AFC to stand trial

Remove this Banner Ad

We "induced" him into an agreement? He had to agree to it, and had other options waiting for him all over the country if he didn't. Induced my arse.
He's backed himself into a corner. He's forgot he's got a soft noggin with plenty of air in it and that if he's unsuccesful with this, he's increasing hie penalty from the AFL and the natural justice waiting for him whenever he fronts a football field again.

If he's lied to the AFl and they can prove that!.

Would you draft him?

Bad luck folks. Supporters never deserve to suffer for the sins of club administrators. I would love to see Tippett suspended as he seems like a bit of a low life as a person, and the Sydney Swans are strong enough already without adding him to their playing list. I hope your club does not lose any draft picks. A couple of hundred thousand bucks won't be missed but not having draft picks would hurt like hell. All the best with the outcome.

This is the first time I have heard about the following:

Tippett has lodged a legal claim against Adelaide for inducing him to enter into an unlawful agreement with the club – an agreement struck in a bid to prevent the then 22-year-old from committing to Gold Coast. That claim remains on hold until next week's hearings have been completed. The AFL investigation into the Crows was completed last week after Anderson's investigative team finished its exhaustive search through the club's files and computer records.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/adelaide-tippett-to-face-music-20121112-2986r.html#ixzz2C3E5W9ob

I can believe the nerve of this guy and his management team

Prick act, but sensible in the context.

We "induced" him into an agreement? He had to agree to it, and had other options waiting for him all over the country if he didn't. Induced my arse.

I can't see how the AFC will have a case to answer. Would be interesting to see Tippett trying to demonstrate that he lacked mental capacity at the time of entering into the agreement - this sort of thing is very difficult to prove retrospectively.

Sorry to intrude but this will be an interesting test for the AFL. Do they go hard or soft on Melbourne, a club which is on its knees and of course a Vic based club?

Then do they treat Adelaide with equal measure?

I am convinced the AFL will not give Adelaide a fair hearing.

The Melbourne case is more sensitive because MFC has threatened to take it to court, while the AFL investigators have evidence from other people, they don't really have the smoking gun yet, not enough to hold up in court if challenged. It is why there is the timing issue.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-and-league-on-collision-course-20121112-298nr.html

Doesn't suggest they are going light, they are threatening everyone who was associated with that period that they will be kicked out of the industry if they do not comply.

Once they get the evidence, I think Melbourne will be excluded from the early rounds of the draft for multiple years, the AFL said they think tanking is more severe than salary cap cheating and it risks the AFL not being an approved sport for gambling which risks a lot of money for the AFL and clubs alike.

The Melbourne case is more sensitive because MFC has threatened to take it to court, while the AFL investigators have evidence from other people, they don't really have the smoking gun yet, not enough to hold up in court if challenged. It is why there is the timing issue.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-and-league-on-collision-course-20121112-298nr.html

Doesn't suggest they are going light, they are threatening everyone who was associated with that period that they will be kicked out of the industry if they do not comply.

Once they get the evidence, I think Melbourne will be excluded from the early rounds of the draft for multiple years, the AFL said they think tanking is more severe than salary cap cheating and it risks the AFL not being an approved sport for gambling which risks a lot of money for the AFL and clubs alike.

Interesting dilemma.

Go soft on Melbourne and risk gambling revenue.
Go hard on Melbourne and risk having a 17 team comp during an expansion phase and risk television rights revenue.

MMM....sounds like it will be a kangaroo court and a mickey mouse investigation only to find "an act of one's own folly" rather than holding the club to account.

Adelaide on the other hand will be bent over a barrow and prodded until their eyes bleed.

That is foul play

Interesting dilemma.

Go hard on Melbourne and risk having a 17 team comp during an expansion phase and risk television rights revenue.

MMM....sounds like it will be a kangaroo court and a mickey mouse investigation only to find "an act of one's own folly" rather than holding the club to account.

Adelaide on the other hand will be bent over a barrow and prodded until their eyes bleed.

That is foul play

I doubt that the AFL would become a 17 team comp, more than likely they would create a team in Tassie from the remnants of the Melbourne FC.

The question really has to be asked as to why we catered to this narcissist for so f'ing long, that really is the disgraceful part on the clubs behalf. It's clear that Kurt has always been out for himself, looking to screw us over at the first chance he got if it were for personal gain. The arrogance of the club to think it could control a character like this is disgraceful and the kind of thing that destroys the fabric of a club.

I was all for going as hard as we could to keep him 3 years ago, but had I known his character and that we'd have to break the rules just to keep, I'm sure my views would have been extremely different, as would everyone else's. We weren't on the inside, we had nfi what Tippett was really like, Trigg and Reid should have and were seriously negligent in their duty towards the club, it's players, employees and supporters in keeping this cancer around our club.

Quite frankly I hope Kurt gets deregistered, he's acted like a petulant child throughout this whole affair, he needs to learn that the world does not revolve around Kurt Tippett.

