AFL 2014 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Brisbane have anyone on an 'elite list'.

Rockliff, Hanley, Mayes, Rich and Leuenberger all have the potential to become elite (A+ Graders). None are there at this point in time though (Rockliff the closest).

Redden, Adcock, Golby, Zorko, Moloney, Green, Merrett and Staker are all capable B-Graders who can bat above their weight on certain weeks. I couldn't see the most biased of Brisbane fans referring to any of them as 'elite' any time soon.

The rest are either fairly average, washed up (Jonathan Brown in particular) or too young/raw. Players like Rohan Bewick and James Polkinghorne don't have the ability to play at AFL level, yet they're still on your list.

Other than Ablett neither do the Gold Coast. Rockliff is there already.

Other than Ablett neither do the Gold Coast. Rockliff is there already.
He is on the edge of being but he would need to put up a full season to be elite. He hasnt done that yet.

Other than that it was a reasonable assessment of the list

So... you're not keen. Sounds like the Lions fans are full of false confidence for round 1.
So you won't literally bet ANYTHING? You're so confident that the hawks will run over the Lions you shouldn't even have to think twice about it. $1000, yeah?

So you won't literally bet ANYTHING? You're so confident that the hawks will run over the Lions you shouldn't even have to think twice about it. $1000, yeah?
Why would I bet anything when I have nothing to gain, you muppet! I'll put up $1000 if you put up $100.

As for the previous poster, I don't have a million to play with. However, if I did, I would have no hesitations in putting up $1 mill if you put up $100,000.

still waiting on that elite list...
At home with my family. Trawling through both lists is not on my radar.
Ablett is elite. O'meara, Bennell and Martin look most likely to become elite.

Rockliff most likely to make that jump but behind those 4.

If I've missed an obvious one feel free to all be offended.

How do you feel about Ziebell and Cunnington being mentioned as on the cusp of elite? I think they are. If you disagree I won't jump up and fown, throw all the toys out of the cot and cry about it. It's your opinion and that's cool.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

At home with my family. Trawling through both lists is not on my radar.
Ablett is elite. O'meara, Bennell and Martin look most likely to become elite.

Rockliff most likely to make that jump but behind those 4.

If I've missed an obvious one feel free to all be offended.

How do you feel about Ziebell and Cunnington being mentioned as on the cusp of elite? I think they are. If you disagree I won't jump up and fown, throw all the toys out of the cot and cry about it. It's your opinion and that's cool.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Ablett is elite, best in the competition. O'Meara I see great things for him expecting an elite status. Bennell is inconsistent and martin hasn't even played a game.

Rockliff is a bees dick away, Hanley and Leuenberger as well Rich needs to lift to be classed as close.

Sammy Mayes I feel will become a great player

Ziebell will Cunnington nope. Scott Thompson certainly is for his position.

Ablett is elite, best in the competition. O'Meara I see great things for him expecting an elite status. Bennell is inconsistent and martin hasn't even played a game.

Rockliff is a bees dick away, Hanley and Leuenberger as well Rich needs to lift to be classed as close.

Sammy Mayes I feel will become a great player

Ziebell will Cunnington nope. Scott Thompson certainly is for his position.

I don't know what your definition of elite is, but I can tell you Hanley and Leuenberger are not a bee's dick away from being elite.

I don't know what your definition of elite is, but I can tell you Hanley and Leuenberger are not a bee's dick away from being elite.
Leuey is in the top 5 rucks currently and wasn't that far off AA last year. Its within his grasp to be elite this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite would be roughly one of the best 20 players in the AFL right? I don't see either Leuenberger or Hanley reaching those heights this year, nor close to it.
Every second player is elite nowadays.

Elite would be roughly one of the best 20 players in the AFL right? I don't see either Leuenberger or Hanley reaching those heights this year, nor close to it.
To me its always been the top couple in their position and as such Leuey would be close. But yes you are correct that there are too many ways the term elite is thrown around

Say that again.
Black Ops

hqdefault.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2014 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back