Adelaide Football Club Logo

Crows logo survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick mock up combining the two images which actually have the potential of being enduring links to our club - the AFC monogram and the #weflyasone crow.

yfwtdOz.png

The only other lasting image would be the tri-colour hoops. Putting the #weflyasone crow in a shield with the tricolour hoops in the background is another idea but one I'm probably not skilled enough to execute.

The Crows are playing St Kilda in the 1997 GF on 504 at the moment....what a delight to see the Crows guernsey with all the colours displayed correctly, and not a stupid Baltimore Raven logo in sight!

If we are securing a new apparel supplier after BLK have gone bust, surely its the perfect time to finally transition to a new logo too.

Time to give the fans something they would be proud to wear, and not feel embarrassed.

Fix it Fages

I'm not a massive fan of the raptor head, but I think unfortunately a crow is a hard one to pull off.

It seems like the cartoon style writing underneath isn't doing it any favours, and without that it seems a lot better - ie on some of the flat brim caps. Maybe that is an easy fix or improvement which could be made with minimal cost/effort.

Side note: Which AFL club logo actually does look good? Personally I don't mind the shield style ones, and Sydney's is cool but most others look pretty naff to me. I don't think ours is too bad in comparison. That one with a hand holding a lighting bolt is terrible, for example.

Last edited:
I'm not a massive fan of the raptor head, but I think unfortunately a crow is a hard one to pull off.

It seems like the cartoon style writing underneath isn't doing it any favours, and without that it seems a lot better - ie on some of the flat brim caps. Maybe that is an easy fix or improvement which could be made with minimal cost/effort.

Side note: Which AFL club logo actually does look good? Personally I don't mind the shield style ones, and Sydney's is cool but most others look pretty naff to me. I don't think ours is too bad in comparison. That one with a hand holding a lighting bolt is terrible, for example.
We have comfortably the worst logo in the AFL. It's a joke.

I like carltons. I would change ours to the sanfl AFC logo and a small black crow outline from yonks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our first logos were fine.....

This is what I think too, get rid of the cartoony text and put a professional looking font underneath it and get rid of the colour gradients in the logo, make it 3 flat colours. It would make a large improvement. It's a bad idea to change the logo in big ways from a branding point of view, in the ways they have done in the past. Logo updates should be done in small incremental changes a good example of this is pepsi.

It's dreadful. The main thing that bugs me about it and it is an enduring issue that transcended into BLK's apparel issues is that we are not NM or WB! Royal ****ing blue is not and never was one of our colours.

It found its way onto the logo and then worse it found its way onto the ground by way of away guernseys.

It's like Hawthorn just changing the colour of their logo to navy blue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We have comfortably the worst logo in the AFL. It's a joke.
personally I think Brisbane's, Geelong's, Gold Coast's and North Melbourne's logos are equally bad.

the shape of the raptor head we've got isn't too bad really, as we saw on last years black cap with brown logo the shape translates fairly well, better than putting it inside a shield like the Hawk's or Cat's logo... the big problem we've got is the horrific blue and the already-looked-dated-when-released text underneath.

the other problem is that adopting a monogram or a silhouette of a crow in flight are both kind of flawed options too. A monogram is a bit try-hard for us and the silhouette options are pretty weak and lack boldness and readability.

here's a very quick knock-up of the current logo with a couple of tweaks. Obviously you could further refine the tones and pick a better font, and you probably wouldn't update the current design to this, but perhaps if it was more like this to begin with we wouldn't hate it so much. Or you might hate this even more ;)

R7ouwrd.jpg

Yeah, logo makes me cringe every time I see it. The design isn't great, but the colours are crap.

Love this post

General use of the word but, is to frame opposite attributes of something: "Patrick Dangerfraud is great at getting the ball, but his disposal is terrible to say the least"

whenever someone does a negative / negative frame, it cracks me up.

Love this post

General use of the word but, is to frame opposite attributes of something: "Patrick Dangerfraud is great at getting the ball, but his disposal is terrible to say the least"

whenever someone does a negative / negative frame, it cracks me up.
Haha, I do know how it works. I thought it was funny that even though it's bad, it can still be worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Football Club Logo

Back