List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those young adult bodies that dominates at sanfl level therefore a high draft pick, then when they get thrown into the AFL they come back to the field quickly. Plus his foot is a big issue. He's no Ollie Wines.
"Young adult bodies"????
You've got to be kidding. In 2009 when he was playing for Sturt there wasn't much of him, certainly not big for his age or overly solid. He had a great year due to his attack on the footy and his skills. Similar to Aish in his years at Norwood.

A trade rumour thread on the main board has two about us.
1. With freo: Hannah and 13 for 10 source Perth newspaper
2. With Hawks: Grimley for a swap of late round picks. Source unknown
Freo is no go for me. It's the old mentality of chuck away a player we don't want but everyone else must surely want.

A trade rumour thread on the main board has two about us.
1. With freo: Hannah and 13 for 10 source Perth newspaper
2. With Hawks: Grimley for a swap of late round picks. Source unknown

Would certainly leave us a little more covered in terms of talls. Hannah is a reasonable back up ruck for Jacobs, would make sense considering he's behind Sandilands, Griffin and Clarke, plus potentially Apeness.

By the sounds Grimely has talent, but potentially has McKernan written all over him, but again we need KP depth, so not a bad choice, especially if it costs us merely a swap in late round picks.

The delisting of Petrenko and Johnston on Friday to me suggests that we've got a few deals essentially done and were only holding onto those 2 in case those deals went sour.

"Young adult bodies"????
You've got to be kidding. In 2009 when he was playing for Sturt there wasn't much of him, certainly not big for his age or overly solid. He had a great year due to his attack on the footy and his skills. Similar to Aish in his years at Norwood.
Nope, he was playing sanfl at 17, not many do. He match it with blokes 10 yrs older than him so adult body reference stands. His attack on the footy and skill is unquestioned. Aish is a gun too.

Walshy wants more lefties

That's what skills training is for. The fact we had so many players keep looking for their natural side suggests we weren't doing enough basic skills training. Hawthorn didn't just by some fluke draft all the best skilled players, its training. Sando was so focused on contested ball that when we got it we had no skills to use the ball properly, the amount of pathetic kicks that couldn't hit the most simple of targets that most 15yo could hit was a disgrace and I think really played a part in his departure. I sure hope that Walshy believes a bit more in some basic skills than Sando did.

That's what skills training is for. The fact we had so many players keep looking for their natural side suggests we weren't doing enough basic skills training. Hawthorn didn't just by some fluke draft all the best skilled players, its training. Sando was so focused on contested ball that when we got it we had no skills to use the ball properly, the amount of pathetic kicks that couldn't hit the most simple of targets that most 15yo could hit was a disgrace and I think really played a part in his departure. I sure hope that Walshy believes a bit more in some basic skills than Sando did.
So Philthy still wants more left footed players. And the rest of the squad needs to train more at using their opposite side because their skill execution is poor. Couldn't Agee more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone be happy with swapping pick 10 for Trengove? I don't mind Trengove but is he worth pick 10, I dont think so?
Personally I'd have my reservations. But If Nobes and Philthy think they can get the best out of him, then I am prepared to back the decision in. If we could somehow talk the Dee's into taking one of our less required players along with a 2nd/3rd round pick, it would be well worth the gamble.

EDIT: *Rather than pick 10 ofcourse.

Personally I'd have my reservations. But If Nobes and Philthy think they can get the best out of him, then I am prepared to back the decision in. If we could somehow talk the Dee's into taking one of our less required players along with a 2nd/3rd round pick, it would be well worth the gamble.

EDIT: *Rather than pick 10 ofcourse.
There's a rumour on main board his medical didn't go well. Shame if true, but I guess truth will come out tomorrow

There's a rumour on main board his medical didn't go well. Shame if true, but I guess truth will come out tomorrow
That Is a shame if true. Another victim of Melbournes faulty devolpment programs. It's not worth being a gun junior if faced with the prospect of being recruited by that mob.

Hopefully the result wasn't that bad, could help us get him for slightly less.

EDIT: Spelling, damn predictive text.

That Is a shame if true. Another victim of Melbournes faulty devolpment programs. It's not worth being a gun junior if faced with the prospect of being recruited by that mob.

Its an absolute travesty really what the Melbourne football club have been able to do to young draftees over the years. So much wasted talent.

Quite frankly, the AFL should have kicked this club out of Melbourne and restructured it into the Tassie Devils or something similar year ago.

If Richmond are offering pick 12 - we should walk away.

Jack Trengrove ability warrants a pick between 8 and 14 but his injures have to lower that to a pick between 20 and 30.

Lyons to St Kilda, Trengove to Adelaide and pick 21 to the Dees is the way I see it. Anything above that would be a massive gain for the Demons.

Although Melbourne's development program's should be called into question(Skully, Watts etc.)I think it his body that has let him down on this occasion.

Although Melbourne's development program's should be called into question(Skully, Watts etc.)I think it his body that has let him down on this occasion.
Yes It is his fitness that is the issue, which I believe is caused by the way they handled his development. I.e. throwing him in the deep end.

I would hazard a guess that Melbourne's fitness and medical staff aren't up to scratch either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back