AFL 2017 - R10 - Richmond v Essendon 7:25pm AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

What the **** was he supposed to do. Sprinting at full pace was he suppose to run around the ball so when he picked it up he could run upfield. He literally could not have done anything else without rushing it through
maybe not dive to knock it through - try stop pick the ball up and get tackled over? there was no immediate pressure, these guys manage to handball to a teammate through 5 other people, I think he can pick the ball up...

Am I the only one who thought that was the right call? Short didn't contest the ball at all and no one was tackling him or even within an arm's reach of touching him. Not too hard to at least pick up the ball and get tackled over the line. He knew what he had to do but shat himself instead.
I thought it was the correct call, but Im not the most impartial person to ask

And Jayden Short knew that? Did you see him looking around? He blew away fat Green but he didn't know he'd beaten him so easily. The guy who got beaten by talent ends up with the reward. That's the kind of stuff you want on the game??

If I was running this game then we would not have the rule to begin with.

Did you complain about the shocking call against Zaharakis for "taking out the legs"?

Or perhaps that doesn't suit your agenda.
He took his legs out at least. Didn't you see the guys legs bend backwards?? At least it was far more contextual. And what's more... Did it cost you a goal?? From point blank range???????????????

Pulling up or not, there wasn't any pressure.

Does it matter how the lack of pressure came to be?
Umpire needs to understand that the Richmond player was originally under pressure. It was smart by Green no doubt, but what is the alternative for the Richmond player? Pick it up with what he thinks is a Bombers player breathing down his neck and get caught HTB? He certainly didn't know Green pulled up.

Am I the only one who thought that was the right call? Short didn't contest the ball at all and no one was tackling him or even within an arm's reach of touching him. Not too hard to at least pick up the ball and get tackled over the line. He knew what he had to do but shat himself instead.
It's the right call as the rule stands.

It's also a shit rule that should be dumped asap. Just like the 30 second shot clock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call was spot on as how to interpret it as per the rules..

It was a great call.

maybe not dive to knock it through - try stop pick the ball up and get tackled over? there was no immediate pressure, these guys manage to handball to a teammate through 5 other people, I think he can pick the ball up...

Green was 3 metres behind him he couldn't slow down and stop to pick up the ball Green might have been able to sneak a boot onto it

Pulling up or not, there wasn't any pressure.

Does it matter how the lack of pressure came to be?
Yes, he can.

But the rule has NOTHING to do with what the chasing player does.

Was put out of play - deliberately.

And said player was not under pressure. Green outsmarted a player he couldn't catch.

Waaaa.

Surely you two don't actually believe that? Should be banned from bigfooty for life.

It was a wrong call, the rule is under 9 metres it's okay as long as you're under pressure. Was significant pressure.

Even if it wasn't under pressure, simple physics means he really didn't have much option...when running at full pace, you're not going to stop in time. Could he hide it better? Perhaps, but the result was inevitable.

Written on the magic device while drunk down the pub.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2017 - R10 - Richmond v Essendon 7:25pm AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back