Game Day AFC DRAFT DAY THREAD

How many additional 2021 picks will we end up with from draft day trades?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You reckon addressing it occurs through numerical options, or quality?

Playing six inside midfielders won't improve us- or do they not all play?

It's addressed by both. You need numbers as much as you need quality, as development is not an exact science and even if it was, shit happens with injuries.

Naturally, there is going to be a fair bit of attrition seeing we've taken a fair few mid types in recent drafts, seeing Jones, McHenry, Schoenberg, O'Connor, Gollant (maybe...) + Pedlar, Berry and Hately would all rightly see themselves on the inside in the mid to long term (and that's not factoring others who could transition). Still there is enough quality in that bunch to find a 4-5 who compliment each other and are at a high quality. There isn't a whole lot of double ups in terms of skillsets which is also nice.

If Rowe doesnt cost us Borlase then I am happy - but if we put ourselves in a corner I would be disappointed

I think he is a rookie list player that may provide some value but its a reach for me at 37

It's addressed by both. You need numbers as much as you need quality, as development is not an exact science and even if it was, sh*t happens with injuries.

Naturally, there is going to be a fair bit of attrition seeing we've taken a fair few mid types in recent drafts, seeing Jones, McHenry, Schoenberg, O'Connor, Gollant (maybe...) + Pedlar, Berry and Hately. Still there is enough quality in that bunch to find a 4-5 who compliment each other and are at a high quality. There isn't a whole lot of double ups in terms of skillsets which is also nice.

You absolutely do not need to spend repeat high resource investments for 'numbers' when you have a finite number of players that you can field and no talent in other fields...

If Rowe doesnt cost us Borlase then I am happy - but if we put ourselves in a corner I would be disappointed

I think he is a rookie list player that may provide some value but its a reach for me at 37
Big reach IMO.

I just said this. Strange move. Why not take Borlase and rookie list Rowe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I wrong to assume that, if a club selects Newchurch/Borlase, we can’t match but we can then select another player with pick 80 for our senior list? I think you’re allowed 36-38 senior players
Our list is now completely full (noting that we've committed to taking Hately in the PSD tomorrow). We have no ability to match bids on Borlase/Newchurch, or select another player in either the ND or RD.

Including Hately we have 36 players on our senior list, plus 6 on the Cat A rookie list - a total of 42 players. That's the maximum we're allowed to have.

** We're also allowed to have 2x Cat B rookies, which is where Borlase & Newchurch will hopefully fit in.

Am I wrong to assume that, if a club selects Newchurch/Borlase, we can’t match but we can then select another player with pick 80 for our senior list? I think you’re allowed 36-38 senior players

If we do that, we can't pick up Hately.

Where does Borlase fit though?

Butts, McAsey and Doedee are our long term Big defenders.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFC DRAFT DAY THREAD

Back