Autopsy AFL 2021 Second Semi Final - Cats v Giants Fri September 3rd 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hutchy says if Geelong lose this Scott would be a gettable target for clubs looking for a new coach. Seriously, if he can't win this St. Mary's U/12's wouldn't return his calls.

Even if you were to remove the flag he won, he’s achieved as much in the game as Ross Lyon who is still in demand. Somehow I think he’d find gainful employment if he left the cats.

I have calmed down after last week's debacle, surely Geelong cannot play that badly anymore this season? Port are not that good ( i think they'll lose their home Preliminary if they play the Dogs) Greene is worth 3 goals to the Giants and he won't be there to spook the Cats as he did a few weeks ago.
Geelong can win this by a lot and gear themselves up to shock Melbourne the following week. Cats by 46points.
As much as it pains me to say, I agree. I don’t think this will be the year for the Demons. If Geelong beat GWS (which I think they will) then I think they’ll beat us. I’d be very surprised if we won. The only thing that might stop Geelong is the Stewart injury, but they’ll be working on something to cover that, no doubt.

It may very well be like 2015 when the Hawks lost the QF then went on to win the GF. I think Port are better than you think though, and they should make a GF now. Brisbane do however play very well against Port so if they beat the Dogs then that’ll be a really good PF.

If expect Geelong to respond. They usually do post QF loss. People also forget that Geelong were pantsing us in round 23, up by 45. Yes we won but Geelong will put a lot of work into Melbourne if they get up for this semi final.

Even if you were to remove the flag he won, he’s achieved as much in the game as Ross Lyon who is still in demand. Somehow I think he’d find gainful employment if he left the cats.
Agree. Would it be a bad thing for Geelong to part ways with Scott? It would be incredibly gutsy but I don’t know if it would happen. Geelong clearly need to think outside the square come finals because they do have a poor record in finals.

If Scott became available then he’d be employed somewhere else before he’d filled his box. He’d be able to put a club in contention very quickly. If I were Carlton I’d be holding off until seasons end to appoint a coach, is dangle a big carrot to Scott.

As much as it pains me to say, I agree. I don’t think this will be the year for the Demons. If Geelong beat GWS (which I think they will) then I think they’ll beat us. I’d be very surprised if we won. The only thing that might stop Geelong is the Stewart injury, but they’ll be working on something to cover that, no doubt.

It may very well be like 2015 when the Hawks lost the QF then went on to win the GF. I think Port are better than you think though, and they should make a GF now. Brisbane do however play very well against Port so if they beat the Dogs then that’ll be a really good PF.

If expect Geelong to respond. They usually do post QF loss. People also forget that Geelong were pantsing us in round 23, up by 45. Yes we won but Geelong will put a lot of work into Melbourne if they get up for this semi final.
"Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised" - Denis Waitely. I'm still working on that one, Stewart has been the key and he's out, he is the engine room of that team and although they are capable of upsetting the Demons, they are still the most stable. My surprise will come if Geelong lose this week. Geelong have to be very switched on to win this week, but i also expect the best out of them in the Preliminary. It's the Dogs who could still shock us all?

"Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised" - Denis Waitely. I'm still working on that one, Stewart has been the key and he's out, he is the engine room of that team and although they are capable of upsetting the Demons, they are still the most stable. My surprise will come if Geelong lose this week. Geelong have to be very switched on to win this week, but i also expect the best out of them in the Preliminary. It's the Dogs who could still shock us all?
The Dogs are the sleeper. Definitely.

A Toby Greenless GWS to win and upset the cats and the cats go out in straight sets.

GWS to win by 14 points.
We all dislike Geelong, those who don't support them, but you have to respect them, and Toby Greene or no Toby Greene GWS will not face what Port faced last week.
Geelong won't turn out two docile performances in a row, I suspect the Giants will give it a shot, I don't think they'll win and even if they do they have to win a Prelim and then the Grand Final, they are on death row every game. Greene is not the be all and end all of the Giants , and all the sycophants on foxfooty praise them up but they were like Essendon "sneakers" into the 8.

If they have the intestinal fortitude, I'll praise them, but then they have two weeks. Mind you, so has Geelong, got sudden death,
but they don't capitulate , the GWS, can be best or worst which ever button you press, and last weekend fade against Sydney to scrape in by a point, well that should tell you something, they are vulnrable, but lets see.

Hoges to kick a bag then snort a bag. Danger to go missing when it matters. Hawkins will grab a nice big fat nugget out of his nose and eat it live on television. Selwood’s a dirty campaigner. GWS easily because Geelong are mentally pissweak.
Haha no chance of Hogan doing that. It's probably half the reason Hogan left. Border closures keep out more than covid. 😢

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong at home are a very different beast to anywhere else. The Kardinia Park effect is huge, in my eye its the reason they regularly do well in the h&a.

Optus is a very different place, Giants will be very fired up after losing Toby, Im not gonna be surprised by a straight sets exit for the pussies. I expect us to beat Brisbane and the Port game to be enormous. Flip of the coin stuff. Melb to beat whoever wins cats v giants, the winner of Dogs v Port likely Premier at this stage. IMHO

Brisbane and the WB are pretty much even. Literally a kick between them on percentage. This will go down to the wire. I think if the WB win they’ll take it right up to Port. The WB were top 2 all year bar a pretty average final month. This is going to get pretty interesting I feel if the WB beat Brisbane. The only knock on them is their lack of KPP that could hurt against Brisbane and Port who go well on that front. Port more so.

If you sacrifice 3 first rounders for jez and add 2 players that are 32+ years of age, then this is a very very big game for the cats. A loss would be a big flop.
Agree. Your best players would want to be the guys you brought in via trade. Absolutely huge to give 3x first rounders for Cameron. The guy needs to step up. Big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Second Semi Final - Cats v Giants Fri September 3rd 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Back