Coach Adelaide under Matthew Nicks

Remove this Banner Ad

hes under fire but against the presumptive premier what did ppl expect last night?
It doesn't matter how good Sydney are, to be 16 points up with under six minutes left in the third and then concede 10 in a row (including six in five minutes of game time) is unacceptable.

I suspect they’ll give him till this time next year and if they’re not contending for finals there will be a full shake-up like what happened at Essendon in 2022.

There are some good coaches in the wings right now.
Leppa, Gia, Buckley, Cox
Problem is some of those guys might be snapped up by then. Longmuir, Goodwin and Beveriidge on varying degrees of thin ice.

I reckon he’s gone at the end of this season and if another coach goes earlier Adelaide will ditch him almost immediately.

Regards

S. Pete

I suspect they’ll give him till this time next year and if they’re not contending for finals there will be a full shake-up like what happened at Essendon in 2022.

There are some good coaches in the wings right now.
Leppa, Gia, Buckley, Cox
None of those guys are South Australian, maybe Buckley as he played for the Magpies but I've always thought he was more a Territorian, sure they dabble with a Pyke, Ayres or Shaw but they will almost invariably default to picking a South Aussie.

Which South Australians are out there?

None of those guys are South Australian, maybe Buckley as he played for the Magpies but I've always thought he was more a Territorian, sure they dabble with a Pyke, Ayres or Shaw but they will almost invariably default to picking a South Aussie.

Which South Australians are out there?

Every second coach the Crows have chosen has been a Victorian "but they will almost invariably default to picking a South Aussie"?

List not good enough, Nicks every week makes shyte team selections, hopeless match day coach.

Adelaide Football Club says "all good, nothing to see here except blue skies ahead"

We over achieved in 2023 on the back of a soft draw, almost injury free season, unexpected top season from the ageing Tex but the reality is that with this list and these coaches, mid table wilderness for a number of years beckons

I'm not sure even you understand the point you are trying to make
Cornes - SA
Shaw - Vic
Blight - SA
Ayres - Vic
Craig - SA
Sanderson - SA
Walsh - Vic
Pyke - WA
Nicks - SA

My point is that while they employ coaches from outside SA from time to time they generally revert back to, as you can see above, South Australians.

But please tell me what I am trying to say seeing as you have more insight to my thoughts than me.

Cornes - SA
Shaw - Vic
Blight - SA
Ayres - Vic
Craig - SA
Sanderson - SA
Walsh - Vic
Pyke - WA
Nicks - SA

My point is that while they employ coaches from outside SA from time to time they generally revert back to, as you can see above, South Australians.

But please tell me what I am trying to say seeing as you have more insight to my thoughts than me.

Based on every second coach being a non-South Australian, you're claiming - "but they will almost invariably default to picking a South Aussie".

You need to get a lot better at maths.

Based on every second coach being a non-South Australian, you're claiming - "but they will almost invariably default to picking a South Aussie".

You need to get a lot better at maths.
?? I am not suggesting that every second coach is South Australian, you have made this up in your mind. And is not true, Craig to Sanderson for example.
Is their current coach not South Australian? After having two coaches from outside SA? Would that not be invariably defaulting to picking a South Aussie?

?? I am not suggesting that every second coach is South Australian, you have made this up in your mind. And is not true, Craig to Sanderson for example.
Is their current coach not South Australian? After having two coaches from outside SA? Would that not be invariably defaulting to picking a South Aussie?

"but they will almost invariably default to picking a South Aussie" are your words.

The Crows have had 9 coaches and 4 of them have been non-South Australian but apparently, they "almost invariably" pick South Australians.

"but they will almost invariably default to picking a South Aussie" are your words.

The Crows have had 9 coaches and 4 of them have been non-South Australian but apparently, they "almost invariably" pick South Australians.
At least you have stop saying that every second one has been from outside SA. I will take that as acknowledgement.

And of those ones that have not been South Australian have the Crows then, at some point after they have departed, hired a South Aussie for the job? Is the current coach not a South Australian after having two non SA coaches?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the CEO (Silvers) is doing a mid-season review of the footy department but he has already declared that Nicks is safe...

These are two completely separate issues. I’m not sure why you’re combining them into one.

I'm confused, how are those 2 different issues? People basically saying he's washed up and I'm saying he's not washed up because he'd be a starter in every forward line in the AFL.

Probably because you’re completely ignoring any aspect other than his quality as a footballer.

You can be the best player the game has ever seen, and also be cooked.

Mutual exclusivity doesn’t apply here.
Ok, I think you misunderstood me then.

My point was that he's NOT cooked, considering that he'd start at every club in the league even now. If he was cooked, he wouldn't be in that category.

O'Reilly is leading the comp for hitouts - even today after missing 2 rounds - and Nicks decided to drop him???

Grundy was massive last night. It's like putting a small forward to take out a key tall
It did seem that a lot of the Adelaide posters had (after loss to hawthorn) been calling for ROB to be dropped as well.

Ok, I think you misunderstood me then.

My point was that he's NOT cooked, considering that he'd start at every club in the league even now. If he was cooked, he wouldn't be in that category.

I didn’t misunderstand. I just think you’re not willing to accept the reality as we can all clearly see it.

Firstly, he wouldn’t start at every team in the league.

I guess by your metric, Tom Hawkins also isn’t cooked because he’s held his spot in a Geelong side that started 7-0 and should feature yet again in September?

Even the most one eyed Cats fan would laugh at that suggestion, because everyone can see the reality.

Second, he’s not moving well nor is he playing with the trademark flair we’re used to seeing.

He’s also averaging the 3rd lowest goals per game across his career, ahead of only his debut season and a shortened 2020.

It’s not a criticism of him. He’s been a star and he was amazing last year, what he did as a 33 year old to drag you into finals contention was exceptional.

But now the cliff has come. He’ll still kick goals here and there such is his quality as a footballer, but his impact is way, way down, as would be expected from a player of his age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back