AFL 2017 - R10 - Richmond v Essendon 7:25pm AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never blamed umpiring for a loss mate and I don't support the bombers either.
And I don't live by your standards pal so do me a favour, reach out, grab something bolted to the ground and give yourself a nice big spin around on your lofty spinning throne.

"Not under immediate physical pressure?" (as Darby just said!)

Please... the ball was possibly going through for a goal, he was chasing it at full-speed, and he had an opponent 0.2 of a second behind him. Not sure what else he was supposed to do there? What, pick up the ball, stop suddenly at full-speed, and baulk the guy who was right up his arse?

Come on...

Ridiculous rule, and ridiculous decision.

And keep in mind I'm an Essendon supporter.

It's the right call as the rule stands.

It's also a shit rule that should be dumped asap. Just like the 30 second shot clock

Exactly.

Green played the rule.

The rule itself is shit.

Am I the only one who thought that was the right call? Short didn't contest the ball at all and no one was tackling him or even within an arm's reach of touching him. Not too hard to at least pick up the ball and get tackled over the line. He knew what he had to do but shat himself instead.

I agree with the decision too. All day long u could see all he wanted to do was take it over the line and he did the first moment he could. Didn't even try to hide it.

Needed to sell it a bit more like u said, get tackled over the line for instance.

Umpire needs to understand that the Richmond player was originally under pressure. It was smart by Green no doubt, but what is the alternative for the Richmond player? Pick it up with what he thinks is a Bombers player breathing down his neck and get caught HTB? He certainly didn't know Green pulled up.

The rule is "physical" pressure, he needed to pick the ball, take the contact and knock it over the line, his only intention was to knock it over straight away, agree with the rule or not, it was the correct call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Jayden Short knew that? Did you see him looking around? He blew away fat Green but he didn't know he'd beaten him so easily. The guy who got beaten by talent ends up with the reward. That's the kind of stuff you want on the game??

It's his duty in that play to look around to see where the opposition is...

I'd be happy for that decision to be paid every time. Soft as butter when players rush points
I hate it I devalues goals. They're easier to kick nowadays. Forwards don't have to be any good. Just randomly spray the ball inside 50 and well prob get a free

Subway sandwich green falling behind in a chase... now that's playing right into his wheelhouse

I dunno about the rule and whether not it was the correct decision but as a principle I agree with the idea of penalising the Richmond player in that instance.

If he did that to a ball heading towards the wing boundary it would (correctly) be called deliberate and a free kick to the Dons. Why shouldn't be any different in front of goal. He took the easy way out of that and should be penalised.

Umpire needs to understand that the Richmond player was originally under pressure. It was smart by Green no doubt, but what is the alternative for the Richmond player? Pick it up with what he thinks is a Bombers player breathing down his neck and get caught HTB? He certainly didn't know Green pulled up.

Short was to supposed to look over his shoulder... Short went for the ball, Green backed off. Terrible rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2017 - R10 - Richmond v Essendon 7:25pm AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back