AFC Asian Cup - Final: Australia v Japan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've scored those 3 goals with the chances kewell got. Robbie should have started. the useless players couldn't get 1 through ball for robbie in 20 minutes. PATHETIC. thank god this pathetic competion is over.

I would've scored those 3 goals with the chances kewell got. Robbie should have started. the useless players couldn't get 1 through ball for robbie in 20 minutes. PATHETIC. thank god this pathetic competion is over.

Yes Yes. We have heard it all from you before. Master tactician, player, agent and BS artist.

no you wouldn't have. That's why you're a keyboard warrior doing SFA with your life and Kewell has made millions and played in many great football matches.
He missed chances yes, but he was brilliant last night with his hold up play and passing. It was a real shame we lost, because we were the better side for much of the game. But if you don't take the chances that come your way, you risk having one piece of skill count, like they did. Carney's positioning was laughable, but in the end a brilliant cross and fantastic volley beat us.
Japan are the Asian Cup holders, they deserve it as they have played well, but there's not much between us.
Proud to be Australian today, well done Socceroos, you did your best and came up short, but you still did us all proud.:thumbsu:

The standout feature of this tournament is just how stupid Pim Verbeek now looks

"A-League has no talent"

Ognenovski, McKay, Jedinak were 3 of the best 5 performers from the whole tournament. Born and bred in the A-League. Not to mention Carney, Kruse, Culina also making a contribution

No suprises there, we may have created alot of chances but all of them required a bit of luck, relying on a header all night was crap play

Japan on the other hand kept creating real chances and they finally netted one, whilst Australia dominated the game, Japan always looked classier with the ball

Oh well, maybe in 4 years the new look team can finally snag something or will they just choke at home?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-leagu...osque-but-not-the-dollars-20110124-1a2ys.html

The 18-year-old's playing career has been put on hold amid an ongoing investigation into gang-related crimes.

Appearing in Burwood Court yesterday, Bulut and four other co-accused faced charges including malicious wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, robbery in company, participation in criminal group, assisting criminal activity, affray and intimidation.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-leagu...osque-but-not-the-dollars-20110124-1a2ys.html

It's been kept pretty quiet, considering how well he played with the young socceroos, I didn't realise until I was scrolling through bigsoccer the other day.

Still heartbroken this morning. We played so well and had so many opportunities to score but lost. I feel robbed.

Has to be said that despite being unmarked it was a brilliant finish from Lee. Volleys like that are hard enough but to give Schwarzer absolutely no chance of saving it is a flash of brilliance.

The standout feature of this tournament is just how stupid Pim Verbeek now looks

"A-League has no talent"

Ognenovski, McKay, Jedinak were 3 of the best 5 performers from the whole tournament. Born and bred in the A-League. Not to mention Carney, Kruse, Culina also making a contribution

He was fantastic all tournament.

As others have said, not sure what Carney was up to. We had the chances but couldn't get the job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was fantastic all tournament.

As others have said, not sure what Carney was up to. We had the chances but couldn't get the job done.

so were McKay and Jedinak. Actually the A-League players actually stood up very well to the rigours of the tournament and proved that PIM got it all wrong. Playing regular football is MUCH better than sitting on the bench in a big competition.

It's been kept pretty quiet, considering how well he played with the young socceroos, I didn't realise until I was scrolling through bigsoccer the other day.

Those are the charges they have on him specifically. He is accused of being a member of the ''MBM'' - the Muslim Brotherhood Militants. A bikie gang that scares other bikies with how brutal they are. Big difference is they will target almost anyone.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-rise-and-rise-of-new-gangs-20090328-9eri.html

If true, then he should never play for Australia again.

so were McKay and Jedinak. Actually the A-League players actually stood up very well to the rigours of the tournament and proved that PIM got it all wrong. Playing regular football is MUCH better than sitting on the bench in a big competition.

Opinion stealer :(.

Its the reason why the FFA need to spend ALOT more money on the A-League than they currently are. If they dont get the point after the Asian Cup im afraid they will never get it. Imagine what the team would of looked like without a strong local competition.

Just thinking about it, would Ersan Gulum have made that sort of basic defensive mistake that Carney made? Let's face it, Carney is an attacker playing as a converted left back. Gulum not committing to Australia really came back to bite us in the arse in the end. :(

Just thinking about it, would Ersan Gulum have made that sort of basic defensive mistake that Carney made? Let's face it, Carney is an attacker playing as a converted left back. Gulum not committing to Australia really came back to bite us in the arse in the end. :(

I still think push Wilkshere to LB in the short term was the answer. Long term answer is clearly Josh Rose from Central Coast since the decline of Jamieson. Unlike Jamo, Rose has the pace and strength to keep his good form run going. Id drop Carney for the next year, let him get his club career on track and give LB to Josh Rose and see what he does with the side

We've never had a real genuine clasy striker come to think of it.

Viduka and Aurelio Vidmar were excellent natural finishers despite being unfairly maligned for periods of their Socceroo careers. If anything we've lacked an all-action box-to-box midfielder to win and keep possession to control games for us from the middle of the park.

Not since Zelic was in his pomp and Okon was a wonderful young starter at Lazio have we had one of these. The likes of Cahill, Bresciano and Grella have been great servants but are horribly one-dimensional in terms of what they bring to the table, resulting in sporadic, improvised attacking phases and a regularly pressurised defence.

Gutted. We took it to Japan but the ball just wouldn't go in. Kewell has been fantastic but he missed a golden chance to win it for us. As soon as the keeper saved it I was thinking of the Dutch in the final of the World Cup with their one-on-one chances.:(

We also miss out on the Confeds Cup in Brazil now which would have been a great preparation for the 2014 Cup.

Carney has to take the blame for the goal. He left his man for no apparent reason and he has been the weak link in the line-up. It was never comfortable with our left side of defence all tournament.

Jedinak and Valeri were beasts. The did themselves proud in shutting down Honda and Endo. Huge respect for their work.

Other than Carney's mistake we were brilliant and even though I am shattered I have a good feeling about where we are going with Holger in charge. Bring on the new generation!:thumbsu:

People say how it's good that we've found Matt McKay, but he's 28. He isn't young.

Out of all the players that played last night, only Kruse and Kilkenny will be under 30 when the next World Cup comes around. We have a hell of a lot of rebuilding to do for that World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back