Adelaide Football Club Logo

Crows logo survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I also hate our current logo, and refuse to buy any merch with it on. I hope they change it soon!

My thoughts exactly. When I popped into Crow-Mania after watching a pre-season training session, I only saw a few items I'd even consider buying.

I'd like to see us use a design based around what's on some of our training gurnseys.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I like our current logo, I think it looks even better on stuff like the hats when its less colourful and without the text.

If we were to change, I'd like to see the club just darken it up and slightly change some of the lines to toughen it up a bit.

Option 1 has its place, but one of the competitions newest clubs having one of the most traditional logos doesn't feel like a natural fit to me.

Some of the others we have seen with the crow flying or swooping etc. look nice as one-off images, but probably aren't versatile enough to be a logo. Take a look at the AFL website, pretty much all of the club logos are a similar height/width ratio and have the bulk of the image in the centre, not white space in the middle and stretching out. Those flying logos would look tiny when scaled down to the same size as the other clubs logos (AFL website, ladders, TV etc.)

I agree with the op. I bloody hate our logo and refuse to buy anything with it visible. It's a real pity as I would love a polo for work or just a nice t shirt but that raptor looks shocking and cheap. Would much prefer the design from the training Guernsey or the option 1

image.png

IMO an option of this simple logo on our supporter tops/caps would be good. If you are wearing most items from crow mania there is no doubt what club you are supporting, the huge crow logo with Adelaide Crows written underneath is overkill.

Option 1 simply because it has the most relevance in our club. The alternative options (not including option 6 and 7 - our previous and current logo) really don't resonate with the Adelaide Football Club, probably because there isn't a proper brief or thought process behind them. Our logo is not the entirety of our brand but rather an embodiment. What do we want to stand for? How do we want to be perceived? These are the questions we should be asking in this process. In a word, I want our club to be perceived as one that is "authentic."

Option 1 simply because it has the most relevance in our club. The alternative options (not including option 6 and 7 - our previous and current logo) really don't resonate with the Adelaide Football Club, probably because there isn't a proper brief or thought process behind them. Our logo is not the entirety of our brand but rather an embodiment. What do we want to stand for? How do we want to be perceived? These are the questions we should be asking in this process. In a word, I want our club to be perceived as one that is "authentic."
Thats exactly my sentiment. And option 1 has been resonating with me the past few weeks.

Thats exactly my sentiment. And option 1 has been resonating with me the past few weeks.
I love the AFC monogram as well. Even if we were to do a more contemporary version of it I think it would work well and align with what we are trying to achieve as a club. The thing is, just because we are the Adelaide Crows, the Crow itself does not need to appear in the logo, it can be used as a brand device across merch etc. exactly as our training singlets do. There's so much potential with the brand but it is certainly a big job.

I love the AFC monogram as well. Even if we were to do a more contemporary version of it I think it would work well and align with what we are trying to achieve as a club. The thing is, just because we are the Adelaide Crows, the Crow itself does not need to appear in the logo, it can be used as a brand device across merch etc. exactly as our training singlets do. There's so much potential with the brand but it is certainly a big job.
Certainly but I think its worth doing. What we do now could last 30 or 50 years. Much rather something like option 1 standing the test of time.

Want to be perceived as authentic with a Latin motto? - Natus Ad Magna Gerenda.
That's a little too much of a wank for me.
Even the AFC lettering in that monogram doesn't look right.
Our old logo (number 6) was fine. Can someone tell me what was wrong with it?
I'd pretty much take anything over our current logo though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were also some good options and discussion in the previous threads where this has been raised before:

I refuse to buy any Crows merchandise that has the Baltimore Raven on it and I think it looks cheap and childish, and most people my age (37) I speak to have a similar view.

Maybe this can be tabled at the next Big Footy catchup with Fagan, or Fagan's next pub catchup with Melbourne supporters?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...rked-well-for-the-new-clash-guernsey.1119105/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-crows-logo-thread.1080176/

Option 1 is nice but you have to be able to put it on hats, key rings, badges and so forth so you have to have something simple with less going on. That's not it.

I like option 3 and I think it's a stand out. Dont like our current one and agree that our old one is dated

There were also some good options and discussion in the previous threads where this has been raised before:

I refuse to buy any Crows merchandise that has the Baltimore Raven on it and I think it looks cheap and childish, and most people my age (37) I speak to have a similar view.

Maybe this can be tabled at the next Big Footy catchup with Fagan, or Fagan's next pub catchup with Melbourne supporters?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...rked-well-for-the-new-clash-guernsey.1119105/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-crows-logo-thread.1080176/

It was discussed this year and while Fagan acknowledged it, he did point out that there is a cost involved in replacing the logo, so it will remain for the next couple of years as there are other priorities the club is working towards. It's not just a simple matter, you have to consider replacing a lot of things which have the branding on them. Listening between the lines and from my own memory of last time the logo change occured, the AFL is heavily involved in the logo design being approved. The club is getting around it in other ways as they have acknowledged that some fans are not happy about it in that you see that the raven head is minimised on most merchandising already.

Most of the merchadising is not supplied or designed by the club. The ones shown in this thread are AFL approved ones that are almost the same for every AFL team, so the club has very limited say in how they turn out. That crow that is used in the background on our training guernseys is also used on the background of letters from the club. I get the feeling that that crow will be our new logo in a couple of years time.

There is also a huge increase in using the we fly as one branding now (which isn't applicable so much for merchandising).

Voted for number 3 because it's my photoshopped version of the Austin Crows logo. I still think it looks great. We could easily get professionals to make a logo similar to that which would look even better.

Want to be perceived as authentic with a Latin motto? - Natus Ad Magna Gerenda.
That's a little too much of a wank for me.
Even the AFC lettering in that monogram doesn't look right.
Our old logo (number 6) was fine. Can someone tell me what was wrong with it?
I'd pretty much take anything over our current logo though

It's the best of a bad bunch in my opinion but it's much more fitting than our current solution. I think a more contemporary AFC monogram would be great and align with our values as a club. Our merch would look classy to the point where you could actually wear it on a day other than gameday.

Our old logo was fine, it was in need of a typographic update at the least though. It's healthy for brands to conduct audits of their market position and I think with the introduction of our new logo was targeted at a younger demographic, trying to reduce the effect of an ageing fan base. Unfortunately it hasn't been well received – mostly due to the fact it looks rubbish and perpetuates the perceived view of us being "plastic."

My thoughts exactly. When I popped into Crow-Mania after watching a pre-season training session, I only saw a few items I'd even consider buying.

I'd like to see us use a design based around what's on some of our training gurnseys.

View attachment 260478 View attachment 260479

Someone did this one I quite like

94558_bd228ed4dbc5fc2049be1dd9a509f427.png

Option 1 is horrible. It looks like a bad parody of Port and is contrived. Option 3 is the best of a mediocre selection, but I would not want it as a logo.

We need a realistic and menacing looking Crow. Bold, defiant and proud. Collingwood's Magpie is a good example of such a logo.

No more Mickey Mouse cartoonish images. I like the Crow we show on the big screen prior to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Football Club Logo

Back