Crows logo survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Since it was introduced I have hated our current logo. I have felt embarressed that we have such an eyesore representing our proud club. Feeling pride in your football clubs jumper, logo, colours, appearance.. its all related. So natually, i would like to see it changed. Maybe im not alone in that category, or maybe a large majority dont care about that kind of stuff so long as the team wins. But I suggest, why not have both. This thread is to poll the afc board on their thoughts with a few options that have caught my eye and also include the current logo for reference.

Option 1.
unnamed.png
Option 2.
images (1).png
Option 3.
images.png
Option 4.
images (2).jpg
Option 5. (Bottom image)
images (3).jpg
Option 6 (former logo)
images (4).jpg
Option 7 (current)
unnamed.gif

Since it was introduced I have hated our current logo. I have felt embarressed that we have such an eyesore representing our proud club. Feeling pride in your football clubs jumper, logo, colours, appearance.. its all related. So natually, i would like to see it changed. Maybe im not alone in that category, or maybe a large majority dont care about that kind of stuff so long as the team wins. But I suggest, why not have both. This thread is to poll the afc board on their thoughts with a few options that have caught my eye and also include the current logo for reference.

Option 1.
View attachment 260359
Option 2.
View attachment 260360
Option 3.
View attachment 260361
Option 4.
View attachment 260362
Option 5. (Bottom image)
View attachment 260363
Option 6 (former logo)
View attachment 260364
Option 7 (current)
View attachment 260365
uploadfromtaptalk1466845382931.jpg

Im not totally against ours now. I don't think we should go the traditional route.
It needs to be an angry mother trucking Crow swooping or about to peck an eyeball out.
Think of cd art from metal bands like cannibal corpse and dying foetus metalocalyse styles.

Or focus on a murder like our TV campaign. Many Crows making a Crow or something of that nature

Viewer discretion required...

What about option 8 : None of the above / something else?
Hate the current logo but yet to see a proposal to get excited about. You see some cracking jumper concepts on the graphic design board at times, but no one has been able to nail the logo IMO.

Would love to see some of the rejected concepts from the last rebrand to see if there was anything decent.

Not exactly related but sort of

I like our pre game display of crows on the big screen, but the bit they've taken out since PW is the best bit - when the crow looks up, opens its eyelid and its eye is in the crows colours

They need to bring that back

None of the above.

not a fan of the fake heritage logos, feels like we are trying to prove a point to port supporters.

I'd just give the current logo a facelift, I'm not a fan of logo overhauls, it's bad for the brand.

Reduce the amount of colours in the current logo to our 3 colours, keep the shape but remove the gradients. Change the font to a less cartoony font, make it more professional and serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of the above.

not a fan of the fake heritage logos, feels like we are trying to prove a point to port supporters.

I'd just give the current logo a facelift, I'm not a fan of logo overhauls, it's bad for the brand.

Reduce the amount of colours in the current logo to our 3 colours, keep the shape but remove the gradients. Change the font to a less cartoony font, make it more professional and serious.
My take on your second line there is that this has nothing to do with port. More about how we want to present our club. And I would love something more traditional. Its worked for our clash guernseys. Theres also nothing fake about it, weve been using it for quite a while now. So the club obviously has no problems using it, its even our sanfl logo.

My take on your second line there is that this has nothing to do with port. More about how we want to present our club. And I would love something more traditional. Its worked for our clash guernseys. Theres also nothing fake about it, weve been using it for quite a while now. So the club obviously has no problems using it, its even our sanfl logo.

to me it's trying to look like we aren't a club that started in '91

I think because the first is already our 'Emblem'(?) it won't be ever be used as our AFL logo, also a bit too traditional for a modern day AFL logo.

Only good basic designs here imo are options 3 and 4 but both would need to be upgraded on current form to make them acceptable and the change over necessary. I hate the current logo but it would be a waste of time if we can't find a good alternative.

Here we go again, our current logo is great.
I love our logo.

A few months has passed since we started wasting time on this crap, so here we go again.

If you like the current logo then by all means say so, but don't tell others what they can and can't discuss based on what matters to you.

I'm not really too fussed about any of those. I'm not a fan of the logo on my Crows polo, I would like a toned down smaller version to be able to buy, it feels like an oversized cartoon to me, maybe I just don't fit into the right demographic now!

image.png image.png

image.png
These seem a better size/design.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.png
    image.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Football Club Logo