Admin, Finance, Members, Ratings, Crowds, Policies - its the 2016 AFL v NRL v ARU v FFA v BBL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading this article, rugby league expansion is to come at the Qld/NSW Cup level, not NRL level: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...l/news-story/c084437904da62c3e9f831e585789d24

Over 60% of juniors are of Polynesian background - wow - less than 1% of Australia's population supplies over 60 % of it juniors.

At a guess it would be the rural areas of NSW and QLD that are supplying the non Polynesian juniors to that figure, i wonder what the % of Polynesian juniors in the city is.

Makes you wonder where all those thousands upon thousands of non Polynesian juniors that used to exist in the city have gone ?.

Over 60% of juniors are of Polynesian background - wow - less than 1% of Australia's population supplies over 60 % of it juniors.

At a guess it would be the rural areas of NSW and QLD that are supplying the non Polynesian juniors to that figure, i wonder what the % of Polynesian juniors in the city is.

Makes you wonder where all those thousands upon thousands of non Polynesian juniors that used to exist in the city have gone ?.

I'm pretty confident that the establishment of the Giants, in part, is to attract them to our game.

I'm pretty confident that the establishment of the Giants, in part, is to attract them to our game.

I wouldn't have thought any different, however the Polynesians are culturally very strongly tied to the rugby codes, I would have thought that other demographics are bigger, easier target markets.

I wonder if the Falou, Hunt experiment which I reckon was a waste of money ( in hindsight) has actually made any inroads into the Polynesian market ?.

I wouldn't have thought any different, however the Polynesians are culturally very strongly tied to the rugby codes, I would have thought that other demographics are bigger, easier target markets.

I wonder if the Falou, Hunt experiment which I reckon was a waste of money ( in hindsight) has actually made any inroads into the Polynesian market ?.
It isn't the Polynesian kids they are after, its the kids they have displaced from league.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

It isn't the Polynesian kids they are after, its the kids they have displaced from league.

That is of course if you believe any one has been displaced, which BTW i do, but many people will argue that point, some even here on this board.

Some people have even played the racist card when discussing it, quite pathetic really.

They know who they are.

That is of course if you believe any one has been displaced, which BTW i do, but many people will argue that point, some even here on this board.

Some people have even played the racist card when discussing it, quite pathetic really.

They know who they are.

Isnt displaced just 'not good enough' .... take that guy of Fijian parents born in western Sydney, could have played any number of sports, did he displace some WA kid wanting to play AFL footy or is that guy playing WAFL footy?

Isnt displaced just 'not good enough' .... take that guy of Fijian parents born in western Sydney, could have played any number of sports, did he displace some WA kid wanting to play AFL footy or is that guy playing WAFL footy?

Well, if parents believe their kids are "not good enough", we'll happily take them.

Well, if parents believe their kids are "not good enough", we'll happily take them.

But if you take them, they are not displaced .... :thumbsu: if indeed you ever are? The sport decides if you are good enough not your folks.

Imagine how many would be F1 wouldhavebeens Daniel Ricciardo must have displaced because they weren't good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But if you take them, they are not displaced .... :thumbsu: if indeed you ever are? The sport decides if you are good enough not your folks.

Imagine how many would be F1 wouldhavebeens Daniel Ricciardo must have displaced because they weren't good enough.
Don't agree with that: I know plenty of kids who didn't get through to top-level sport despite obvious talent because their paprents either couldn't afford or could not spend the time ferrying kids around to sports fixtures all weekend.
There there are the gun kids who just get bored and would rather skateboard or whatever.

Don't agree with that: I know plenty of kids who didn't get through to top-level sport despite obvious talent because their paprents either couldn't afford or could not spend the time ferrying kids around to sports fixtures all weekend.
There there are the gun kids who just get bored and would rather skateboard or whatever.

no probs here, other than I'd not call the kids you refer to as displaced.

No one didn't get to play Motorsport because of Ricarrdi, the anecdotal evidence is that there are plenty of kids who would have played league who are not, because their parents do not want the playing against the Polynesian kids.

If I want to be in Syria, but I am not because of war, I am displaced, if I want to play league, but I am not because of Polynesians, I am displaced, no?

League kids in the market for a different sport, should the AFL just let the FFA have them?

No one didn't get to play Motorsport because of Ricarrdi, the anecdotal evidence is that there are plenty of kids who would have played league who are not, because their parents do not want the playing against the Polynesian kids.

If I want to be in Syria, but I am not because of war, I am displaced, if I want to play league, but I am not because of Polynesians, I am displaced, no?

League kids in the market for a different sport, should the AFL just let the FFA have them?

Find another club, displaced no, not good enough yes !

Probably not your best analogy given it's impossible to become an F1 driver unless your parents are filthy rich.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-announces-funding-for-expansion/tabid/10874/newsid/102104/default.aspx

NRL announces Facilities Fund

The NRL today announced a new funding program to support rugby league facilities beyond its traditional strongholds of Queensland and New South Wales.

The National Footy Facilities Fund is an initiative of the National Rugby League and assists existing and new clubs to improve the quality, availability and standard of their facilities.

A total of $3 million will be seeded into the Fund (minimum $500,000 per year over six years) and will be available to help develop local rugby league facilities in Western Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory.

The Fund aims to improve facilities for a variety of benefits, including increasing participation, safety and security, social inclusion and strengthening communities.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-announces-funding-for-expansion/tabid/10874/newsid/102104/default.aspx

NRL announces Facilities Fund

The NRL today announced a new funding program to support rugby league facilities beyond its traditional strongholds of Queensland and New South Wales.

The National Footy Facilities Fund is an initiative of the National Rugby League and assists existing and new clubs to improve the quality, availability and standard of their facilities.

A total of $3 million will be seeded into the Fund (minimum $500,000 per year over six years) and will be available to help develop local rugby league facilities in Western Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory.

The Fund aims to improve facilities for a variety of benefits, including increasing participation, safety and security, social inclusion and strengthening communities.
Thats $3 Mill over 6 years into 6 states and territories, or $500K per state over 6 years, or a bit under $90 k per year per state. Our local council just spent more than that on 1 joint use Soccer/Rugby facility.

Probably not your best analogy given it's impossible to become an F1 driver unless your parents are filthy rich.

Yet your place is on the line week in, week out ... if your are not quick enough, see you later motors, you can always drive a taxi, pays a bit less, the public treat you a bit differently ... not displaced, just not good enough.

melbournederby2012-2016.png

Thats $3 Mill over 6 years into 6 states and territories, or $500K per state over 6 years, or a bit under $90 k per year per state. Our local council just spent more than that on 1 joint use Soccer/Rugby facility.
It's shit all, but it's only available to projects which have government support.

It was just a cheap announcement for the NRL to make while in Perth, knowing full well they aren't serious about funding grassroots outside NSW, QLD & ACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back