sound at all interested in either player mentioned was my take.

Matt Crouch's re-signing surely puts the line through players of Dumont's ilk?

I agree with this. That’s how I read it too.

Don't know enough about Dumont to judge, but I understand he is a UFA, so we could get him for nothing. However, we would be a net FA of zero, so would lose the Kelly compo pick.
So if we did want him, we would likely want to do a token trade (e.g. swapping our pick 63 with their 69) like the Hawks did with Harto.
Dumont is an honest trier but he is surplus to our needs. Laird, Keays and Crouch are all very similar types plus we have Schoenberg and, hopefully, Pedlar and Berry getting considerable mid time next season and he can't play HF like Sloane can either. I can't see any use for him beyond depth.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Back