The vault ends up being a tin shed?

With everyone incriminating everyone else about this so-called meeting in the vault - by the time the investigation is finished, MFC will hold the world record for squashing the most people into a tin shed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippett having a crack at AFC for inducing him into a contract that favoured him & not AFC & was dreamed up by his team. Surely he should be suing his player manager - Blutcher, who should also have known better.

Is Kurt trying to become the most-hated player in the AFL? He is just putting more pressure on himself & could disintegrate under the pressure.

Interesting dilemma.

That is foul play

I don't think the MFC being mediocre on-field will impact their viability. They are effectively part of the MCC once again, anyone who plays at the MCG is subsidising them and they have access to old money, they pretty much wiped out their debt by passing the hat around their old wealthy supporters.

I think until NSW and QLD become mature enough markets to lure prime time games away from Victoria the current environment is unlikely to change dramatically. Same reason the AFL is supporting Port and other clubs, they had made long-term commitments that they are not going to break and will likely be renewed if the status quo stays the same.

The question really has to be asked as to why we catered to this narcissist for so f'ing long, that really is the disgraceful part on the clubs behalf. It's clear that Kurt has always been out for himself, looking to screw us over at the first chance he got if it were for personal gain. The arrogance of the club to think it could control a character like this is disgraceful and the kind of thing that destroys the fabric of a club.

I was all for going as hard as we could to keep him 3 years ago, but had I known his character and that we'd have to break the rules just to keep, I'm sure my views would have been extremely different, as would everyone else's. We weren't on the inside, we had nfi what Tippett was really like, Trigg and Reid should have and were seriously negligent in their duty towards the club, it's players, employees and supporters in keeping this cancer around our club.

Quite frankly I hope Kurt gets deregistered, he's acted like a petulant child throughout this whole affair, he needs to learn that the world does not revolve around Kurt Tippett.

100% agreed.

I'm trying to imagine what would have happened if, in 2009, we had lost Kurt and the club had then come out and said that Kurt had asked us to make a deal that was contrary to the rules of the AFL in order to stay? Would it just have been batted aside as a bitter comment from a scorned club? Would it have been investigated?

Either way, we shouldn't have done it. I would have been very upset with the club losing him in 2009, but nowhere near as upset as I am at what transpired in order to keep him.

"They made me do it, they put in front of me an offer I couldn't refuse. I mean, just look at all those zeros!!!"

And what is Trigg going to say " Tippett made me do it ? " Yep poor old Crows bullied by one
I can't see how the AFC will have a case to answer. Would be interesting to see Tippett trying to demonstrate that he lacked mental capacity at the time of entering into the agreement - this sort of thing is very difficult to prove retrospectively.

Not so sure..young inexperienced footballer getting all these deals put in front of him plus the big hardsell from a big corporation. Crows I'm sure would have told him he has nothing to worry about otherwise why would (the Crows) do such a dodgy thing. Nothing illegal just bending the rules a bit. Sign here we are not idiots. you'll be fine nothing to worry about.

And what is Trigg going to say " Tippett made me do it ? " Yep poor old Crows bullied by one

Not so sure..young inexperienced footballer getting all these deals put in front of him plus the big hardsell from a big corporation. Crows I'm sure would have told him he has nothing to worry about otherwise why would (the Crows) do such a dodgy thing. Nothing illegal just bending the rules a bit. Sign here we are not idiots. you'll be fine nothing to worry about.
You know he was being represented by a manager don't you? You know someone who is paid to manage his affairs and advise him about contracts etc

Yeah, nah, I don't think you have an adequate grasp of who or what is involved in contract negotiations to be making comments on the topic. Tippett has enough people representing him in this matter, too many in fact. He's certainly not in a position to be playing the role of the uninformed innocent victim.

Melbourne coaches and football department officials have alleged investigators Brett Clothier and Abraham Haddad have told them they would be thrown out of the industry should they fail to answer questions fully and honestly.
Demon directors and executives have also been angered at the alleged practice by Haddad and Clothier of turning off and on their official tapes during recorded interview sessions while reminding witnesses their future in the AFL could be at stake.
Advertisement
The Demons are also concerned at allegations some witnesses were talked into confessing their presence at certain scenarios after being told that others had already incriminated them.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-and-league-on-collision-course-20121112-298nr.html#ixzz2C5vTPOuV

Hardly the bastions of integrity the AFL itself if as Caro has reported their investigators Clothier and Haddad are using "selective" taping tactics when taking evidence, If I was MFC I'd be mightily pissed off too!!!!

In our case I smell a "witch hunt".

Yeah, nah, I don't think you have an adequate grasp of who or what is involved in contract negotiations to be making comments on the topic. Tippett has enough people representing him in this matter, too many in fact. He's certainly not in a position to be playing the role of the uninformed innocent victim.

And yet his lawyers feel differently?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFC to stand trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back