Adelaide Football Club Logo

Crows logo survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This. I hate our logo, but most of the alternatives that get posted are also very average.

Yep, we might see some decent ideas posted up, people seem to love them, say its better than the existing logo etc., but realistically I don't think I've seen anything that is genuinely a better logo and could replace what we have tomorrow, or even comes close. If the club released one of the better suggestions they'd be just as disliked as the current one.

Many of the alternatives look OK as a large image on screen, but they are not thought out as far as using them at small sizes on things like the AFL website, tv broadcast, ladder position etc. (for example anything with the wings spread out with no real weight in the middle loses all detail at small sizes). Or on merchandise, in different colours (all black cap for example).

I don't love our logo either, If we are not planning to completely rebrand, I would be pretty happy with them re-shaping it a bit to toughen it up, simplify it and darken the colours a bit. I think they have been doing this a little (the one in my avatar I think is OK) and we are starting to see more merchandise with just an outline or single colour.

If we are going to replace it, it will have to be done properly.

Last edited:
Personally i want a logo that's traditional, much like the first option, traditional and connects to the spirit of the game in our state whilst portraying a real sense of identity. To corporatized these days, needs to go back to tradition.

I know I've posted these over on the FJGD board but I figured that I'd post them here as well. At the end of last season played around with a shield concept that used solely existing imagery that draws from the past, personally I like the red based ones best.
I would love to have a go at creating a new crow based logo but I'm not sure whether to go for a flat design like the old logo or a more 'american' style like the current one. I feel like a modernisation of the classic crow should be what I'm going for but I'd like to know what some other crows fans think.
nrEvXKn.png

I know I've posted these over on the FJGD board but I figured that I'd post them here as well. At the end of last season played around with a shield concept that used solely existing imagery that draws from the past, personally I like the red based ones best.
I would love to have a go at creating a new crow based logo but I'm not sure whether to go for a flat design like the old logo or a more 'american' style like the current one. I feel like a modernisation of the classic crow should be what I'm going for but I'd like to know what some other crows fans think.
nrEvXKn.png
Top right is growing on me. Id move the navy blue curve down a fraction to increase the navy section.
And maybe FC instead of football club also add in est 1990.

nrEvXKn.png
Mate, they are bloody awesome. I actually really like all of them and would def prefer any of them to what we now have. I like the bottom and the middle the most. Well done.

nrEvXKn.png
I like all of them, well done.

nrEvXKn.png

You've done a really nice job mate. They would serve as a great springboard in the concept stage.

It just doesn't seem to relate to us in anyway, we are established 1991 not 1891.
Fair enough! I don't think shields are explicitly for pre 1900 organisations though. Perhaps a contemporary take on an old concept would work well? It would certainly position as us an actual football club rather than a "franchise" without exaggerating our history.

I'm certainly not saying we should definitely have a shield, because an exhaustive audit is needed before any design takes place, but I would certainly like the designers/club to look at it as an option.

Fair enough! I don't think shields are explicitly for pre 1900 organisations though. Perhaps a contemporary take on an old concept would work well? It would certainly position as us an actual football club rather than a "franchise" without exaggerating our history.

I'm certainly not saying we should definitely have a shield, because an exhaustive audit is needed before any design takes place, but I would certainly like the designers/club to look at it as an option.
I would much rather have a logo as our go to main thing, but if we have to have a shield so be it, but I wouldn't buy anything merch with it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would much rather have a logo as our go to main thing, but if we have to have a shield so be it, but I wouldn't buy anything merch with it on.

Understandable. I think we need a much bigger shift than just changing the logo though. I think we need an entire brand audit, even our membership packs and annual publications are quite gimmicky and not reflective of a professional club - merch and apparel included.

nrEvXKn.png
Our colours are far too garish to create a logo that tries to balance all of them.

nrEvXKn.png

I'm not really into the shield for us. I really like your avatar fancyscum, i'm no graphic designer and I might be way off of the mark but i like the simplicity of it.
What would it look like with just a capital A in a "tough" font or AFC in the large blue section, or even the layered AFC like the shields above?

I don't know if "The Crows/Adelaide Crows" stuff is something I can see the club moving away from, a logo that presents us as the AFC or Adelaide Football Club would be a huge shift.

What would it look like with just a capital A in a "tough" font or AFC in the large blue section, or even the layered AFC like the shields above?
A 'tough' style typeface wouldn't look too great on a shield in this style as the shield really is a bit too elegant for it, and just a couple of letters wouldn't really balance too well. As well the font here was meant to be similar to the one from the original shield logo that the club had.

I don't know if "The Crows/Adelaide Crows" stuff is something I can see the club moving away from, a logo that presents us as the AFC or Adelaide Football Club would be a huge shift.
You're right, there is no way that they would. I think the club needs a proper rebrand though and Changing the name to just 'Adelaide' is something that should be part of that imo.

Love this logo! might try sticking my crow in the shield somehow once it's done.

nrEvXKn.png
No offence, but not a fan of any of them to be honest.

Top right is growing on me. Id move the navy blue curve down a fraction to increase the navy section.
And maybe FC instead of football club also add in est 1990.
Wouod look better if Porsche were our sponsor.

I like the top left one the most. But would like to see it with yellow instead if red as the backgound colour to the crow And the crow e8ther boack or rark blue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nrEvXKn.png
I see a lot of potential here, but I don't love any of these as they are. Nice job though.

I know everyone hates being told how to design stuff - and quite rightly - but the shape of that shield absolutely has to go. Using the shape of the shield in our original logo could be an interesting way to nod to the heritage and make the shield relevant. Only way we could use a shield IMO.

I also think you've gone with the "BLK" colour palette, it certainly looks sharp and translates well on screen but its still not right, still not the club's colours.

fancyscum rather than just give orders I decided to knock something up. Just copying the original with the new "We Fly As One" crow:

AsAX06d.png

Or with yellow:

efBYUJQ.png

typeface choice and sizing could do with a lot of refinement and obviously the crow needs cleaning up but I don't mind where this could go tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Football Club Logo

Back